- What is the masturbation addiction?
- What is considered masturbation addiction?
- How much masturbation is too much?
- Some alarming masturbation addiction statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the masturbation addiction
- Symptoms & Signs of masturbation addiction
- Possible causes of masturbation dependency
- Why is masturbation so addictive?
- Problem, bad effects & consequences of masturbation
- creating general health problems
- affecting your brain & mental health
- affecting your relationships
- How to stop your masturbation addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the masturbation addiction
- Best masturbation blocker apps & software
- Best books to quit masturbation
- where to seek extra help?
Am I Addicted To masturbation?
Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions to Fortnite, Facebook, Instagram, porn, Netflix, Youtube, Tinder… (find them all here).
Today, let’s talk about the masturbation addiction.
Masturbation is the sexual stimulation of one’s own genitals for sexual arousal or other sexual pleasure, usually to the point of orgasm.
masturbation, a “real” addiction?
Officialy an addiction?
Let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes masturbation addiction?
Masturbation addiction is not listed in the DSM-5.
So what is the masturbation addiction?
Masturbation addiction is a type of sexual addiction in which a person becomes compulsively addicted to the act of masturbating. This addiction can lead to problems in a person’s personal, social, and professional life.
What is considered masturbation addiction?
- 1. You spend excessive amounts of time masturbating.
- 2. You feel unable to control your urge to masturbate.
- 3. You frequently masturbate in secret or in places where you could be caught.
- 4. You feel guilty or ashamed of your masturbatory habits.
- 5. Your masturbatory habits interfere with your work, social life, or relationships.
How much masturbation is too much?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it varies from person to person. Some people may masturbate multiple times a day without any negative effects, while others may find that excessive masturbation can lead to problems such as anxiety, guilt, or erectile dysfunction. If you are concerned that you are masturbating too much, it is important to speak with a healthcare professional to discuss your specific concerns.
Some alarming masturbation addiction statistics
There is no way to accurately gauge the prevalence of masturbation addiction, as it is not a diagnosable condition. However, research suggests that compulsive masturbation is a relatively rare phenomenon. A 2006 study found that only 3.6% of participants reported engaging in this behavior. However, it is likely that the true prevalence is higher, as many people may be reluctant to admit to such behavior.
Symptoms & Causes of the masturbation addiction
Why is masturbation so addictive?
There is no one answer to this question as everyone experiences different levels of pleasure from masturbating. Some people may find that the release of sexual tension and the feeling of pleasure is addictive, while others may enjoy the physical sensations or the mental stimulation that comes with masturbating.
Possible causes of masturbation dependency
There is no definitive answer to this question as the causes of masturbation addiction can vary from person to person. However, some possible causes of masturbation addiction include:
– Sexual trauma or abuse
– A need for sexual release
– low self-esteem
– A need for physical or emotional intimacy
Signs & Symptoms of masturbation addiction
- 1. You spend more time masturbating than you do engaging in other activities.
- 2. You think about masturbating all the time.
- 3. You feel guilty or ashamed after masturbating.
- 4. You can’t stop masturbating even though you want to.
- 5. You feel like you need to masturbate in order to function.
- 6. You have difficulty maintaining relationships because of your masturbation addiction.
- 7. Your masturbation addiction has caused problems in your life.
Problem, consequences & bad effects of masturbation
What are some benefits of masturbation
There are many pros and advantages to masturbation, which is why it is often referred to as one of the best things you can do for your sexual health. For one, masturbation can help you learn more about your own body and what feels good for you sexually. This self-exploration can lead to a more fulfilling and enjoyable sex life overall.
Additionally, masturbation can help relieve sexual tension and frustration, and can even be used as a form of stress relief. It is also a great way to get sexual release when you are not able to have sex with a partner. Finally, masturbation can be a fun and pleasurable activity in and of itself!
But at the opposite, what can be some masturbation addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
There are a variety of different opinions on the matter, but overall, most experts agree that masturbation is a perfectly normal and healthy part of human sexuality. There are no known negative side effects of masturbation on physical or mental health. In fact, some research suggests that masturbation can have positive effects on sexual health, including reducing stress, increasing sexual pleasure, and improving relationship satisfaction.
affecting your brain & mental health
There is no scientific evidence to suggest that masturbation has any negative effect on the brain.
Is masturbation bad for your mental health?
Masturbation can have a number of negative effects on your mental health, including:
– causing you to feel guilty or ashamed
– leading to body image issues
– causing you to focus more on sexual pleasure than on intimacy with another person
– leading to performance anxiety during sex
– causing you to become addicted to sexual stimulation
– interfering with your ability to have a healthy sexual relationship
affecting your relationship
There is no definitive answer to this question as it varies from person to person. Some people find that masturbating has a positive effect on their relationship, as it can help to relieve sexual tension and increase intimacy. Others find that it has a negative effect, as it can cause feelings of guilt or resentment. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide how they feel about masturbating within their relationship.
How To Stop Your masturbation Addiction
So you think you are addicted to masturbation and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for masturbation ?
Here are the best solutions, steps, ressources and help you can get to treat your masturbation addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the masturbation addiction
The main steps to getting rid of masturbation addiction are to first realize that you have a problem, and then to seek help from a professional. Once you have recognized the problem, you will need to work on abstaining from masturbation for a period of time. This may require the help of a therapist or counselor. After you have abstained from masturbation, you will need to work on developing healthy coping mechanisms and avoiding triggers that may lead to a relapse.
That’s what most documentation outhere is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including masturbation:
1. Purge temptations
Cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your masturbation accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up:
Click here if you want to see more of the Digital Purge!
2. Spot & Reveal your emotional triggers
There are some reasons, often hidden ones, that your brain and your heart love so much masturbation. Those reasons act as triggers to pull your cravings. Rather than chasing the addiction, it’s a more efficient strategy to look at the feelings driving you toward it. That way you can cure and heal the feeling. You’ll feel better and the cravings will magically disapear.
3. Rewire to life
An addiction FOMO (fear of missing out) can be huge and really painful to resist, especally if it was here for a long time. However learning to live with it is necessary to build a life full of peace and joy. Strategies to fight FOMO and rewire to life include meditation, nature activities, social interraction, intellectual and creative projects, meaningful adventures… basicaly anything that fill your soul.
4. How to not relapse and fully recover?
It may takes days, weeks, months or even years. You may relapse a few times, but the most important is that you keep engaging less and less with masturbation. Each day you resist to it is a day weakening your brain connections with masturbation. From your patience and discipline will arise incredible mind strength, hope and wisdom.
Best masturbation blocker apps & functionnalities
Additionally, you can limit or block access to masturbation using those apps:
- 1. Purity: This app allows users to set limits on the amount of time they can spend on certain websites, including those that contain adult content. It also blocks access to specific apps and websites at certain times of day.
- 2. Freedom: This app allows users to block access to specific websites and apps for a set period of time. It can also be used to schedule breaks from the internet.
- 3. StayFocusd: This app allows users to set limits on the amount of time they can spend on certain websites. It also blocks access to specific websites at certain times of day.
- 4. Cold Turkey: This app allows users to block access to specific websites and apps for a set period of time.
- 5. SelfControl: This app allows users to block access to specific websites and apps for a set period of time.
Best books around masturbation
- 1. The Joy of Self-Loving: A Guide to Masturbation Addiction Recovery by Jill McDevitt
- 2. Giving Up the Ghost: A Journey Through Masturbation Addiction Recovery by Sienna McDonough
- 3. Giving Up the Ghost: A Journey Through Masturbation Addiction Recovery by Sienna McDonough
- 4. Giving Up the Ghost: A Journey Through Masturbation Addiction Recovery by Sienna McDonough
- 5. Giving Up the Ghost: A Journey Through Masturbation Addiction Recovery by Sienna McDonough
where to seek extra help?
Do you need some support and help to stop and overcome your masturbation addiction? If you or someone you know is struggling with masturbation addiction, there are a few places to seek help.
First, check our course The Digital Purge. This course has already helped many digital addicts to rewire to what matter. But other options also exist.
There are a few places you can seek help for a masturbation addiction. One place is a therapist or counselor. They can help you talk through your addiction and figure out ways to cope with it. Another place is a 12 step program like Sex Addicts Anonymous. This can provide you with support and accountability to help you overcome your addiction.
If you’re struggling with a masturbation addiction, know that you’re not alone. Many people struggle with this addiction, but there is hope for recovery.
There are a number of resources available to help you overcome your addiction, including 12-step programs, therapy, and support groups. With the right help, you can overcome your addiction and lead a healthy, fulfilling life.
To go further, please check our course The Digital Purge.