Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions toFortnite,Facebook,Instagram,porn,Netflix, Youtube,Tinder… Findall the posts about digital addiction. Today, let’s talk about how to quit the league of legends addiction.
- What’s the league of legends addiction?
- Addiction to league of legends, a “real” addiction?
- What’s considered league of legends addiction
- How much league of legends is too much?
- Some video games addiction facts & statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the league of legends addiction
- Why is league of legends so addictive?
- Possible causes of league of legends dependency
- Symptoms, Causes and Signs of league of legends addiction
- Problems, impacts & bad effects of league of legends
- Some benefits of league of legends
- health problems
- impact on brain & mental health
- impact on relationships
- How to stop & quit your league of legends addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the league of legends addiction
- Best league of legends blocker apps & functionalities
- where to seek extra help?
- To Go Further
- How to help someone with league of legends addiction
- Best books about video games addiction
- Research about video games addiction
What is the league of legends addiction?
About league of legends
League of Legends is a online battle arena video game developed and published by Riot Games for Microsoft Windows and macOS. The game consists of three current running game modes: Summoner’s Rift, Twisted Treeline, and Howling Abyss.
Addiction to league of legends, a “real” addiction?
Officially an addiction?
First, let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes league of legends addiction?
There is no mention of league of legends addiction in the DSM-5.
So what means “league of legends addiction”?
There is no definitive answer to this question as everyone experiences addiction differently. However, some common symptoms of addiction to League of Legends may include spending excessive amounts of time playing the game, neglecting other important aspects of life in favor of playing, and continuing to play despite negative consequences. If you or someone you know is exhibiting these behaviors, it is important to reach out for help.
What is considered league of legends addiction?
- 1. Preoccupation with playing League of Legends. This could be thinking about the game when you are not playing, or planning your next game while you are doing other things.
- 2. Neglecting other important aspects of your life in order to play League of Legends. This could be skipping work or school, or not spending time with family and friends in order to play.
- 3. Losing interest in other hobbies or activities that you used to enjoy in order to play League of Legends.
- 4. Continuing to play League of Legends despite negative consequences, such as losing a job or relationship.
- 5. needing to play League of Legends for longer and longer periods of time in order to feel satisfaction.
- 6. Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you are not playing League of Legends, such as irritability, anxiety, or depression.
How much league of legends is too much?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it varies from person to person. Some people may feel that they are spending too much time on League of Legends if they are neglecting their real-life responsibilities, such as work or school, in favor of playing the game. Others may be able to balance their time spent on League of Legends with their other commitments without feeling like they are spending too much time on the game. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide how much time is too much time spent on League of Legends.
Some video games addiction facts & statistics
Video game addiction, also known as gaming disorder, is a relatively new phenomenon and the statistics vary depending on the source and definition of addiction. Here are some statistics related to video game addiction:
1. According to a survey conducted by the Entertainment Software Association, 65% of American adults play video games, and the average age of a video gamer is 35 years old.
2. According to a study published in the Journal of Adolescent Health, approximately 8.5% of adolescents in the United States meet the criteria for video game addiction.
3. The World Health Organization (WHO) included gaming disorder as a diagnosable conditionin the 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11.. The WHO estimates that gaming disorder affects 3-4% of gamers.
4. According to a study published in the Journal of Medical Internet Research, gamers who play for more than 40 hours per week are more likely to report depression, anxiety, and lower overall life satisfaction.
5. A study conducted by the University of Oxford found that playing video games for less than an hour per day was associated with higher levels of well-being, while those who played for more than three hours per day had lower levels of well-being.
It is important to note that not all video game usage is considered addiction, and many people are able to enjoy video games in a healthy and balanced way.
Is the league of legends addiction widespread?
Yes, there are many people who are addicted to playing League of Legends. The game has a large player base and a competitive nature, which can lead to players spending hours on end playing the game. Some players may develop a dependence on the game, leading to negative consequences such as neglecting responsibilities, social isolation, and physical health problems. It is important for players to maintain a healthy balance between gaming and other aspects of their lives.
Symptoms, Causes and Signs of league of legends addiction
Why is league of legends so addictive?
There are many reasons why people find League of Legends addictive. For one, the game is very well designed and is always updated with new content to keep players engaged.
Additionally, the game is extremely competitive and requires a lot of strategic thinking and skill to master. Finally, the community of League of Legends players is very supportive and friendly, which makes the game even more enjoyable to play.
Possible causes of league of legends dependency
There is no one definitive answer to this question. Some people may become addicted to League of Legends because they enjoy the competitive nature of the game and the feeling of accomplishment they get from winning. Others may become addicted because they enjoy socializing with other players and forming in-game relationships. Still others may become addicted because they find the game to be a fun and entertaining way to spend their free time. Whatever the reason, addiction to League of Legends can be a very serious problem that can have detrimental effects on a person’s life.
Signs & Symptoms of league of legends addiction
Now let’s see if you have the league of legends addiction problem.
- 1. You spend more time playing League of Legends than you do sleeping.
- 2. You can never get enough of playing League of Legends.
- 3. You have more friends in the League of Legends community than you do in real life.
- 4. You have memorized all of the item builds and strategies for all of the champions.
- 5. You can always find a reason to play “just one more game” of League of Legends.
- 6. You find yourself thinking about League of Legends even when you’re not playing it.
- 7. You would do anything to improve your rank in the game.
Problems, impacts & bad effects of league of legends: should you quit?
What are some benefits of league of legends
There are many reasons why people enjoy playing League of Legends. Some of the benefits include:
- 1. It’s a very competitive game that requires skill and strategy to win.
- 2. There is a large variety of champions to choose from, which allows players to find ones that fit their playstyle.
- 3. The game is regularly updated with new content, keeping players engaged.
- 4. The community is very friendly and helpful, providing a great experience for all players.
But at the opposite, what can be some league of legends addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
There is no definitive answer to this question as everyone experiences different health effects while playing League of Legends. Some people may find that their mental and physical health improves while playing the game, while others may find that it has negative effects. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to determine how League of Legends affects their health.
league of legends and sleep disorder
Playing League of Legends or any video game right before bed can potentially disrupt sleep patterns and make it harder to fall asleep. The blue light emitted from computer screens can also suppress the production of melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep.
Additionally, the excitement and stimulation from playing the game can make it harder to wind down and relax before bedtime. However, it is important to note that not everyone will experience sleep problems from playing video games. It ultimately depends on the individual’s sensitivity to these factors.
league of legends affecting your brain & mental health: bad for brain and mental health?
Some effects of league of legends on your brain
There is not much evidence to suggest that playing League of Legends has any negative effect on your brain. In fact, some research has suggested that playing the game can actually improve your cognitive skills.
Some effects of league of legends on your mental health
There is not a lot of research on the effects of playing League of Legends on mental health, but there are some potential risks. For example, because the game is so competitive, players may become anxious or stressed while playing. In addition, because the game requires quick thinking and reflexes, players may become frustrated if they are not able to perform well. This frustration can lead to negative emotions such as anger, sadness, or even depression. Finally, because League of Legends is an online game, players may be exposed to negative or hateful speech from other players. This exposure can lead to feelings of isolation, anxiety, or even depression.
Does league of legends cause stress and anxiety?
Yes, it is possible for League of Legends to cause stress or anxiety. The high-pressure, competitive nature of the game can lead to feelings of stress, frustration, and anxiety for some players.
Additionally, the toxicity of the player community can also contribute to negative emotions and stress. It is important to take breaks and practice self-care if you feel overwhelmed by the game.
Can league of legends addiction lead to sadness and depression?
Yes, it is possible for League of Legends addiction to lead to sadness and depression. Addiction to any activity, including video games, can lead to negative consequences such as neglect of responsibilities, social isolation, and decreased physical activity. These consequences can lead to feelings of sadness and depression.
Additionally, the high level of competition and pressure to perform well in League of Legends can lead to feelings of stress and anxiety, which can also contribute to depression. It is important for individuals who feel that they may be addicted to League of Legends or any other activity to seek help and support from friends, family, or mental health professionals.
Dopamine and league of legends
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that plays a role in motivation, pleasure, and reward. League of Legends is a popular online multiplayer game that can trigger the release of dopamine in the brain, leading to feelings of pleasure and satisfaction. This is because the game offers a sense of accomplishment and achievement when players successfully complete objectives, win battles, or progress through levels.
Additionally, the game’s competitive nature and social aspects can also contribute to the release of dopamine, as players may feel a sense of exhilaration or satisfaction from defeating opponents or working together with teammates. However, excessive or addictive gaming can also lead to negative consequences, such as a decrease in productivity, social isolation, and potential health issues.
league of legends effects on Focus, productivity, attention span, academic performance…
League of Legends can have both positive and negative effects on focus, productivity, attention span, and academic performance.
On the positive side, playing League of Legends can improve hand-eye coordination, problem-solving skills, and strategic thinking. It can also provide a break from studying or work, potentially reducing stress and improving overall well-being.
Additionally, playing with friends or in a team can improve communication and teamwork skills.
However, on the negative side, excessive gaming can lead to a decrease in productivity and attention span. It can also interfere with academic performance if it becomes a distraction from studying or attending classes.
Additionally, addiction to gaming can have negative effects on mental health, including increased anxiety and depression.
Overall, it is important to maintain a balance between gaming and other responsibilities. Moderation is key, and individuals should prioritize their academic or work commitments before gaming.
A word about ADHD and league of legends
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as individuals with ADHD may interact with League of Legends in different ways depending on their specific symptoms and coping mechanisms. However, some research has suggested that people with ADHD may be drawn to video games as a way to manage their symptoms, as the fast-paced and engaging nature of gaming can provide a sense of stimulation and focus.
Additionally, individuals with ADHD may be more prone to impulsive decision-making and risk-taking, which could affect their gameplay style in League of Legends. Ultimately, it is important to remember that each individual’s experience with ADHD and their interactions with video games will be unique.
affecting your relationships
league of legends and self-esteem
League of Legends, like any other competitive multiplayer game, can have a significant impact on a player’s self-esteem. Here are a few ways in which League of Legends can affect self-esteem:
- 1. Winning and losing: Winning in League of Legends can boost a player’s self-esteem, making them feel accomplished and skilled. Conversely, losing can have the opposite effect, causing players to feel frustrated, disappointed, and demotivated.
- 2. Skill level: Players who are new to the game or lack experience may feel insecure about their skill level, which can affect their self-esteem. Conversely, players who are experienced and skilled may feel confident and proud of their abilities.
- 3. Toxicity: Toxic behavior from other players, such as verbal abuse or harassment, can have a negative impact on a player’s self-esteem. This toxicity can make players feel unwelcome, disliked, or inferior.
- 4. Comparisons: Players may compare themselves to others based on their rank, skill level, or achievements in the game. These comparisons can lead to feelings of inadequacy or inferiority.
In summary, League of Legends can have both positive and negative effects on a player’s self-esteem, depending on their experiences in the game. Players should be mindful of their reactions to winning and losing, be aware of toxic behavior, and avoid making unfair comparisons to others.
league of legends addiction leads to isolation and loneliness?
Yes, addiction to League of Legends can lead to isolation and loneliness. This is because individuals who are addicted to the game may spend excessive amounts of time playing, which can result in neglecting other important social and personal obligations.
Additionally, the game may become a primary source of social interaction, leading to less face-to-face interaction with family and friends. This can cause individuals to feel disconnected from others and result in feelings of loneliness and isolation. It is important to maintain a healthy balance between playing the game and engaging in other social and personal activities.
Effects of league of legends on your relationship
- 1. Shared interest: If both partners enjoy playing League of Legends, it can serve as a shared interest that can bring them closer together.
- 2. Socialization: Playing League of Legends can help couples socialize with other players and make new friends who share similar interests.
- 3. Teamwork and communication: Playing League of Legends requires teamwork and communication, which can improve these skills in a relationship.
- 4. Bonding experience: Overcoming challenges and winning matches together can be a bonding experience for couples.
- 1. Time consumption: Playing League of Legends can be time-consuming and may take away from quality time spent together.
- 2. Addiction: If one partner becomes addicted to playing League of Legends, it can negatively impact the relationship and their overall well-being.
- 3. Arguments: If one partner takes the game too seriously or becomes overly competitive, it can lead to arguments and tension in the relationship.
- 4. Neglect: If one partner becomes too focused on playing League of Legends, they may neglect other responsibilities and duties in the relationship.
How To Stop & quit Your league of legends Addiction
Finally you think you are addicted to league of legends and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for league of legends?
Here are the best solutions, steps, supports, resources and help you can get to treat your league of legends addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the league of legends addiction
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to get rid of a league of legends addiction may vary depending on the individual. However, some tips to get rid of a league of legends addiction may include setting limits on how much time is spent playing the game, seeking professional help, and avoiding triggers that may cause a person to relapse.
Actually, that’s what most documentation out there is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including league of legends:
1. Purge temptations: Get rid of league of legends
First, cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your league of legends accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up: