Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions toFortnite,Facebook,Instagram,porn,Netflix, Youtube,Tinder… Findall the posts about digital addiction. Today, let’s talk about how to quit the world of tanks addiction.
- What’s the world of tanks addiction?
- Addiction to world of tanks, a “real” addiction?
- What’s considered world of tanks addiction
- How much world of tanks is too much?
- Some video games addiction facts & statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the world of tanks addiction
- Why is world of tanks so addictive?
- Possible causes of world of tanks dependency
- Symptoms, Causes and Signs of world of tanks addiction
- Problems, impacts & bad effects of world of tanks
- Some benefits of world of tanks
- health problems
- impact on brain & mental health
- impact on relationships
- How to stop & quit your world of tanks addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the world of tanks addiction
- Best world of tanks blocker apps & functionalities
- where to seek extra help?
- To Go Further
- How to help someone with world of tanks addiction
- Best books about video games addiction
- Research about video games addiction
What is the world of tanks addiction?
About world of tanks
World of Tanks is an online multiplayer game featuring historic tanks from the mid-20th century. Players battle against each other in a variety of game modes and environments.
Addiction to world of tanks, a “real” addiction?
Officially an addiction?
First, let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes world of tanks addiction?
No, world of tanks addiction is not listed in the DSM-5.
So what means “world of tanks addiction”?
World of Tanks Addiction is the term used to describe the strong attachment that players develop to the online game World of Tanks. Players become obsessed with the game, spending hours playing, collecting tanks, and strategizing. The game can become so intense and time-consuming that it negatively affects their personal and professional lives.
What is considered world of tanks addiction?
- 1. Spending large amounts of time playing World of Tanks, such as extended gaming sessions that disrupt work, school, family, and social activities.
- 2. Preoccupation with the game, such as talking about it, thinking about it when not playing, or looking for ways to play it more.
- 3. Loss of interest in activities previously found enjoyable, such as sports or hobbies.
- 4. Continuation of playing World of Tanks despite negative consequences, such as financial problems, relationship problems, or poor performance in school or work.
- 5. Escalation of playing World of Tanks, such as increasing the amount of time spent playing the game or the number of tanks purchased.
- 6. Withdrawal symptoms when not playing World of Tanks, such as irritability, restlessness, or increased cravings to play the game.
How much world of tanks is too much?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the individual and their lifestyle. Generally, it is recommended to limit gaming time to a few hours a day and to make sure to take breaks in between gameplay.
Additionally, it is important to prioritize other activities such as school, work, and socializing with family and friends.
Some video games addiction facts & statistics
Video game addiction, also known as gaming disorder, is a relatively new phenomenon and the statistics vary depending on the source and definition of addiction. Here are some statistics related to video game addiction:
1. According to a survey conducted by the Entertainment Software Association, 65% of American adults play video games, and the average age of a video gamer is 35 years old.
2. According to a study published in the Journal of Adolescent Health, approximately 8.5% of adolescents in the United States meet the criteria for video game addiction.
3. The World Health Organization (WHO) included gaming disorder as a diagnosable conditionin the 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11.. The WHO estimates that gaming disorder affects 3-4% of gamers.
4. According to a study published in the Journal of Medical Internet Research, gamers who play for more than 40 hours per week are more likely to report depression, anxiety, and lower overall life satisfaction.
5. A study conducted by the University of Oxford found that playing video games for less than an hour per day was associated with higher levels of well-being, while those who played for more than three hours per day had lower levels of well-being.
It is important to note that not all video game usage is considered addiction, and many people are able to enjoy video games in a healthy and balanced way.
Is the world of tanks addiction widespread?
Like any other online game, it is possible for individuals to become addicted to the game if they spend excessive amounts of time playing it, neglecting other responsibilities, and experiencing negative effects on their personal and professional life. It is important for individuals to maintain a healthy balance between their online gaming and their real-life obligations.
Symptoms, Causes and Signs of world of tanks addiction
Why is world of tanks so addictive?
World of Tanks is addictive because of its fast-paced game play and the variety of different tanks and strategies available. It also offers a great sense of satisfaction when you win a battle and the chance to show off your skills and tactics with other players. It also has a great community of players that make it an enjoyable experience.
Possible causes of world of tanks dependency
- 1. Fun and Exciting Gameplay: World of Tanks offers a unique and exciting gameplay experience that is hard to find in other games. With its intense team-based battles, various tank classes, and a deep customization system, the game is highly engaging and addictive.
- 2. Social Interaction: World of Tanks offers a great way to interact with other players. Through the game’s global chat system, players can talk with other players, form clans, and even join tournaments. This social interaction helps make the game even more appealing and addictive.
- 3. Free-to-Play Model: World of Tanks is a free-to-play game, meaning that players can get started without having to spend any money. This makes the game highly accessible and can make it difficult for players to resist the urge to play.
- 4. Leaderboards and Achievements: World of Tanks offers leaderboards and achievements, which can be addictive for players who are trying to be the best.
Additionally, players can gain respect and recognition in the game’s community for their accomplishments.
Signs & Symptoms of world of tanks addiction
Now let’s see if you have the world of tanks addiction problem.
- 1. You think of tanks when you see any vehicle
- 2. You recognize the names and models of tanks from other countries
- 3. You have a hard time enjoying other games
- 4. You have a collection of tank models
- 5. You have memorized the stats of different tanks
- 6. You can name all the nations in the game
- 7. You try to incorporate tank terms into everyday conversation
Problems, impacts & bad effects of world of tanks: should you quit?
What are some benefits of world of tanks
Pros of World of Tanks:
- 1. Fun and Challenging Gameplay: World of Tanks offers an exciting and challenging experience for players of all skill levels. The game features various types of tanks to choose from, with each tank offering unique characteristics and playstyles. This allows for a great deal of variety and replayability.
- 2. Intuitive Controls: World of Tanks allows for a smooth and intuitive control scheme that makes it easy to learn and master the game. The controls are straightforward and intuitive, allowing for a great deal of flexibility when it comes to customizing your experience.
- 3. Social Aspect: World of Tanks offers a great social experience, allowing players to form clans, join tournaments, and communicate in-game. This encourages teamwork and cooperation as players battle it out against each other.
- 4. Variety of Maps: World of Tanks features a wide variety of maps, each offering unique features and objectives. This allows for a great deal of variety and strategic play, as players must choose their tactics based on the specific map they are playing on.
- 5. Competitive Environment: World of Tanks offers a highly competitive environment, with players from all over the world battling it out to be the best. This encourages players to stay on their toes and continually strive for improvement.
But at the opposite, what can be some world of tanks addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
The World of Tanks can have a variety of effects on your health, both positive and negative. On the positive side, the game can provide a form of mental stimulation, allowing you to exercise your brain and problem-solving skills. It can also provide a sense of social connection, as you interact with other players.
On the negative side, the game can be quite addictive and lead to long periods of time spent in front of the computer, which can be detrimental to physical health. It can also have a detrimental effect on mental health, as it can lead to feelings of isolation and lack of social contact. The game can also be quite violent, which can have a negative effect on some players.
world of tanks and sleep disorder
There is no direct evidence to suggest that playing World of Tanks can cause sleep disorders or sleep problems. However, any activity that keeps a person awake for an extended period can potentially affect their sleep quality. Playing video games late at night can disrupt a person’s sleep-wake cycle, leading to difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep, or waking up feeling refreshed.
Additionally, the bright screens of electronic devices can suppress the production of melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep, and make it harder to fall asleep. It is recommended to avoid playing video games or using electronic devices for at least an hour before bedtime to improve sleep quality.
world of tanks affecting your brain & mental health: bad for brain and mental health?
Some effects of world of tanks on your brain
1. Increased Stress Levels: Playing World of Tanks can be a very competitive and intense game, and it can be very stressful trying to manage and control your tank. This can lead to increased stress levels, which can have a negative impact on your mental health.
2. Aggression and Impatience: The fast-paced nature of the game can lead to frustration and aggression. This can lead to a decrease in patience and an increase in aggressive behavior, which can have a negative impact on your relationships with others.
3. Poor Concentration: Playing World of Tanks can be very distracting and it can be difficult to concentrate on other tasks. This can lead to a decrease in productivity and a decrease in focus, which can have a negative impact on your work or school performance.
Some effects of world of tanks on your mental health
- 1. Addiction: World of Tanks can be an incredibly addictive game, and it can be difficult to break away from it. Overuse can lead to mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, and even PTSD.
- 2. Isolation: World of Tanks encourages people to play solo, which can lead to feelings of loneliness and isolation.
- 3. Stress: World of Tanks can be a highly competitive game, and the pressure to succeed can lead to increased levels of stress.
- 4. Aggression: The game encourages aggressive behavior, which can lead to increased levels of aggression in real life.
- 5. Sleep Deprivation: Spending too much time playing World of Tanks can lead to decreased quality of sleep, which can have a negative impact on mental health.
Does world of tanks cause stress and anxiety?
Yes, World of Tanks can cause stress or anxiety in some players. This can be due to a variety of reasons such as the pressure to perform well, the competitive nature of the game, the frustration of losing battles, or even the intense graphics and sound effects. It is important for players to take breaks and practice self-care if they feel overwhelmed or stressed while playing the game.
Can world of tanks addiction lead to sadness and depression?
Yes, addiction to any activity or game can lead to feelings of sadness and depression. In the case of World of Tanks, it is possible that a person may become so immersed in the game that they neglect other aspects of their life such as social relationships, work or school responsibilities, and physical health. This can lead to a sense of isolation, lack of fulfillment, and overall negative emotions.
Additionally, the constant pressure to perform well in the game can cause stress and anxiety, which can also contribute to feelings of sadness and depression. It is important for individuals to maintain a healthy balance in their lives and seek help if they feel their gaming habits are negatively impacting their mental health.
Dopamine and world of tanks
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that plays a crucial role in the reward system of the brain. It is released by the brain when we experience pleasure, excitement, or satisfaction. World of Tanks is a popular online multiplayer game that involves strategy, teamwork, and skill. The game offers a sense of achievement and reward, which triggers the release of dopamine in the brain. Winning battles, unlocking new tanks, and advancing through different levels can give players a sense of accomplishment and pleasure, which can lead to addiction and overplaying. The combination of dopamine release and the engaging gameplay of World of Tanks can create a powerful addiction that can be difficult to break.
world of tanks effects on Focus, productivity, attention span, academic performance…
World of Tanks is a video game that can potentially affect focus, productivity, attention span, and academic performance, depending on the amount of time spent playing and the individual’s ability to balance gaming with other important activities.
Excessive gaming can lead to a lack of focus and productivity as it takes up a significant amount of time that could be spent on other activities such as work, studying, or socializing. It can also have a negative impact on attention span, as gaming often involves constant stimulation and can lead to a shorter attention span outside of the game.
As for academic performance, excessive gaming can lead to a lack of motivation to study or complete assignments, resulting in lower grades. However, moderate gaming can actually have some benefits such as increasing problem-solving skills, hand-eye coordination, and teamwork skills.
Overall, it’s important to find a balance between gaming and other important activities to ensure that it doesn’t have a negative impact on focus, productivity, attention span, and academic performance.
A word about ADHD and world of tanks
There is no definitive answer to this question because every person with ADHD is unique, and their experiences with World of Tanks (WoT) may differ depending on their individual symptoms and coping strategies. However, some people with ADHD may find WoT to be an engaging and stimulating game that helps them focus their attention and improve their reflexes.
On the other hand, some people with ADHD may struggle with the complexity and fast-paced nature of WoT, leading to frustration and difficulty with staying on task. They may also find it challenging to manage their impulsivity and regulate their emotions during intense gameplay.
Overall, the impact of ADHD on a person’s interactions with WoT will depend on various factors, including their individual symptoms, coping strategies, and overall gaming experience. It’s important to remember that ADHD is a neurological condition that affects each person differently, and there is no one-size-fits-all approach to managing its symptoms.
affecting your relationships
world of tanks and self-esteem
World of Tanks can have both positive and negative effects on self-esteem. On one hand, achieving success in the game, such as winning battles and earning high ranks, can boost self-esteem and provide a sense of accomplishment. It can also provide a sense of belonging and social support through online communities and team play.
On the other hand, experiencing failure in the game, such as losing battles or being criticized by other players, can negatively impact self-esteem and lead to feelings of inadequacy or low self-worth. In some cases, players may become addicted to the game and prioritize it over other aspects of their life, leading to negative consequences and further damage to self-esteem.
Overall, the impact of World of Tanks on self-esteem depends on the individual’s relationship with the game and their ability to balance it with other aspects of their life. It is important to maintain a healthy perspective and prioritize self-care and personal growth outside of the game.
world of tanks addiction leads to isolation and loneliness?
Yes, excessive gameplay of World of Tanks or any other video game can lead to isolation and loneliness. This is because the individual may prioritize the game over social interactions with friends and family. They may also spend long hours playing the game, which can lead to a lack of sleep and neglect of other responsibilities. Furthermore, if the individual becomes too engrossed in the game, they may lose interest in other hobbies and activities, reducing their opportunities for socialization and increasing their feelings of loneliness. It is important to balance gaming with other activities and maintain social connections to prevent isolation and loneliness.
Effects of world of tanks on your relationship
As per general observations, here are some possible positive and negative effects of playing World of Tanks on a relationship:
- 1. Shared interest: If both partners enjoy playing World of Tanks, it can be a shared interest that brings them closer together and strengthens their bond.
- 2. Teamwork: Playing World of Tanks requires cooperation and teamwork, which can enhance communication skills and foster a sense of teamwork in the relationship.
- 3. Stress relief: Playing video games can be a stress-relieving activity that can help partners unwind and relax together.
- 4. Learning: World of Tanks can teach players about history, strategy, and tactics, which can be an enriching experience for both partners.
- 1. Time spent: Playing World of Tanks can be time-consuming, and if one partner spends too much time playing the game, it can strain the relationship and lead to neglect of other important activities.
- 2. Addiction: Video game addiction is a real concern, and if one partner becomes addicted to World of Tanks, it can cause problems in the relationship.
- 3. Conflict: Playing World of Tanks can sometimes lead to conflicts and arguments, especially if one partner is more skilled or competitive than the other.
- 4. Isolation: If one partner becomes too engrossed in playing World of Tanks, it can lead to isolation from the other partner and decrease the quality of their relationship.
How To Stop & quit Your world of tanks Addiction
Finally you think you are addicted to world of tanks and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for world of tanks?
Here are the best solutions, steps, supports, resources and help you can get to treat your world of tanks addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the world of tanks addiction
- 1. Identify the triggers: Recognize what situations or activities lead you to play World of Tanks. Once you identify these triggers, you can develop strategies for avoiding them.
- 2. Set realistic goals: Set achievable goals for yourself, such as cutting back on the amount of time you spend playing World of Tanks.
- 3. Track your progress: Monitor how much time you spend playing World of Tanks and how well you are doing in meeting your goals.
- 4. Find an alternative activity: Find something else to do when you feel the urge to play World of Tanks, such as reading, exercising, or socializing with friends.
- 5. Seek support: Talk to someone who can help you with your World of Tanks addiction, such as a family member, friend, or therapist.
- 6. Reward yourself: Celebrate your progress by rewarding yourself when you meet your goals.
Actually, that’s what most documentation out there is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including world of tanks:
1. Purge temptations: Get rid of world of tanks
First, cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your world of tanks accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up: