Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addiction to Roblox, all the posts about digital addiction. Today, let’s talk about how to quit the pubg mobile addiction.
- What’s the pubg mobile addiction?
- Addiction to pubg mobile, a “real” addiction?
- What’s considered pubg mobile addiction
- How much pubg mobile is too much?
- Some video games addiction facts & statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the pubg mobile addiction
- Why is pubg mobile so addictive?
- Possible causes of pubg mobile dependency
- Symptoms, Causes and Signs of pubg mobile addiction
- Problems, impacts & bad effects of pubg mobile
- Some benefits of pubg mobile
- health problems
- impact on brain & mental health
- impact on relationships
- How to stop & quit your pubg mobile addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the pubg mobile addiction
- Best pubg mobile blocker apps & functionalities
- where to seek extra help?
- To Go Further
- How to help someone with pubg mobile addiction
- Best books about video games addiction
- Research about video games addiction
What is the pubg mobile addiction?
About pubg mobile
PUBG Mobile is a popular online multiplayer battle royale game where players parachute onto an island and fight to be the last one standing. Players scavenge for weapons, armor, and other supplies while avoiding a shrinking playzone. The game is available on mobile devices.
Addiction to pubg mobile, a “real” addiction?
Officially an addiction?
First, let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes pubg mobile addiction?
No, PUBG mobile addiction is not listed as a specific disorder in the DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition). However, gaming disorder is recognized as a mental health condition in the DSM-5, and it includes excessive gaming behavior that leads to significant impairment in personal, social, academic, or occupational functioning. It is up to mental health professionals to determine if an individual’s gaming behavior meets the criteria for gaming disorder.
So what means “pubg mobile addiction”?
PUBG Mobile addiction is a term used to describe the excessive and compulsive playing of the mobile game PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG). It is when a person spends an excessive amount of time playing the game, often neglecting other important aspects of their life such as work, school, relationships, and personal hygiene. PUBG Mobile addiction can have negative effects on a person’s physical and mental health, including lack of sleep, decreased social interaction, and increased anxiety and depression. It is important to recognize and address this addiction to prevent it from negatively impacting one’s life.
What is considered pubg mobile addiction?
- 1. Withdrawal Symptoms: The individual may experience withdrawal symptoms like irritability, restlessness, anxiety, and depression when they cannot play the game.
- 2. Preoccupation with the Game: The individual may spend an excessive amount of time thinking about the game, planning when and how to play, and anticipating the next opportunity to play.
- 3. Neglect of Responsibilities: The individual may neglect their responsibilities, such as school or work, household chores, and social obligations, in favor of playing the game.
- 4. Tolerance: The individual may need to play the game for longer periods to achieve the same level of excitement and enjoyment they used to experience.
- 5. Intense Urges: The individual may experience intense urges to play the game that they cannot resist, even if they know it’s harmful to their health, relationships, or other areas of their life.
- 6. Escalation: The individual may escalate their game playing by investing more time and money into the game, playing at inappropriate times or in inappropriate places, or playing more aggressively.
- 7. Negative Consequences: The individual may experience negative consequences, such as declining academic or work performance, strained relationships, financial problems, or physical health problems, as a result of their game playing.
- 8. Loss of Control: The individual may feel unable to control their game playing, even if they want to stop or cut back.
How much pubg mobile is too much?
The World Health Organization defines gaming disorder as a pattern of behavior where gaming takes priority over other interests and daily activities, leading to significant impairment in areas of life such as social, occupational, or educational functioning. Therefore, it is recommended to limit the time spent on playing video games, including PUBG Mobile, and ensure that gaming does not interfere with other important aspects of life. A moderate amount of time, such as 1-2 hours per day, is considered reasonable, but it ultimately depends on the individual’s particular circumstances and responsibilities.
Some video games addiction facts & statistics
Video game addiction, also known as gaming disorder, is a relatively new phenomenon and the statistics vary depending on the source and definition of addiction. Here are some statistics related to video game addiction:
1. According to a survey conducted by the Entertainment Software Association, 65% of American adults play video games, and the average age of a video gamer is 35 years old.
2. According to a study published in the Journal of Adolescent Health, approximately 8.5% of adolescents in the United States meet the criteria for video game addiction.
3. The World Health Organization (WHO) included gaming disorder as a diagnosable conditionin the 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11.. The WHO estimates that gaming disorder affects 3-4% of gamers.
4. According to a study published in the Journal of Medical Internet Research, gamers who play for more than 40 hours per week are more likely to report depression, anxiety, and lower overall life satisfaction.
5. A study conducted by the University of Oxford found that playing video games for less than an hour per day was associated with higher levels of well-being, while those who played for more than three hours per day had lower levels of well-being.
It is important to note that not all video game usage is considered addiction, and many people are able to enjoy video games in a healthy and balanced way.
Is the pubg mobile addiction widespread?
Yes, there are many people who are addicted to PUBG Mobile. The game has become very popular and addictive due to its engaging gameplay, competitive nature, and social aspect. However, it is important to maintain a healthy balance and not let the game interfere with daily responsibilities and relationships.
Symptoms, Causes and Signs of pubg mobile addiction
Why is pubg mobile so addictive?
- 1. Highly engaging gameplay: PUBG Mobile offers a highly engaging gameplay experience that challenges the player’s tactical skills, strategic thinking, and reaction time, making it a highly addictive game.
- 2. Social interaction: PUBG Mobile allows players to connect with their friends and other players from around the world, adding a social element to the game that drives addiction.
- 3. Rewards and achievements: The game offers rewards, achievements, and a ranking system that provides a feeling of accomplishment and progress, which motivates players to keep playing.
- 4. Escapism: PUBG Mobile provides an escape from the real world, allowing players to immerse themselves in a virtual world where they can be whoever they want to be and do whatever they want to do.
- 5. Easy accessibility: As a mobile game, PUBG Mobile is easily accessible, and players can play it anywhere and at any time, making it easier to get hooked on.
Possible causes of pubg mobile dependency
There are several factors that contribute to the addiction of PUBG Mobile:
- 1. Social interaction: PUBG Mobile is a multiplayer game that allows players to interact with each other. The social aspect of the game can be addictive, as players build relationships and form teams.
- 2. Reward system: The game offers rewards for completing certain tasks or achieving certain goals. This reward system can be addictive, as players strive to earn more rewards.
- 3. Competition: The game is highly competitive, with players trying to outdo each other. This competition can be addictive, as players strive to be the best.
- 4. Escapism: Some players may use the game as a way to escape from real-life problems or stress. The immersive nature of the game can make it easy to get lost in the virtual world.
- 5. Psychological factors: Some individuals may be more susceptible to addiction due to underlying psychological factors such as anxiety or depression.
Signs & Symptoms of pubg mobile addiction
Now let’s see if you have the pubg mobile addiction problem.
- 1. You spend most of your free time playing PUBG Mobile: If you find yourself devoting a large amount of your free time to playing PUBG Mobile, it may be a sign that you are addicted to the game.
- 2. You prioritize playing PUBG Mobile over other important things: If you find yourself putting off important tasks or responsibilities in order to play PUBG Mobile, it may be a sign that you are addicted.
- 3. You experience withdrawal symptoms when you are not playing: If you feel anxious, restless or irritable when you are not playing PUBG Mobile, it may be a sign of addiction.
- 4. You neglect your social life: If you find yourself cancelling plans with friends or family in order to play PUBG Mobile, it may be a sign that the game has taken over your social life.
- 5. You spend real money on the game: If you are constantly spending real money on in-game purchases, it may be a sign that you are addicted to PUBG Mobile.
- 6. You feel a sense of accomplishment from playing the game: If you feel that playing PUBG Mobile is the only way to feel accomplished or successful, it may be a sign of addiction.
- 7. You think about the game constantly: If you find yourself constantly thinking about PUBG Mobile, even when you are not playing, it may be a sign of addiction.
Problems, impacts & bad effects of pubg mobile: should you quit?
What are some benefits of pubg mobile
Here are some potential pros and advantages of PUBG Mobile:
- 1. Realistic gameplay: PUBG Mobile offers a realistic and immersive gaming experience that allows players to experience an authentic battle royale game.
- 2. Multiplayer mode: PUBG Mobile allows players to play with friends and strangers from all around the world, making it a great way to connect with others who share a passion for gaming.
- 3. Wide range of weapons: The game offers a wide range of weapons and equipment to choose from, allowing players to customize their gameplay experience and choose the weapons that suit their playstyle.
- 4. Regular updates: The developers of PUBG Mobile regularly roll out new updates that add fresh content and features to the game, keeping it exciting and engaging for players.
- 5. Easy to learn: Despite its complex gameplay mechanics, PUBG Mobile is relatively easy to learn, making it accessible to players of all skill levels.
- 6. Free to play: PUBG Mobile is free to play, making it accessible to all players who want to give it a try.
Overall, these factors contribute to making PUBG Mobile a great game for those who enjoy battle royale games and want a challenging and engaging gaming experience.But at the opposite, what can be some pubg mobile addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
PUBG Mobile can have both positive and negative effects on your health. Some potential effects include:
– Improved cognitive skills: PUBG Mobile requires quick decision making, strategic planning, and hand-eye coordination, which can improve cognitive skills.
– Socialization: Playing PUBG Mobile can help individuals connect with other players and form social connections.
– Stress relief: Playing PUBG Mobile can serve as a form of stress relief and help individuals relax.
– Eye strain and headaches: Staring at a screen for long periods of time can cause eye strain, headaches, and fatigue.
– Physical inactivity: Playing PUBG Mobile for extended periods of time can lead to a sedentary lifestyle and lack of physical activity, which can lead to health problems such as obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
– Addiction: PUBG Mobile can be addictive, leading to excessive gaming and neglect of other responsibilities, such as work, school, and personal relationships.
– Sleep disturbances: Playing PUBG Mobile late at night can disrupt sleep patterns and lead to sleep disturbances, which can affect overall health and well-being.
pubg mobile and sleep disorder
Excessive use of any digital device or playing any game for long periods of time can lead to sleep problems or sleep disorders. In the case of PUBG Mobile, players can become so engrossed in the game that they may lose track of time and end up playing for hours, leading to a lack of sleep or disrupted sleep patterns.
Additionally, the blue light emitted by smartphone screens can suppress melatonin production, which is essential for regulating sleep-wake cycles. Therefore, it is important to limit the amount of time spent playing PUBG Mobile and other digital devices before bedtime to avoid any sleep-related issues.
pubg mobile affecting your brain & mental health: bad for brain and mental health?
Some effects of pubg mobile on your brain
- 1. Addiction: Pubg Mobile can be very addictive, leading to a lack of control over one’s gameplay. This can result in individuals prioritizing the game over important tasks such as work, school, and socializing.
- 2. Impaired Cognitive Functioning: Excessive gaming can lead to a decrease in cognitive functioning, including memory, attention, and decision-making skills. This is because the brain is overstimulated and becomes fatigued.
- 3. Sleep Disorders: Playing Pubg Mobile for extended periods can disrupt the body’s natural sleep cycle, leading to insomnia and other sleep disorders. This can negatively affect one’s mood, energy levels, and overall health.
- 4. Social Isolation: Playing Pubg Mobile for extended periods can lead to social isolation, as individuals prioritize gaming over socializing with friends and family. This can lead to decreased social skills and a lack of interpersonal relationships.
- 5. Aggressive Behavior: Some individuals may experience increased aggression or frustration while playing Pubg Mobile, which can result in negative behavior both online and offline.
- 6. Eye Strain: Playing Pubg Mobile for extended periods can cause eye strain, which can lead to headaches, blurred vision, and other visual problems.
- 7. Physical Health: Sitting for extended periods while playing Pubg Mobile can lead to physical health problems such as back pain, obesity, and poor posture.
Some effects of pubg mobile on your mental health
- 1. Addiction: One of the most significant effects of playing PUBG Mobile is addiction. It’s so addictive that players often forget to eat, sleep, or do other daily activities.
- 2. Anxiety and stress: PUBG Mobile is a highly competitive game, and players often find themselves under pressure to perform well. This can lead to anxiety and stress, which can impact mental health negatively.
- 3. Isolation: Playing PUBG Mobile for extended periods can cause isolation because players spend more time in the virtual world than in the real one. This can lead to social withdrawal, which can be harmful to mental health.
- 4. Aggressive behavior: PUBG Mobile is a game that requires players to eliminate other players to win. This can lead to aggressive behavior in some players, which can be harmful to their mental health and relationships.
- 5. Poor sleep patterns: Playing PUBG Mobile late into the night can disrupt sleep patterns, leading to fatigue, irritability, and other mental health issues.
- 6. Poor academic or work performance: Playing PUBG Mobile for extended periods can lead to poor academic or work performance, which can negatively impact mental health.
- 7. Eye strain and headaches: Playing PUBG Mobile for extended periods can cause eye strain and headaches, which can impact mental health negatively.
Overall, while playing PUBG Mobile can be a fun activity, it’s essential to monitor the amount of time spent playing and be aware of the potential negative effects on mental health.
Does pubg mobile cause stress and anxiety?
Yes, playing PUBG Mobile can cause stress or anxiety for some people. The intensity of the game, the pressure to perform well, the fear of losing or dying in the game, and the competitive nature of the game can all contribute to stress and anxiety.
Additionally, playing for extended periods of time can lead to physical and mental exhaustion, which can exacerbate stress and anxiety. It is important to take breaks and practice self-care while playing PUBG Mobile or any other video game to avoid these negative effects.
Can pubg mobile addiction lead to sadness and depression?
Yes, excessive and prolonged exposure to any form of gaming or online activity, including playing PUBG Mobile, can lead to sadness and depression. This is because prolonged gaming can lead to social isolation, lack of physical exercise, irregular sleeping patterns, and poor eating habits. These factors can all contribute to the development of depression and anxiety.
Additionally, the addictiveness of PUBG Mobile can lead to a compulsive need to play the game, which can lead to neglecting other important aspects of life, such as work, school, and relationships, further contributing to feelings of sadness and depression. It is important to balance playing PUBG Mobile with other activities and seek help if you suspect that your gaming habits are negatively impacting your mental health.
Dopamine and pubg mobile
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that is associated with pleasure, reward, and motivation. Playing PUBG mobile, like many other video games, can trigger the release of dopamine in the brain. This can create a feeling of satisfaction and pleasure when players achieve certain goals or milestones in the game.
For example, when a player successfully eliminates an opponent, they may experience a rush of dopamine as a reward for their achievement. This can encourage the player to continue playing and striving for more victories.
However, excessive gaming and reliance on dopamine can lead to addiction and negative consequences such as neglecting responsibilities, social isolation, and physical health problems. Therefore, it is important for gamers to maintain a healthy balance and not become overly dependent on the dopamine rush from video games like PUBG mobile.
pubg mobile effects on Focus, productivity, attention span, academic performance…
Yes, playing PUBG Mobile can affect focus, productivity, attention span, and academic performance. The game can be addictive and time-consuming, which can lead to distraction and reduced productivity. Excessive gaming can also lead to poor sleep quality and irregular sleep patterns, which can further affect academic performance and cognitive function.
Additionally, PUBG Mobile requires a lot of attention and quick decision-making skills, which can impact focus and attention span when students try to shift their attention to other tasks. Therefore, it is important to maintain a balance between gaming and other important activities to ensure good mental and physical health.
A word about ADHD and pubg mobile
People with ADHD may experience difficulty with attention, focus, and impulse control, which could potentially impact their gameplay in PUBG Mobile. They may have a harder time staying focused on the game and making quick decisions, which could lead to poor performance. On the other hand, some people with ADHD may thrive in fast-paced, stimulating environments like those found in PUBG Mobile. It ultimately depends on the individual and how their ADHD affects their cognitive abilities and behaviors.
affecting your relationships
pubg mobile and self-esteem
PUBG Mobile can have both positive and negative effects on self-esteem depending on the individual’s experience with the game.
On one hand, if a player is successful in the game, such as winning matches or achieving high rankings, it can boost their self-esteem and confidence. The feeling of competence and accomplishment can lead to an increased sense of self-worth and pride.
On the other hand, if a player is not successful in the game, it can negatively affect their self-esteem. Losing matches or constantly being eliminated can lead to feelings of frustration, disappointment, and even shame. This can cause a decrease in self-esteem and confidence, leading to a negative impact on mental health.
Furthermore, the pressure to perform well in the game can also contribute to stress and anxiety, which can further impact self-esteem.
Overall, the impact of PUBG Mobile on self-esteem depends on the individual’s experience and mindset towards the game. It is important to maintain a healthy balance and perspective while playing the game and prioritize mental health and well-being.
pubg mobile addiction leads to isolation and loneliness?
Yes, excessive addiction to PUBG mobile can lead to isolation and loneliness. When someone spends too much time playing PUBG mobile, they may start to neglect their social life and relationships, leading to feelings of loneliness and isolation.
PUBG mobile addiction can also lead to a lack of interest in other activities and hobbies, causing the individual to withdraw from social activities and spend more time alone playing the game. This can further exacerbate feelings of loneliness and isolation.
Moreover, excessive screen time can affect mental health and lead to depression and anxiety, which can contribute to feelings of isolation and loneliness. Therefore, it is important to balance screen time with other activities and maintain social connections to avoid the negative consequences of PUBG mobile addiction.
Effects of pubg mobile on your relationship
- 1. Shared interest: If both partners enjoy playing PUBG Mobile, it can become a shared interest and a way to bond over a common activity.
- 2. Teamwork and communication: Playing PUBG Mobile together can improve teamwork and communication skills, as players need to strategize and work together to win.
- 3. Reduced stress: Playing PUBG Mobile can be a stress reliever, and doing it with your partner can provide a healthy outlet for stress relief.
- 1. Time-consuming: Playing PUBG Mobile can be time-consuming, and if one partner spends too much time playing it, it can lead to neglect of the relationship.
- 2. Addiction: Some people can become addicted to PUBG Mobile, leading to neglect of other responsibilities and relationships.
- 3. Arguments: If one partner is more skilled or competitive than the other, it can lead to arguments or hurt feelings if the less skilled partner feels left behind or not as valued in the game.
How To Stop & quit Your pubg mobile Addiction
Finally you think you are addicted to pubg mobile and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for pubg mobile?
Here are the best solutions, steps, supports, resources and help you can get to treat your pubg mobile addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the pubg mobile addiction
- 1. Acknowledge the problem: The first step is to recognize that you have a problem and that you are addicted to PUBG Mobile.
- 2. Set limits: Set limits on the amount of time you spend playing the game. This can be done by setting a timer or by scheduling the time you play.
- 3. Find a substitute activity: Find a substitute activity that you enjoy doing and that will occupy your time. This could be anything from reading a book to playing a different game.
- 4. Seek support: Seek support from friends and family members who can help you stay accountable and provide encouragement.
- 5. Delete the game: Consider deleting PUBG Mobile from your device to remove the temptation altogether.
- 6. Seek professional help: If you are unable to overcome your addiction on your own, consider seeking help from a mental health professional.
- 7. Stay committed: Overcoming an addiction takes time and effort, so it’s important to stay committed to the process and not give up.
Actually, that’s what most documentation out there is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including pubg mobile:
1. Purge temptations: Get rid of pubg mobile
First, cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your pubg mobile accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up: