Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions toFortnite,Facebook,Instagram,porn,Netflix, Youtube,Tinder… Findall the posts about digital addiction. Today, let’s talk about how to quit the rocket league addiction.
- What’s the rocket league addiction?
- Addiction to rocket league, a “real” addiction?
- What’s considered rocket league addiction
- How much rocket league is too much?
- Some video games addiction facts & statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the rocket league addiction
- Why is rocket league so addictive?
- Possible causes of rocket league dependency
- Symptoms, Causes and Signs of rocket league addiction
- Problems, impacts & bad effects of rocket league
- Some benefits of rocket league
- health problems
- impact on brain & mental health
- impact on relationships
- How to stop & quit your rocket league addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the rocket league addiction
- Best rocket league blocker apps & functionalities
- where to seek extra help?
- To Go Further
- How to help someone with rocket league addiction
- Best books about video games addiction
- Research about video games addiction
What is the rocket league addiction?
About rocket league
Rocket League is a soccer-like video game where players drive customizable rocket-powered cars to hit a giant ball into their opponents’ goal.
Addiction to rocket league, a “real” addiction?
Officially an addiction?
First, let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes rocket league addiction?
No, rocket league addiction is not listed in the DSM-5.
So what means “rocket league addiction”?
Rocket League Addiction is a condition where a person cannot stop playing the video game Rocket League. Symptoms of this condition include excessive playing, difficulty concentrating on other activities, and difficulty controlling the urge to play. In extreme cases, it can affect a person’s physical and mental health.
What is considered rocket league addiction?
- 1. Spending most of your free time playing Rocket League.
- 2. Experiencing a strong compulsion to play the game.
- 3. Becoming irritable when you are unable to play.
- 4. Preferring to play Rocket League to socializing with friends and family.
- 5. Neglecting personal hygiene, sleep, and other activities in favor of playing.
- 6. Feeling guilty and ashamed of the amount of time spent playing.
- 7. Developing a tolerance, needing more and more time playing to feel satisfied.
- 8. Unsuccessfully attempting to reduce or stop playing, despite your best efforts.
How much rocket league is too much?
This is subjective and depends on the individual. Some people may be able to play for hours without feeling like it is too much, while others may feel overwhelmed after only a few minutes. Ultimately, it is important to practice moderation and listen to your body when determining how much time is too much.
Some video games addiction facts & statistics
Video game addiction, also known as gaming disorder, is a relatively new phenomenon and the statistics vary depending on the source and definition of addiction. Here are some statistics related to video game addiction:
1. According to a survey conducted by the Entertainment Software Association, 65% of American adults play video games, and the average age of a video gamer is 35 years old.
2. According to a study published in the Journal of Adolescent Health, approximately 8.5% of adolescents in the United States meet the criteria for video game addiction.
3. The World Health Organization (WHO) included gaming disorder as a diagnosable conditionin the 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11.. The WHO estimates that gaming disorder affects 3-4% of gamers.
4. According to a study published in the Journal of Medical Internet Research, gamers who play for more than 40 hours per week are more likely to report depression, anxiety, and lower overall life satisfaction.
5. A study conducted by the University of Oxford found that playing video games for less than an hour per day was associated with higher levels of well-being, while those who played for more than three hours per day had lower levels of well-being.
It is important to note that not all video game usage is considered addiction, and many people are able to enjoy video games in a healthy and balanced way.
Is the rocket league addiction widespread?
It is difficult to determine the exact number of people who are addicted to Rocket League, as addiction is a complex issue and can vary from person to person. However, Rocket League has a large and dedicated player base, with millions of active players worldwide. Some players may struggle with addiction to the game, as it can be highly engaging and rewarding. It is important for individuals to monitor their gaming habits and seek help if they feel they are losing control.
Symptoms, Causes and Signs of rocket league addiction
Why is rocket league so addictive?
Rocket League is an incredibly addictive game due to its simple and easy to learn controls, its highly competitive nature, and its rewarding and satisfying gameplay. The game has a wide range of customization options, allowing players to customize their cars to suit their own play style.
Additionally, the game is constantly updated with new content, which keeps players coming back for more. The game also has a vibrant online community, which adds to its addictiveness. Finally, Rocket League offers an intense and fast-paced experience that’s both satisfying and enjoyable.
Possible causes of rocket league dependency
- 1. Fun and Challenging Gameplay: The combination of a fast-paced and highly competitive game, along with the ability to customize vehicles and play with friends, makes Rocket League a highly addictive game.
- 2. Rewards System: The rewards system in Rocket League encourages players to keep playing, as they are rewarded with in-game items and currency for completing challenges and winning matches.
- 3. Competitive Aspect: The competitive nature of Rocket League, as well as its leaderboards, encourages players to keep playing to achieve higher rankings and unlock better rewards.
- 4. Social Element: The game’s social element encourages players to stay connected with friends and compete against them, which can lead to a strong sense of competition and camaraderie.
- 5. Availability: Rocket League is available on nearly all major gaming platforms, making it easy for players to access and play at any time.
Signs & Symptoms of rocket league addiction
Now let’s see if you have the rocket league addiction problem.
- 1. You have memorized all the stats and facts about every car and track.
- 2. You spend hours practicing and perfecting your skills.
- 3. You’re always looking for new strategies to help you win.
- 4. You’ve tried to master every gameplay mode.
- 5. You’re obsessed with customizing and decorating your cars.
- 6. You fill up your free time by playing Rocket League.
- 7. You’re always watching YouTube videos, Twitch streams, and competitive tournaments.
Problems, impacts & bad effects of rocket league: should you quit?
What are some benefits of rocket league
- 1. Fast-paced, intense gameplay – Rocket League’s combination of cars and soccer creates a unique and intense gameplay experience. Players have to think quickly and work together to score goals and outwit their opponents.
- 2. Variety of modes – Rocket League offers many different game modes, from the classic 1v1 to the chaotic Rumble mode. This ensures that players always have something new to try and keeps the game fresh.
- 3. Cross-platform play – With the ability to play on various platforms, Rocket League allows friends from all over the world to compete against each other.
- 4. Physics-based gameplay – Rocket League’s physics-based gameplay makes it more realistic and unpredictable. This adds an extra layer of challenge and makes the game more enjoyable.
- 5. Easy to learn, difficult to master – Rocket League is easy to pick up but takes some time to master. This ensures that new players can jump in, while experienced players can continue to improve and challenge themselves.
- 6. Competitive environment – With ranked play and tournaments, Rocket League has an active competitive scene. This makes it an ideal choice for those looking to take their game to the next level.
Why is Rocket League so great?
Rocket League is great because it offers a unique and intense gameplay experience. The combination of cars and soccer creates a fast-paced and exciting game that is easy to learn but difficult to master. The game also offers a variety of modes and cross-platform play, so friends from all over the world can compete against each other. Finally, Rocket League has an active competitive scene, allowing players to take their game to the next level.But at the opposite, what can be some rocket league addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
- 1. Improves Physical Fitness: Rocket League is an intense game that requires a lot of physical activity. It can help improve hand-eye coordination, flexibility, and overall physical fitness. Players must be able to move quickly, maintain control of their vehicle, and have good reaction time to succeed.
- 2. Enhances Cognitive Function: Rocket League is a fast-paced game that requires players to remember the layout of the map, know their opponents’ strategies, and use strategy of their own to win. This can help improve cognitive skills such as problem-solving, memory, and decision-making.
- 3. Enhances Social Skills: Playing Rocket League with friends can help build social skills. Players must learn to cooperate and communicate to win, and this can help build team-building skills and foster healthy relationships.
- 4. Reduces Stress: Rocket League is a great way to take a break from the stresses of life and immerse yourself in a fun and competitive game. It can help reduce stress levels and provide an outlet for pent-up energy.
- 5. Helps with Anxiety: Since Rocket League is a fast-paced game that requires quick reactions, it can help reduce anxiety by providing a distraction from anxious thoughts. The intense gameplay can also help players focus on the task at hand, which can help alleviate anxious feelings.
rocket league and sleep disorder
There is no direct evidence to suggest that playing Rocket League can cause sleep disorders or sleep problems. However, just like any other exciting or stimulating activity, playing video games can potentially disrupt your sleep if done too close to bedtime.
The blue light emitted by screens can suppress the production of the sleep-inducing hormone melatonin, making it harder to fall asleep.
Additionally, the excitement and mental stimulation from playing Rocket League can make it difficult to wind down and relax before bed, leading to a delay in sleep onset.
It is therefore recommended to limit screen time before bedtime and establish a regular sleep routine to promote healthy sleep habits.
rocket league affecting your brain & mental health: bad for brain and mental health?
Some effects of rocket league on your brain
- 1. Increased Stress Levels: Playing Rocket League can lead to increased levels of stress, especially if the player is playing in a competitive setting. This can lead to anxiety, fatigue, and even depression.
- 2. Diminished Attention Span: The fast-paced nature of Rocket League can cause players to lose focus, leading to a decreased ability to pay attention and concentrate on tasks.
- 3. Repetitive Stress Injury: Prolonged play of Rocket League can lead to repetitive stress injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, due to the intense and repetitive motions.
- 4. Disruptive Sleep Patterns: Many players of Rocket League report experiencing disrupted sleep patterns, due to the intense and stimulating experience. This can lead to a number of health issues, such as fatigue and depression.
Some effects of rocket league on your mental health
- 1. High Levels of Stress: Rocket League can be very competitive and can cause an increase in stress levels. This can lead to a decrease in overall mental health as stress can have a negative impact on overall mental health.
- 2. Loss of Sleep: Staying up late playing Rocket League can lead to a lack of sleep, which can have a negative effect on your mental health.
- 3. Increased Aggression: The competitive nature of Rocket League can lead to an increase in aggression, which can lead to a decrease in overall mental health.
- 4. Anxiety: As Rocket League can be very competitive, it can lead to a sense of anxiety when playing, which can have a negative effect on mental health.
- 5. Addiction: Rocket League can be very addictive, which can lead to a decrease in overall mental health.
Does rocket league cause stress and anxiety?
Yes, Rocket League can cause stress or anxiety in some individuals, especially when engaging in competitive matches or high-pressure situations. The fast-paced gameplay and emphasis on quick decision-making can lead to feelings of pressure and tension, and losing matches or making mistakes can be frustrating and demotivating.
Additionally, playing for extended periods without taking breaks or engaging in self-care practices can contribute to increased stress levels. It is important to prioritize mental health and take breaks as needed while playing Rocket League or any other video game.
Can rocket league addiction lead to sadness and depression?
Yes, it is possible for addiction to any activity, including Rocket League, to lead to sadness and depression. Addiction to Rocket League can lead to neglecting other important aspects of life such as work, family, and social relationships, which can lead to feelings of isolation, low self-esteem, and sadness.
Additionally, addiction can also lead to physical health problems such as lack of exercise and poor nutrition, which can further contribute to feelings of depression. It is important to seek help and support if you or someone you know is struggling with addiction and its effects on mental health.
Dopamine and rocket league
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that is associated with pleasure and reward. Playing Rocket League, a popular video game that involves soccer-playing cars, can trigger the release of dopamine in the brain. This is because the game provides a sense of accomplishment and excitement when players score goals or win matches. The anticipation of earning rewards or achieving higher ranks in the game can also stimulate dopamine release. In this way, the combination of dopamine and Rocket League can create a positive feedback loop that keeps players coming back for more. However, excessive dopamine release and addiction to video games can have negative consequences, such as reduced motivation and social isolation.
rocket league effects on Focus, productivity, attention span, academic performance…
Playing Rocket League may affect focus, productivity, attention span, and academic performance in different ways. Here are some possible effects:
1. Positive effects on focus and attention: Rocket League requires players to pay attention to multiple things at once, such as the ball, other players, boost pads, and potential threats. This can help improve players’ ability to focus and multitask, which may transfer to other areas of their life.
2. Negative effects on productivity: Playing Rocket League can be addictive, and some players may find themselves spending more time playing the game than they intended. This can lead to a decrease in productivity and time management skills, as well as neglecting other important tasks, such as work or school assignments.
3. Mixed effects on academic performance: Playing Rocket League may affect academic performance depending on how much time and energy players devote to the game. If players prioritize their studies and use Rocket League as a form of relaxation and stress relief, it may have little impact on their academic performance. However, if players neglect their studies or stay up late playing the game, it may lead to poorer academic performance.
Overall, the impact of Rocket League on focus, productivity, attention span, and academic performance will depend on various factors, such as how much time and energy players devote to the game, their priorities and goals, and their individual strengths and weaknesses.
A word about ADHD and rocket league
It is possible that people with ADHD may interact differently with Rocket League due to their symptoms, which can include impulsivity, hyperactivity, and difficulty with attention and focus.
For example, they may be more likely to take risks and make impulsive decisions during gameplay, which can either lead to success or failure. They may also struggle with maintaining sustained attention, which can affect their ability to track the ball and stay focused on the game for extended periods of time.
However, it is important to note that ADHD affects individuals differently, and some people with ADHD may not experience any significant differences in their interaction with Rocket League compared to those without ADHD. Ultimately, the way a person with ADHD interacts with Rocket League will depend on their individual symptoms and how they manage them while playing.
affecting your relationships
rocket league and self-esteem
Rocket League is a competitive video game that requires players to work together as a team to score goals and win matches. As players improve their skills and move up in the rankings, they may experience a boost in self-esteem. Winning can feel rewarding and validating, and players may feel a sense of accomplishment when they are able to contribute to their team’s success.
However, losing can also have a negative impact on self-esteem. When players are defeated, they may feel frustrated, angry, or disappointed in themselves. This can lead to a decrease in self-confidence and a feeling of inadequacy.
Additionally, toxic behavior from other players, such as name-calling or bullying, can further damage a player’s self-esteem.
Overall, Rocket League can have both positive and negative effects on self-esteem, depending on a player’s individual experiences and mindset. It is important for players to remember that the game is just a game and not to take losses or negative interactions with other players too personally.
rocket league addiction leads to isolation and loneliness?
Yes, it is possible that addiction to Rocket League or any other video game can lead to isolation and loneliness. This is because excessive gaming can lead to a person spending more time playing the game and less time engaging in social activities or interacting with friends and family. As a result, the person may feel disconnected from the people around them and may struggle to develop or maintain meaningful relationships.
Additionally, gaming addiction can also lead to other negative consequences such as poor academic or work performance, disrupted sleep patterns, and neglect of personal hygiene or health.
Effects of rocket league on your relationship
- 1. Improved communication: Rocket League requires teamwork and communication, which can improve communication skills between partners.
- 2. Shared hobby: Playing Rocket League together can be a bonding experience and strengthen the connection between partners.
- 3. Stress relief: Playing games can be a stress reliever, which can help partners relax and enjoy spending time together.
- 4. Fun activity: Rocket League is a fun and engaging activity that can bring joy and laughter to a relationship.
- 1. Time consumption: Playing Rocket League for extended periods of time can take away from quality time with a partner.
- 2. Competitive stress: If one partner takes the game more seriously than the other, it can cause stress and tension in the relationship.
- 3. Neglect of responsibilities: Playing Rocket League too much can lead to neglecting responsibilities, causing strain on the relationship.
- 4. Disagreements: Disagreements over gameplay or strategy can lead to arguments and conflict in the relationship.
How To Stop & quit Your rocket league Addiction
Finally you think you are addicted to rocket league and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for rocket league?
Here are the best solutions, steps, supports, resources and help you can get to treat your rocket league addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the rocket league addiction
- 1. Identify your triggers: Recognize the situations that lead you to play Rocket League. Do you play when you’re bored, when you’re feeling down, or when it’s the only thing on? Knowing what triggers your Rocket League playing can help you find healthier activities to replace it.
- 2. Set limits: Set a time limit for playing Rocket League and stick to it. You can also limit yourself to only playing during certain times of day or certain days of the week.
- 3. Find an alternative: Find an activity that can replace your Rocket League playing. It doesn’t have to be something that takes up a lot of time, like a new hobby. It can be something as simple as reading a book or going for a walk.
- 4. Join a support group: Surround yourself with people who understand your struggles and can offer support. You can find online support groups specifically for people dealing with Rocket League addiction.
- 5. Seek professional help: If you’re still struggling to break your addiction, don’t be afraid to seek professional help. A therapist can help you figure out the underlying causes of your addiction and develop coping strategies.
Actually, that’s what most documentation out there is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including rocket league:
1. Purge temptations: Get rid of rocket league
First, cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your rocket league accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up: