Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions toFortnite,Facebook,Instagram,porn,Netflix, Youtube,Tinder… Findall the posts about digital addiction. Today, let’s talk about how to quit the war thunder addiction.
- What’s the war thunder addiction?
- Addiction to war thunder, a “real” addiction?
- What’s considered war thunder addiction
- How much war thunder is too much?
- Some video games addiction facts & statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the war thunder addiction
- Why is war thunder so addictive?
- Possible causes of war thunder dependency
- Symptoms, Causes and Signs of war thunder addiction
- Problems, impacts & bad effects of war thunder
- Some benefits of war thunder
- health problems
- impact on brain & mental health
- impact on relationships
- How to stop & quit your war thunder addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the war thunder addiction
- Best war thunder blocker apps & functionalities
- where to seek extra help?
- To Go Further
- How to help someone with war thunder addiction
- Best books about video games addiction
- Research about video games addiction
What is the war thunder addiction?
About war thunder
War Thunder is an online multi-player combat game that pits players in realistic battles against each other in the air, on land and at sea. Players fly planes, drive tanks and command ships to fight for victory.
Addiction to war thunder, a “real” addiction?
Officially an addiction?
First, let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes war thunder addiction?
No, war thunder addiction is not officially listed in the DSM-5. The DSM-5 is the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, and it does not list any specific forms of addiction.
So what means “war thunder addiction”?
War Thunder addiction is a psychological disorder characterized by an intense obsession with playing the online game War Thunder. The disorder is typically characterized by an excessive need to play the game, an inability to stop playing, and a preoccupation with the game’s content and activities. Other symptoms may include neglecting real-life responsibilities, online arguments, and a general lack of interest in other activities.
What is considered war thunder addiction?
- 1. Increased preoccupation with War Thunder, such as spending a significant amount of time playing it or thinking about it.
- 2. A decrease in other activities such as work, school, or socialization due to playing War Thunder.
- 3. An inability to control or limit the amount of time spent playing War Thunder.
- 4. Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not playing War Thunder.
- 5. Feeling irritable when not playing War Thunder.
- 6. Using War Thunder to escape from stressful life situations.
- 7. Continuing to play War Thunder despite negative consequences.
- 8. Requiring more time or money in order to achieve the same level of satisfaction while playing War Thunder.
How much war thunder is too much?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the individual. Generally speaking, it is recommended to take breaks from gaming regularly to ensure that it does not become detrimental to your physical or mental health.
Some video games addiction facts & statistics
Video game addiction, also known as gaming disorder, is a relatively new phenomenon and the statistics vary depending on the source and definition of addiction. Here are some statistics related to video game addiction:
1. According to a survey conducted by the Entertainment Software Association, 65% of American adults play video games, and the average age of a video gamer is 35 years old.
2. According to a study published in the Journal of Adolescent Health, approximately 8.5% of adolescents in the United States meet the criteria for video game addiction.
3. The World Health Organization (WHO) included gaming disorder as a diagnosable conditionin the 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11.. The WHO estimates that gaming disorder affects 3-4% of gamers.
4. According to a study published in the Journal of Medical Internet Research, gamers who play for more than 40 hours per week are more likely to report depression, anxiety, and lower overall life satisfaction.
5. A study conducted by the University of Oxford found that playing video games for less than an hour per day was associated with higher levels of well-being, while those who played for more than three hours per day had lower levels of well-being.
It is important to note that not all video game usage is considered addiction, and many people are able to enjoy video games in a healthy and balanced way.
Is the war thunder addiction widespread?
Like any other video game, War Thunder can be addictive, and some players may struggle with compulsive gaming behaviors. It is essential to maintain a healthy balance between gaming and other aspects of life to avoid addiction.
Symptoms, Causes and Signs of war thunder addiction
Why is war thunder so addictive?
War Thunder is an incredibly immersive and engaging game that offers a variety of different game modes, a huge selection of vehicles, and a wide range of customisation options. This combination of features encourages players to invest time and energy into their profiles in order to earn rewards and improve their skills. The game also features an exciting and rewarding competitive element, which keeps players coming back for more.
Possible causes of war thunder dependency
- 1. Accessibility: War Thunder is an online game that is easily accessible to anyone with an internet connection. This makes it easy for players to start playing and become addicted.
- 2. Reward System: The game has a reward system that rewards players for completing tasks and playing more. This encourages players to keep playing and can become an addiction.
- 3. Social Aspect: War Thunder is a game played with other people. This gives players a sense of community and belonging, which can lead to addiction.
- 4. Variety of Content: War Thunder offers a variety of content for its players. This keeps players engaged and can lead to addiction.
- 5. Stress Relief: War Thunder can be a great way to destress and relax. This can lead to overuse and addiction.
Signs & Symptoms of war thunder addiction
Now let’s see if you have the war thunder addiction problem.
- 1. You find yourself playing War Thunder for hours every day.
- 2. You leave War Thunder running even when you’re not actively playing.
- 3. You can easily identify all the different aircraft in the game.
- 4. You have memorized all the controls and can perform them without having to look at the keybindings.
- 5. You’ve watched War Thunder tutorial videos and have tried to implement the tips and tricks you’ve learned.
- 6. You’ve started to notice the differences between real-world aircraft and those in the game.
- 7. You find yourself dreaming about flying in the game.
Problems, impacts & bad effects of war thunder: should you quit?
What are some benefits of war thunder
- 1. War Thunder offers a wide variety of gameplay options, including air, land, and naval combat, allowing for a diverse gaming experience.
- 2. The game is regularly updated with new content, making it an ever-evolving experience.
- 3. War Thunder is highly customizable, allowing players to customize their aircraft, tanks, and ships to their personal preferences.
- 4. The game offers a historically accurate simulation of battles from World War II, making for an immersive and realistic experience.
- 5. The game allows players to join squadrons and battle with up to 16 players, making for an intense and competitive environment.
- 6. War Thunder has an easy-to-use interface, allowing even beginners to quickly learn how to play the game.
- 7. The game has a vibrant community of players, making it easy to find friends to play with.
- 8. War Thunder has a wide range of game modes, such as historical battles, events, and tournaments, giving players plenty of options when it comes to how to play the game.
Why is War Thunder so great?
War Thunder is an incredibly immersive and enjoyable game which offers a wide variety of gameplay options and customization options. The game is regularly updated with new content, allowing for an ever-evolving experience. The historically accurate simulation of battles from World War II, makes for an incredibly immersive and realistic experience. War Thunder also offers players the opportunity to join squadrons, battle with up to 16 players, and participate in a range of game modes, making for an intense and competitive environment. Finally, War Thunder has an easy-to-use interface, a vibrant community of players, and a wide range of game modes, making it an incredibly popular and enjoyable game.But at the opposite, what can be some war thunder addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
War Thunder can have a negative impact on your physical and mental health. Physically, it can cause strain on your eyes, neck and back from long hours of sitting and playing at the computer. It can also cause hand and wrist strain due to repetitive motions.
Additionally, the loud noises and explosions of the game can lead to hearing damage.
Mentally, War Thunder can cause stress, anxiety, and depression. The intense and competitive nature of the game can lead to feelings of frustration and anger, and the virtual violence of war can lead to desensitization to violence. The game can also be an addiction, causing players to focus more on the game than on other activities in their lives.
war thunder and sleep disorder
It is possible that playing video games in general, including War Thunder, can affect sleep patterns if played excessively before bed, as the blue light emitted from screens can disrupt the body’s production of the sleep hormone, melatonin. It is important to maintain a healthy balance between gaming and sleep to prevent any potential negative effects on sleep.
war thunder affecting your brain & mental health: bad for brain and mental health?
Some effects of war thunder on your brain
- 1. Stress: War Thunder can be extremely stressful, as it is a fast-paced and intense game. This can lead to an increase in stress hormones, which can have a negative effect on your brain.
- 2. Anxiety: War Thunder can also lead to heightened levels of anxiety. This can cause your brain to become overly active and can make it difficult to focus.
- 3. Lack of Concentration: If you are constantly engaged in War Thunder, it can be hard to focus on other tasks. This can lead to a lack of concentration and poor memory.
- 4. Poor Sleep Quality: Due to the stimulating nature of War Thunder, it can lead to poor quality of sleep. This can further impair your brain’s ability to function properly.
Some effects of war thunder on your mental health
- 1. Anxiety: War Thunder can create a lot of tension and stress, which can increase anxiety levels.
- 2. Depression: The constant violence and destruction associated with War Thunder can lead to depression, as players may feel overwhelmed and hopeless.
- 3. Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): War Thunder can trigger traumatic memories and experiences, leading to PTSD.
- 4. Anger Management Issues: War Thunder can lead to anger and frustration, which can have a negative impact on mental health.
- 5. Social Isolation: War Thunder can lead to social isolation as players may be too focused on the game to engage in meaningful relationships with others.
Does war thunder cause stress and anxiety?
It is possible that playing War Thunder, like any other competitive or challenging video game, can cause stress or anxiety in some individuals. The fast-paced, high-pressure nature of the game, coupled with the potential for losing or failing, can lead to feelings of frustration, tension, and anxiety for some players. It is important for players to recognize their emotional and mental states while playing and take breaks or seek support if necessary.
Can war thunder addiction lead to sadness and depression?
Yes, it is possible for an addiction to War Thunder or any other video game to lead to sadness and depression. When someone becomes addicted to a game, they may spend excessive amounts of time playing it, neglecting other important aspects of their life such as work, relationships, and self-care. This can lead to feelings of isolation, low self-esteem, and a lack of fulfillment in other areas of life.
Additionally, if the addiction to the game interferes with sleep, it can also contribute to feelings of fatigue and sadness. It is important for individuals to monitor their video game use and seek help if they feel that it is negatively impacting their mental health.
Dopamine and war thunder
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that plays a key role in the brain’s reward system. It is released when we experience something pleasurable or rewarding, such as winning a game or achieving a goal. War Thunder is a popular online multiplayer game that involves military aviation, ground vehicles, and naval forces. The game is designed to provide players with a sense of accomplishment and reward, which can trigger the release of dopamine in the brain. This can lead to a feeling of satisfaction and enjoyment, which can encourage players to continue playing the game. However, excessive gaming or addiction can lead to negative effects on mental health and well-being.
war thunder effects on Focus, productivity, attention span, academic performance…
Yes, playing War Thunder can potentially affect focus, productivity, attention span, and academic performance, particularly if it is played for long periods of time or during times when one should be studying or completing other important tasks.
Excessive gaming can lead to a lack of sleep, which can result in decreased focus and productivity. It can also lead to a decrease in academic performance if one spends more time playing games than studying or completing coursework.
Additionally, the fast-paced and intense nature of War Thunder can lead to increased levels of stress, which can also impact focus and productivity. It is important to balance gaming with other activities and responsibilities to maintain a healthy lifestyle and academic performance.
A word about ADHD and war thunder
It is possible that people with ADHD may interact differently with War Thunder compared to those without ADHD. ADHD is a neurological disorder that can affect a person’s ability to concentrate, stay organized, and manage their time effectively. This may impact their performance in the game, as they may struggle to stay focused on the game for extended periods of time or become easily distracted by other stimuli.
On the other hand, some people with ADHD may find the fast-paced action and constant stimulation of War Thunder to be engaging and enjoyable, as it can provide a sense of excitement and adrenaline. They may also excel at multi-tasking and quickly adapting to changing situations, which could be an advantage in the game.
It is important to note that ADHD affects each person differently, and not all individuals with ADHD will have the same experience with War Thunder or any other video game.
affecting your relationships
war thunder and self-esteem
War Thunder can potentially affect a person’s self-esteem in several ways:
- 1. Winning or losing can affect a player’s self-esteem. Winning can boost confidence and self-worth, while losing can lead to feelings of disappointment, frustration, and inadequacy.
- 2. Comparing oneself to other players can also affect self-esteem. If a player feels like they are not performing as well as others, it can lead to a decrease in self-esteem.
- 3. The level of mastery a player has over the game can affect their self-esteem. If a player feels like they are not improving or can’t keep up with the game’s demands, it can lead to a decrease in self-esteem.
- 4. The social aspect of the game can also impact self-esteem. If a player feels excluded or rejected by their team or community, it can lead to a decrease in self-esteem.
Overall, War Thunder’s impact on self-esteem will depend on the player’s individual experience and how they perceive their performance and interactions within the game.
war thunder addiction leads to isolation and loneliness?
Yes, it is possible for War Thunder addiction to lead to isolation and loneliness. When someone becomes addicted to playing War Thunder, they may spend long hours playing the game, which can lead to neglecting other aspects of their life, such as work, school, family, and friends. As a result, they may withdraw from social activities and become isolated, leading to feelings of loneliness. It is essential to maintain a balance between playing video games and other aspects of life to prevent addiction and its negative consequences.
Effects of war thunder on your relationship
– Shared interest: If both partners enjoy playing War Thunder, it can create a shared interest that they can enjoy together. This can create a sense of bonding and strengthen their relationship.
– Teamwork: Playing together can help improve teamwork skills, communication, and trust between partners, which can be beneficial for their relationship.
– Stress relief: Playing War Thunder can be a way of relieving stress and tension, which can improve the overall mood and reduce conflicts between partners.
– Time-consuming: Playing War Thunder can be time-consuming, and if one partner spends a lot of time playing, it can lead to neglecting the relationship.
– Addiction: If one partner becomes addicted to playing War Thunder, it can lead to neglecting other responsibilities and relationships, which can create conflicts with their partner.
– Competitive nature: Playing War Thunder can be competitive, and if one partner is overly competitive, it can create tension and conflicts within the relationship.
How To Stop & quit Your war thunder Addiction
Finally you think you are addicted to war thunder and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for war thunder?
Here are the best solutions, steps, supports, resources and help you can get to treat your war thunder addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the war thunder addiction
- 1. Acknowledge your addiction: Recognize that you have a problem and that it is affecting your life in a negative way.
- 2. Set goals: Set goals for yourself to reduce and eventually eliminate your war thunder addiction.
- 3. Identify triggers: Identify the triggers that lead to your war thunder addiction.
- 4. Develop a plan: Develop a plan to address the triggers and reduce your gaming time.
- 5. Find alternatives: Find alternative activities to replace the time you used to spend playing war thunder.
- 6. Seek help: Seek professional help if needed.
- 7. Stay focused: Stay focused on your goals and continue to work on eliminating your war thunder addiction.
Actually, that’s what most documentation out there is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including war thunder:
1. Purge temptations: Get rid of war thunder
First, cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your war thunder accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up: