- What is the minecraft addiction?
- What is considered minecraft addiction?
- How much minecraft is too much?
- Some alarming minecraft addiction statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the minecraft addiction
- Symptoms & Signs of minecraft addiction
- Possible causes of minecraft dependency
- Why is minecraft so addictive?
- Problem, bad effects & consequences of minecraft
- creating general health problems
- affecting your brain & mental health
- affecting your relationships
- How to stop your minecraft addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the minecraft addiction
- Best minecraft blocker apps & software
- Best books to quit minecraft
- where to seek extra help?
Am I Addicted To minecraft?
Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions to Fortnite, Facebook, Instagram, porn, Netflix, Youtube, Tinder… (find them all here).
Today, let’s talk about the minecraft addiction.
Minecraft is a game where you can build and explore. You can find resources to craft items and build structures. You can also encounter mobs, which are hostile or friendly creatures.
minecraft, a “real” addiction?
Officialy an addiction?
Let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes minecraft addiction?
There is no mention of Minecraft addiction in the DSM-5.
So what is the minecraft addiction?
There is no one answer to this question as everyone experiences addiction differently. However, some common signs of addiction include feeling unable to control one’s use of the game, feeling excessively preoccupied with Minecraft, and continuing to play despite negative consequences. If you or someone you know is experiencing these symptoms, it is important to reach out for help.
What is considered minecraft addiction?
How much minecraft is too much?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it varies from person to person. Some people may find that they can play Minecraft for hours on end without any negative effects, while others may find that even a few minutes is too much. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide how much time is too much.
Some alarming minecraft addiction statistics
There is no definitive answer to this question as it largely depends on the individual. However, some signs that someone may be addicted to Minecraft include spending excessive amounts of time playing the game, neglecting other important activities in favor of playing, and feeling withdrawal symptoms when not playing.
Additionally, some people may become so obsessed with the game that they begin to lose touch with reality and experience hallucinations related to Minecraft.
Symptoms & Causes of the minecraft addiction
Why is minecraft so addictive?
There is no one answer to this question as everyone experiences different things that they find addictive about Minecraft. Some people might enjoy the creative aspects of building things in the game, while others might find the exploration and discovery elements more addictive. Ultimately, it really depends on the person and what they find enjoyable about the game.
Possible causes of minecraft dependency
There is no definitive answer to this question as everyone experiences addiction differently. However, some possible causes of Minecraft addiction could include a need for escapism, social interaction, or a sense of achievement.
Additionally, people who are prone to addiction may be more likely to become addicted to Minecraft due to its addictive gameplay mechanics.
Signs & Symptoms of minecraft addiction
- 1. You spend more time on Minecraft than you do on any other game or activity.
- 2. You can’t get enough of building, mining, and exploring.
- 3. You’ve created an elaborate base or fortress that you’re constantly expanding.
- 4. You’ve memorized every crafting recipe.
- 5. You have a detailed mental map of the Minecraft world.
- 6. You’ve amassed a large collection of rare and valuable items.
- 7. You can’t imagine going a day without playing Minecraft.
Problem, consequences & bad effects of minecraft
What are some benefits of minecraft
There are many reasons why Minecraft is so great. Some of these reasons include:
-Its a great game for all ages
-You can play it on almost any device
-The community is very active and friendly
-There is a huge amount of content to keep you entertained
-You can play it offline
-The game is constantly being updated with new content
But at the opposite, what can be some minecraft addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
There is no definitive answer to this question as everyone experiences different health effects from playing Minecraft. Some people may find that their mental and physical health improves from playing the game, while others may find that it has negative effects. Some of the potential positive health effects of playing Minecraft include improved problem-solving skills, increased creativity, improved social interaction, and increased physical activity. Some of the potential negative health effects of playing Minecraft include increased isolation, increased anxiety, and increased aggression.
affecting your brain & mental health
- 1. Minecraft can cause you to become very isolated from the real world.
- 2. You can become addicted to Minecraft and spend hours upon hours playing it.
- 3. Minecraft can desensitize you to violence.
- 4. You can become so engrossed in Minecraft that you neglect your real-life responsibilities.
Is minecraft bad for your mental health?
Some people may experience negative effects on their mental health from playing Minecraft. These can include anxiety, depression, and even addiction. Some players may become so engrossed in the game that they neglect their real-life responsibilities, which can lead to problems in their personal lives.
Additionally, some people may use Minecraft as an escape from their problems, which can further exacerbates any underlying mental health issues.
affecting your relationship
There is no definitive answer to this question as it varies from person to person. Some people find that playing Minecraft can help to improve communication and teamwork within their relationship, while others may find that it causes arguments and tension. Ultimately, it is up to each individual couple to decide how Minecraft affects their relationship.
How To Stop Your minecraft Addiction
So you think you are addicted to minecraft and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for minecraft ?
Here are the best solutions, steps, ressources and help you can get to treat your minecraft addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the minecraft addiction
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to get rid of a Minecraft addiction will vary depending on the individual. However, some steps that may be helpful in overcoming a Minecraft addiction include:
1. Cutting back on the amount of time spent playing Minecraft. This may involve setting a limit on the number of hours played each day, or taking a break from the game altogether.
2. Finding other activities to occupy time that would otherwise be spent playing Minecraft. This could include spending time with family and friends, participating in hobbies, or exercising.
3. Seeking professional help if the addiction is proving to be too difficult to overcome on one’s own. A therapist or counselor can provide guidance and support in overcoming an addiction. That’s what most documentation outhere is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including minecraft:
1. Purge temptations
Cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your minecraft accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up:
Click here if you want to see more of the Digital Purge!
2. Spot & Reveal your emotional triggers
There are some reasons, often hidden ones, that your brain and your heart love so much minecraft. Those reasons act as triggers to pull your cravings. Rather than chasing the addiction, it’s a more efficient strategy to look at the feelings driving you toward it. That way you can cure and heal the feeling. You’ll feel better and the cravings will magically disapear.
3. Rewire to life
An addiction FOMO (fear of missing out) can be huge and really painful to resist, especally if it was here for a long time. However learning to live with it is necessary to build a life full of peace and joy. Strategies to fight FOMO and rewire to life include meditation, nature activities, social interraction, intellectual and creative projects, meaningful adventures… basicaly anything that fill your soul.
4. How to not relapse and fully recover?
It may takes days, weeks, months or even years. You may relapse a few times, but the most important is that you keep engaging less and less with minecraft. Each day you resist to it is a day weakening your brain connections with minecraft. From your patience and discipline will arise incredible mind strength, hope and wisdom.
Best minecraft blocker apps & functionnalities
Additionally, you can limit or block access to minecraft using those apps:
- 1. AppLock
- 2. Kids Place
- 3. MMGuardian
- 4. Norton Family Parental Control
- 5. Qustodio Parental Control
Best books around minecraft
- 1. Minecraft: The Island by Max Brooks
- 2. Minecraft: The Survivors’ Book of Secrets by Megan Miller
- 3. Minecraft: The Official Beginner’s Handbook by Stephanie Milton
- 4. Minecraft: The Official Redstone Handbook by Duncan Geere
- 5. Minecraft: The Official Encyclopedia by Jeb Rosenblatt
where to seek extra help?
Do you need some support and help to stop and overcome your minecraft addiction? If you or someone you know is struggling with minecraft addiction, there are a few places to seek help.
First, check our course The Digital Purge. This course has already helped many digital addicts to rewire to what matter. But other options also exist.
There is no one definitive answer to this question. Some people may find help through online forums or support groups, while others may seek professional treatment.
In conclusion, it is possible to overcome a Minecraft addiction. However, it will take time, effort, and support from family and friends. If you or someone you know is struggling with a Minecraft addiction, don’t hesitate to reach out for help.
To go further, please check our course The Digital Purge.