Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions toFortnite,Facebook,Instagram,porn,Netflix, Youtube,Tinder… Findall the posts about digital addiction. Today, let’s talk about how to quit the resident evil addiction.
- What’s the resident evil addiction?
- Addiction to resident evil, a “real” addiction?
- What’s considered resident evil addiction
- How much resident evil is too much?
- Some video games addiction facts & statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the resident evil addiction
- Why is resident evil so addictive?
- Possible causes of resident evil dependency
- Symptoms, Causes and Signs of resident evil addiction
- Problems, impacts & bad effects of resident evil
- Some benefits of resident evil
- health problems
- impact on brain & mental health
- impact on relationships
- How to stop & quit your resident evil addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the resident evil addiction
- Best resident evil blocker apps & functionalities
- where to seek extra help?
- To Go Further
- How to help someone with resident evil addiction
- Best books about video games addiction
- Research about video games addiction
What is the resident evil addiction?
About resident evil
Resident Evil is a horror video game series featuring zombie-like creatures, action-adventure elements, and an overarching story involving a deadly virus.
Addiction to resident evil, a “real” addiction?
Officially an addiction?
First, let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes resident evil addiction?
No, Resident Evil addiction is not listed in the DSM-5. The DSM-5 is the fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, and it does not include gaming addiction as a mental disorder.
So what means “resident evil addiction”?
Resident Evil Addiction is a term used to describe the fanatical devotion of some gamers to the Resident Evil video game series. The series, created and developed by Japanese company Capcom, has become one of the most successful and popular franchises in the history of gaming. The term is often used in a joking manner to describe the intense enthusiasm of some fans for the series.
What is considered resident evil addiction?
- 1. Excessive playing of the game, including playing for prolonged periods of time.
- 2. Preoccupation with the game, and thinking about it when not playing.
- 3. Difficulty stopping playing the game, and feeling compelled to play it.
- 4. Feeling irritable and restless when not playing.
- 5. Neglecting personal and/or professional responsibilities in order to play the game.
- 6. Spending large amounts of money on game-related items.
- 7. Lying about or hiding the amount of time spent playing.
- 8. Becoming defensive and agitated when confronted about the game.
- 9. Isolating from family and friends in order to play the game.
- 10. Experiencing withdrawal symptoms such as depression, anxiety, and sleep disturbances when not playing.
How much resident evil is too much?
There is no exact answer to this question as it depends on the individual and how much they enjoy playing Resident Evil. Some people may spend hours playing Resident Evil, while others may only play for a few minutes at a time. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide how much time spent on Resident Evil is too much.
Some video games addiction facts & statistics
Video game addiction, also known as gaming disorder, is a relatively new phenomenon and the statistics vary depending on the source and definition of addiction. Here are some statistics related to video game addiction:
1. According to a survey conducted by the Entertainment Software Association, 65% of American adults play video games, and the average age of a video gamer is 35 years old.
2. According to a study published in the Journal of Adolescent Health, approximately 8.5% of adolescents in the United States meet the criteria for video game addiction.
3. The World Health Organization (WHO) included gaming disorder as a diagnosable conditionin the 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11.. The WHO estimates that gaming disorder affects 3-4% of gamers.
4. According to a study published in the Journal of Medical Internet Research, gamers who play for more than 40 hours per week are more likely to report depression, anxiety, and lower overall life satisfaction.
5. A study conducted by the University of Oxford found that playing video games for less than an hour per day was associated with higher levels of well-being, while those who played for more than three hours per day had lower levels of well-being.
It is important to note that not all video game usage is considered addiction, and many people are able to enjoy video games in a healthy and balanced way.
Is the resident evil addiction widespread?
Resident Evil is a popular video game franchise with a large fan base, so it is likely that there are many people who enjoy playing the games and may even become addicted to them. Like any form of entertainment, it is important for individuals to monitor their usage and make sure it does not interfere with their daily lives.
Symptoms, Causes and Signs of resident evil addiction
Why is resident evil so addictive?
Resident Evil is an incredibly popular video game franchise for a variety of reasons. The games have managed to captivate millions of players with their intense, horror-filled atmosphere and intense, action-packed gameplay. The series has also featured some incredibly memorable characters and an intriguing storyline that has kept players coming back for more.
Additionally, the games have been constantly evolving, offering players an ever-changing experience that keeps them engaged and hooked.
Possible causes of resident evil dependency
- 1. The game’s intense story and engaging atmosphere: Resident Evil is an action-packed horror game that draws players in with its intense story, atmosphere, and intense action.
- 2. The game’s intense puzzles and challenges: Resident Evil is well known for its puzzles and challenges that require a great deal of problem-solving and strategizing.
- 3. The game’s replayability: Resident Evil is a game that can be replayed multiple times, allowing players to discover new secrets and complete different objectives.
- 4. The game’s online play: Resident Evil also has an online component that allows players to compete against one another in various multiplayer modes.
- 5. Social media and online fan communities: Many Resident Evil fans have created social media accounts and online fan communities that discuss the game and share their experiences and strategies. This can often lead to increased engagement and addiction.
Signs & Symptoms of resident evil addiction
Now let’s see if you have the resident evil addiction problem.
- 1. You know the plot of every game in the series.
- 2. You can name all the characters in the series.
- 3. You have a collection of Resident Evil merchandise.
- 4. You have watched all the movies and can quote them.
- 5. You always want to know the latest news about the franchise.
- 6. You are familiar with the various weapons and enemies in the games.
- 7. You can’t wait for the next game to come out.
Problems, impacts & bad effects of resident evil: should you quit?
What are some benefits of resident evil
- 1. Resident Evil is an iconic and long-running horror franchise with a dedicated fanbase.
- 2. The games combine horror, action and puzzle-solving elements to create intense and immersive experiences.
- 3. The stories are well written and feature memorable characters and intense moments.
- 4. The games have been widely praised for their visuals, sound design and overall presentation.
- 5. The game often features multiple endings and encourages multiple playthroughs.
Why is Resident Evil so great?
Resident Evil is a beloved franchise that has been around for decades and has been consistently praised for its intense atmosphere, engaging stories, and innovative gameplay. It continues to push boundaries with each new release, offering up frightening new enemies, locations, and puzzles. It also has a deep and rich lore, with a long-running cast of characters and a wide variety of monsters and creatures to fight. This makes it a truly unique experience that keeps fans coming back again and again.But at the opposite, what can be some resident evil addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
The effects of playing Resident Evil on your health can range from minor to serious. Depending on how often you play the game and the amount of time you spend playing, the effects can include:
– Increased stress levels
– Lowered concentration and focus
– Increased aggression
– Sleep disturbances
– Anxiety and depression
– Eye strain
– Nausea and headaches
– Increased heart rate
resident evil and sleep disorder
It is possible for playing Resident Evil, or any other video game, to cause sleep problems or disorders if played close to bedtime. The bright lights, loud noises, and intense action can stimulate the brain and make it difficult to wind down and fall asleep.
Additionally, the content of the game, such as violence or horror themes, can cause nightmares or anxiety that can interfere with sleep. It’s important to limit screen time before bed and engage in relaxing activities to promote restful sleep.
resident evil affecting your brain & mental health: bad for brain and mental health?
Some effects of resident evil on your brain
- 1. Increased Anxiety and Stress: The intense action and horror elements of Resident Evil can increase feelings of anxiety and stress in players. This can lead to difficulty concentrating, fatigue, difficulty sleeping, and difficulty in socializing.
- 2. Desensitization to Violence: Constant exposure to violent content can lead to desensitization, where players become less affected by the violence and gore in the game. This can lead to a decreased sense of empathy and a lack of understanding for the consequences of violent behavior.
- 3. Desensitization to Fear: Constant exposure to horror elements can lead to a desensitization to fear as well. This can lead to a decreased sense of fear in real-life situations and an increased risk-taking behavior.
- 4. Disruption of Cognitive Functions: The intense action, horror elements, and violence of Resident Evil can disrupt cognitive functions, leading to difficulty concentrating, difficulty remembering things, and difficulty problem-solving.
Some effects of resident evil on your mental health
- 1. Increased Anxiety: The intense violence and horror featured in Resident Evil can cause an increase in anxiety levels, especially in those with a pre-existing mental health issue.
- 2. Nightmares: Many people report having nightmares after playing Resident Evil, which can affect your sleep quality and lead to further mental health issues.
- 3. Increased Fear: The fear of death and violence featured in the game can increase your overall fear of the world, and make you more prone to anxiety and panic attacks.
- 4. Desensitization: One of the most serious concerns with Resident Evil is that it desensitizes people to violence and death, which can lead to emotional numbing and difficulty forming relationships.
- 5. Depression: The dark atmosphere of the game can lead to feelings of hopelessness and depression, as well as an inability to focus on tasks or take pleasure in activities.
Does resident evil cause stress and anxiety?
It is possible for the horror themes and intense, violent imagery in Resident Evil to cause stress or anxiety for some individuals, particularly those who are sensitive to horror or gore.
Additionally, the suspenseful and tense gameplay may also contribute to feelings of tension or anxiety. However, it is important to note that everyone’s response to media is different and some individuals may not experience any negative effects while playing Resident Evil.
Can resident evil addiction lead to sadness and depression?
Yes, it is possible for addiction to Resident Evil (or any other video game) to lead to sadness and depression. Addiction to video games can interfere with daily activities, relationships, and responsibilities, leading to feelings of guilt, anxiety, and hopelessness.
Additionally, spending excessive amounts of time playing video games can lead to social isolation, which can also contribute to feelings of sadness and depression. It is important to seek help if you or someone you know is struggling with video game addiction and experiencing negative effects on their mental health.
Dopamine and resident evil
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter in the brain that plays a role in reward-motivated behavior and pleasure. Resident Evil is a popular survival horror video game series that features intense and frightening scenarios where the player must fight off zombies and other monsters.
Research has shown that playing video games can increase dopamine levels in the brain, as the player is rewarded with in-game achievements and progress. In the case of Resident Evil, the game’s intense and thrilling gameplay may also stimulate the release of dopamine.
However, excessive gaming and addiction to video games can lead to dysregulation of dopamine levels and potentially harmful behavior. It is important to maintain a healthy balance and limit excessive gaming to avoid negative consequences.
resident evil effects on Focus, productivity, attention span, academic performance…
There is no concrete evidence to suggest that playing Resident Evil specifically affects focus, productivity, attention span, or academic performance. However, excessive or prolonged gaming in general can lead to negative effects on these aspects of life. It is important to maintain a healthy balance between leisure activities and academic/work responsibilities.
Additionally, some individuals may be more sensitive to the content of Resident Evil and may experience negative effects on their mental health, such as increased anxiety or nightmares. It is important to be aware of one’s own limits and to prioritize self-care.
A word about ADHD and resident evil
Individuals with ADHD may have difficulty sustaining attention and may become easily distracted while playing Resident Evil. They may also have difficulty with impulse control, leading to impulsive or reckless in-game decisions. However, some individuals with ADHD may also thrive on the high-stimulation and fast-paced nature of the game, finding it engaging and exciting. Ultimately, how an individual with ADHD interacts with Resident Evil will depend on their specific symptoms and personal preferences.
affecting your relationships
resident evil and self-esteem
Resident Evil is a survival horror video game franchise that features intense and graphic depictions of violence, horror, and gore. While some players may enjoy the challenge and excitement of the game, others may find it unsettling and distressing. For those who struggle with self-esteem issues, playing Resident Evil may exacerbate negative feelings and emotions.
The game’s violent and disturbing content can trigger anxiety, fear, and feelings of helplessness in some players. These emotions can lead to negative self-talk, self-doubt, and feelings of inadequacy.
Additionally, the game’s emphasis on survival and overcoming difficult challenges can create a sense of pressure to perform well, which can further impact self-esteem.
Furthermore, if a player struggles to complete the game or feels overwhelmed by its content, they may perceive themselves as weak or incompetent. This can damage self-esteem and lead to feelings of shame or embarrassment.
Overall, playing Resident Evil can have a negative impact on self-esteem for those who are particularly sensitive to its violent and horror-filled content. It is important for players to recognize their limits and take breaks as needed to avoid exacerbating negative emotions and self-talk.
resident evil addiction leads to isolation and loneliness?
Yes, addiction to any video game, including Resident Evil, can lead to isolation and loneliness. When someone becomes addicted to a game, they may spend excessive amounts of time playing it, leading to neglect of other important areas of their life such as work, school, and relationships. This can lead to feelings of isolation and loneliness as they withdraw from social interactions and neglect their personal relationships.
Additionally, the intense and immersive nature of video games can make it difficult for individuals to connect with others in real life, exacerbating feelings of loneliness and isolation. It is important for individuals who struggle with video game addiction to seek help and support to address their addiction and improve their overall well-being.
Effects of resident evil on your relationship
– Shared interest: If both partners enjoy playing Resident Evil, it can be a shared interest that brings them closer together and gives them something to bond over.
– Teamwork: Resident Evil can require cooperation and teamwork to complete certain tasks, which can strengthen communication and trust between partners.
– Fun and excitement: Playing Resident Evil together can be a fun and exciting activity that provides a break from the routine of everyday life.
– Conflict: If one partner is more skilled or experienced at playing Resident Evil, it could create feelings of frustration or resentment in the other partner.
– Time-consuming: If one partner spends excessive amounts of time playing Resident Evil, it could lead to feelings of neglect or resentment in the other partner.
– Violence: Resident Evil contains violent and graphic content, which could potentially desensitize or normalize violence in a relationship if not discussed and understood properly.
How To Stop & quit Your resident evil Addiction
Finally you think you are addicted to resident evil and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for resident evil?
Here are the best solutions, steps, supports, resources and help you can get to treat your resident evil addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the resident evil addiction
- 1. Recognize the Problem: The first step in overcoming a Resident Evil addiction is to recognize that you have a problem and that it is affecting your life in a negative way.
- 2. Seek Professional Help: Once you have recognized the problem, it is important to seek professional help. A therapist or other mental health professional can help you understand why you are addicted to Resident Evil and help you create a plan to overcome it.
- 3. Limit Your Exposure: One of the most important steps in overcoming an addiction to Resident Evil is to limit your exposure to the game. This means limiting the amount of time you spend playing it and avoiding activities that might trigger the urge to play.
- 4. Seek Alternatives: Instead of playing Resident Evil, it is important to find other activities that you can enjoy. This can include spending time with friends and family, pursuing hobbies, or engaging in physical activity.
- 5. Stay Positive: It is important to stay positive and focus on the progress you have made in overcoming your addiction. Remember that it is a process and it will take time to fully break free from the addiction.
Actually, that’s what most documentation out there is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including resident evil:
1. Purge temptations: Get rid of resident evil
First, cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your resident evil accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up: