Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions toFortnite,Facebook,Instagram,porn,Netflix, Youtube,Tinder… Findall the posts about digital addiction. Today, let’s talk about how to quit the new world addiction.
- What’s the new world addiction?
- Addiction to new world, a “real” addiction?
- What’s considered new world addiction
- How much new world is too much?
- Some technology addiction facts & statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the new world addiction
- Why is new world so addictive?
- Possible causes of new world dependency
- Symptoms, Causes and Signs of new world addiction
- Problems, impacts & bad effects of new world
- Some benefits of new world
- health problems
- impact on brain & mental health
- impact on relationships
- How to stop & quit your new world addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the new world addiction
- Best new world blocker apps & functionalities
- where to seek extra help?
- To Go Further
- How to help someone with new world addiction
- Best books about technology addiction
- Research about technology addiction
What is the new world addiction?
About new world
The New World is a term used to describe the Americas, the newly discovered continents of the 15th century. It was a place of exploration and discovery, with new plants, animals, cultures, and people.
Addiction to new world, a “real” addiction?
Officially an addiction?
First, let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes new world addiction?
No, New World Addiction is not listed in the DSM-5.
So what means “new world addiction”?
New world addiction is a term used to describe the growing problem of people overusing digital technology or becoming addicted to online activities. This can include excessive use of social media, gaming, online shopping, and streaming services.
What is considered new world addiction?
- 1. Increase in the amount of time spent thinking about or engaging in the activity.
- 2. Experiencing feelings of guilt or shame related to the activity.
- 3. A decrease in the amount of time spent on other activities previously enjoyed.
- 4. Feeling an uncontrollable urge to engage in the activity.
- 5. Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when unable to engage in the activity.
- 6. Needing to spend more time or money on the activity in order to achieve the same level of satisfaction.
- 7. Neglecting important social, occupational, or recreational activities due to the activity.
- 8. Continuing to engage in the activity despite negative consequences.
How much new world is too much?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question. Everyone has different levels of dedication and commitment to the game, so it is up to the individual to decide how much time is too much.
Some technology addiction facts & statistics
Technology addiction is a growing concern in today’s world. Here are some statistics related to technology addiction:
- 1. According to a 2019 survey by Common Sense Media, 50% of teens feel addicted to their mobile devices.
- 2. A study conducted by the Pew Research Center found that 28% of adults in the US feel they are constantly online.
- 3. A survey conducted by the American Psychological Association found that 43% of Americans are constantly checking their electronic devices for email, texts, or social media updates.
- 4. A survey conducted by the Royal Society of Public Health in the UK found that social media is the most addictive technology, with 63% of respondents reporting that they check their social media accounts at least once a day.
- 5. In a study conducted by the University of Maryland, students were asked to give up all technology for 24 hours. Many of the participants experienced withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, irritability, and even physical symptoms such as headaches.
- 6. A study conducted by the University of Gothenburg in Sweden found that excessive use of mobile phones can lead to sleep disorders, depression, and anxiety.
- 7. According to the World Health Organization, internet addiction disorder (IAD) is a real condition that can have serious negative consequences on an individual’s mental and physical health.
Is the new world addiction widespread?
Addiction to video games is a real issue and can affect a significant number of people. It is important for individuals to monitor their gaming habits and seek help if they feel that they may be addicted.
Symptoms, Causes and Signs of new world addiction
Why is new world so addictive?
New World is a highly immersive and engaging game that offers a variety of activities for players to do. The game features an expansive, detailed world full of creatures, resources, and NPCs to interact with. The game also features deep crafting and building systems, as well as exciting PvP and PvE combat. All of these features combined make New World an incredibly addictive game for players to get lost in.
Possible causes of new world dependency
- 1. Availability of addictive substances: One of the main causes of new world addiction is the availability of addictive substances. This can include drugs, alcohol, nicotine, and other substances.
- 2. Stress: High levels of stress can lead to addiction as people often turn to substance abuse as a way to cope.
- 3. Genetics: Certain people may be genetically predisposed to addiction. For example, those with certain mutations in their genes may be more prone to developing an addiction.
- 4. Mental Illness: Mental illness can increase a person’s risk of developing an addiction, as substances can be used as a way to self-medicate.
- 5. Peer Pressure: Peer pressure can lead to substance abuse, especially among adolescents who may feel the need to fit in.
- 6. Trauma: Traumatic events can lead to addiction, as people may turn to substance abuse as a way to cope with the pain and trauma.
Signs & Symptoms of new world addiction
Now let’s see if you have the new world addiction problem.
- 1. You check your social media accounts multiple times a day.
- 2. You find yourself drawn to online shopping sites.
- 3. You often spend more time online than in-person with friends and family.
- 4. You feel a need to be constantly connected to the internet.
- 5. You prefer online communication to face-to-face contact.
- 6. You frequently update your profile, status, and photos on social media sites.
- 7. You are constantly on the lookout for the latest trends and technologies.
Problems, impacts & bad effects of new world: should you quit?
What are some benefits of new world
- 1. Increased Accessibility: The New World provides an unprecedented level of accessibility to global markets, resources, and people. With the advancements of digital technology, the New World allows us to access almost anything we want at any time.
- 2. Greater Interconnectivity: The New World is a highly interconnected space, with improved communication and transportation technologies that allow for faster and more efficient global transactions.
- 3. More Opportunities: The New World provides many new opportunities for businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals. The increased connectivity and accessibility opens up new avenues for growth and innovation.
- 4. Increased Efficiency: The New World is a more efficient space, as increased digitalization and automation allow for faster and more accurate services and processes.
- 5. Improved Quality of Life: The New World provides a platform for better quality of life. With improved technologies, services, and resources, people can now access the goods and services they need with greater ease.
- 1. Increased Mobility: The New World provides increased mobility, allowing people to access goods and services from anywhere in the world. This increases their ability to work, travel, and live their lives without the need to be confined to one place.
- 2. Increased Connectivity: The New World provides a platform for increased connectivity, allowing people to stay in touch with family and friends from around the globe. It also allows them to access the latest news, trends, and advancements in their fields of interest.
- 3. Improved Access to Resources: The New World provides improved access to resources, allowing people to access the resources they need to live a better life. This includes access to healthcare, education, and financial services.
- 4. Greater Innovation: The New World provides a platform for increased innovation and creativity, as people are able to access and share ideas more easily. This encourages the development of new products and services that can benefit the global population.
- 5. Improved Quality of Life: The New World provides improved quality of life, as people are able to access goods and services with greater ease and convenience. This also allows them to pursue their passions and dreams with greater freedom and autonomy.
But at the opposite, what can be some new world addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
- 1. Increased Risk of Chronic Diseases: The new world of processed and fast food, along with sedentary lifestyles, has led to an increase in chronic diseases such as obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
- 2. Risk of Infectious Diseases: The introduction of new foods and global travel has also led to an increase in the spread of infectious diseases.
- 3. Environmental Pollution: The industrialization of the new world has led to an increase in air, water, and soil pollution, which can have a negative impact on our health.
- 4. Mental Health: The new world has brought with it increased stress and anxiety due to increased competition, demands, and expectations. This can lead to mental health issues such as depression and anxiety.
new world and sleep disorder
It is possible that playing New World for extended periods of time, especially before bedtime, could contribute to sleep problems or sleep disorders. The blue light emitted by screens can interfere with the body’s production of melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep-wake cycles.
Additionally, the excitement and stimulation of gameplay can make it difficult to wind down and fall asleep. It is important to establish healthy habits and limit screen time before bedtime to promote good sleep hygiene.
new world affecting your brain & mental health: bad for brain and mental health?
Some effects of new world on your brain
- 1. Increased Stress: With the faster pace of life that the new world brings, it can be difficult to keep up with all the changes and demands that come with it. This can lead to increased levels of stress, which can have a detrimental effect on the brain.
- 2. Distraction: With the introduction of new technologies such as smartphones and tablets, it can be easy to become distracted from our day-to-day tasks. This can lead to decreased focus and productivity.
- 3. Anxiety and Depression: With the constant bombardment of information, news, and media, it can be difficult to stay on top of it all. This can lead to feelings of anxiety and depression.
- 4. Lack of Sleep: With the need to stay connected, many people find themselves staying up late to check emails and etc. This can lead to a lack of sleep, which can have a negative effect on the brain.
- 5. Memory Loss: With so much information and technology to keep track of, it can be difficult to remember things. This can lead to a decline in memory over time.
Some effects of new world on your mental health
- 1. Increased Stress: The new world can present numerous challenges, such as the need to adjust to different ways of working, the pressure to stay up to date with new technologies, the need to quickly adapt to change, and the pressure to compete with others in a global market. All of these factors can lead to increased stress and anxiety, which can have a negative impact on mental health.
- 2. Isolation: With the prevalence of remote working and the rise of digital communication, it can be easy to feel isolated and alone. This can lead to feelings of depression, loneliness, and even thoughts of suicide.
- 3. Imposter Syndrome: The new world can create feelings of inadequacy, especially when competing with others who may have more experience or better qualifications. This can lead to feelings of self-doubt and feelings of being an imposter, which in turn can lead to anxiety and depression.
- 4. Increased Burnout: With the increased pressure to work faster and harder, it can be easy to burn out. This can lead to exhaustion, decreased motivation, and a decrease in productivity, all of which can lead to further mental health issues.
Does new world cause stress and anxiety?
Yes, playing a new video game or entering a new world can cause stress or anxiety for some people. This is because they are not familiar with the game mechanics, the world, or the other players in the game. They may also feel pressure to perform well or keep up with other players.
Additionally, the immersive nature of video games can lead to a sense of stress or anxiety if the game is particularly challenging or if the player becomes too invested in the game world. It is important for players to take breaks, practice self-care, and seek help if they experience significant distress while playing a video game.
Can new world addiction lead to sadness and depression?
Yes, new world addiction can lead to sadness and depression. Addiction to anything, including video games, can affect a person’s mental health and overall well-being if it becomes excessive and interferes with their daily life. Spending a lot of time in a virtual world can lead to social isolation, lack of physical activity, and neglect of responsibilities, which can contribute to feelings of sadness and depression. It is important to maintain a balance between virtual and real-world activities to prevent addiction and maintain good mental health.
Dopamine and new world
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that is associated with pleasure, motivation, and reward. When we experience something pleasurable, such as eating delicious food or achieving a goal, our brain releases dopamine, making us feel happy and satisfied. The concept of the “new world” could also be associated with dopamine, as it represents new experiences, novelty, and excitement.
In terms of the relationship between dopamine and the new world, it can be argued that the desire for new experiences and the pursuit of novelty can lead to an increase in dopamine release. This is because our brain sees new experiences as rewarding and pleasurable, which triggers the release of dopamine. For example, when we travel to a new country or try a new activity, we may feel a sense of excitement and pleasure, which is driven in part by the release of dopamine.
However, it’s important to note that excessive dopamine release or seeking out constant novelty can also have negative effects on mental health and well-being. It can lead to addictive behavior, impulsivity, and anxiety. Therefore, it’s important to find a balance between seeking out new experiences and maintaining a sense of stability and routine in our lives.
new world effects on Focus, productivity, attention span, academic performance…
The effects of the new world (presumably referring to the digital age and advancements in technology) on focus, productivity, attention span, and academic performance are complex and varied.
On one hand, the increased use of technology and access to information can enhance productivity and academic performance. For example, online educational resources and tools can help students learn more efficiently and effectively, and digital communication can increase collaboration and information sharing among peers and colleagues.
On the other hand, the constant distractions and overstimulation that come with the digital age can negatively impact focus, attention span, and productivity. Social media and other digital distractions can easily take up valuable time and attention, leading to procrastination and decreased academic performance.
Additionally, the prevalence of multitasking in the digital age can lead to decreased focus and lower productivity.
Overall, the effects of the new world on focus, productivity, attention span, and academic performance are complex and depend on a variety of individual and environmental factors. It is important for individuals to find a balance between utilizing technology as a tool for productivity and minimizing distractions to maintain focus and attention.
A word about ADHD and new world
People with ADHD may interact differently with the new world in several ways. Here are a few examples:
- 1. They may struggle with adjusting to changes: People with ADHD may find it difficult to adjust to new routines, responsibilities, or environments. This can make it challenging for them to navigate new situations.
- 2. They may have difficulty with prioritizing: People with ADHD may have a tendency to focus on the wrong things or get sidetracked easily. This can make it difficult for them to prioritize their tasks and responsibilities in a new environment.
- 3. They may be more impulsive: People with ADHD may be more likely to act impulsively, which can lead to poor decision-making or risky behavior in a new environment.
- 4. They may be more sensitive to sensory input: People with ADHD may be more sensitive to sensory input such as noise, light, or touch. This can make it challenging for them to adapt to new environments that may be overwhelming or overstimulating.
Overall, people with ADHD may require additional support and accommodations when navigating new environments to help them feel more comfortable and successful.
affecting your relationships
new world and self-esteem
The impact of the new world on self-esteem can be both positive and negative. On the positive side, the new world can provide opportunities for individuals to explore new experiences, learn new skills, and build self-confidence. It can also provide a sense of belonging and connection to a larger community or cause, which can boost self-esteem.
However, the new world can also bring challenges and stressors that can negatively impact self-esteem. For example, the pressure to constantly adapt to new technologies or social norms can lead to feelings of inadequacy or anxiety.
Additionally, the comparison to others on social media and the pressure to present a perfect image can lead to feelings of inadequacy and lower self-esteem.
Overall, the impact of the new world on self-esteem depends on individual experiences and coping strategies. It is important to recognize the potential challenges and actively work to build resilience and self-acceptance in the face of these challenges.
new world addiction leads to isolation and loneliness?
Yes, it is possible for addiction to online or virtual worlds to lead to isolation and loneliness. People who become addicted to virtual worlds or online gaming may spend large amounts of time in these environments, often at the expense of real-life social interactions and relationships. They may also find it difficult to connect with others who are not involved in their online world, leading to a sense of isolation and disconnection from the real world. Over time, this can lead to feelings of loneliness and social isolation, which can have negative effects on mental health and wellbeing. It is important for individuals who are struggling with addiction to seek help and support to overcome their addiction and reconnect with the real world.
Effects of new world on your relationship
- 1. Increased communication: New world technologies have made it easier for people to communicate with each other, even if they are thousands of miles apart. This has brought people closer together and strengthened relationships.
- 2. Greater understanding: The new world has made it easier for people to learn about different cultures, beliefs, and lifestyles. This has led to greater understanding and acceptance of others, which can improve relationships.
- 3. More opportunities: The new world has created more opportunities for people to meet new friends, date, and find romantic partners. This has increased the chances of finding someone who is compatible and can lead to long-lasting relationships.
- 1. Decreased face-to-face interaction: The new world has made it easier for people to communicate without actually being in the same room. This has led to decreased face-to-face interaction, which can weaken relationships.
- 2. Social media addiction: The new world has made it easier for people to become addicted to social media, which can take away time from building and maintaining relationships.
- 3. Miscommunication: The new world technologies have created new forms of communication, such as texting and messaging, which can lead to miscommunication and misunderstandings in relationships.
How To Stop & quit Your new world Addiction
Finally you think you are addicted to new world and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for new world?
Here are the best solutions, steps, supports, resources and help you can get to treat your new world addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the new world addiction
- 1. Recognize the signs and symptoms of your addiction.
- 2. Reach out for help. Speak to a qualified addiction specialist or join a support group.
- 3. Replace the addictive behavior with healthier activities.
- 4. Take steps to reduce stress. Find ways to cope with difficult emotions and situations without turning to new world addiction.
- 5. Set realistic goals and create an action plan.
- 6. Practice self-care. Make sure you are taking care of your physical and mental health.
- 7. Stay connected to supportive people.
- 8. Find new hobbies and interests.
- 9. Fight urges and cravings.
- 10. Celebrate your successes.
Actually, that’s what most documentation out there is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including new world:
1. Purge temptations: Get rid of new world
First, cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your new world accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up: