- What is the league of legends addiction?
- What is considered league of legends addiction?
- How much league of legends is too much?
- Some alarming league of legends addiction statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the league of legends addiction
- Symptoms & Signs of league of legends addiction
- Possible causes of league of legends dependency
- Why is league of legends so addictive?
- Problem, bad effects & consequences of league of legends
- creating general health problems
- affecting your brain & mental health
- affecting your relationships
- How to stop your league of legends addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the league of legends addiction
- Best league of legends blocker apps & software
- Best books to quit league of legends
- where to seek extra help?
Am I Addicted To league of legends?
Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions to Fortnite, Facebook, Instagram, porn, Netflix, Youtube, Tinder… (find them all here).
Today, let’s talk about the league of legends addiction.
About league of legends
League of Legends is a online battle arena video game developed and published by Riot Games for Microsoft Windows and macOS. The game consists of three current running game modes: Summoner’s Rift, Twisted Treeline, and Howling Abyss.
league of legends, a “real” addiction?
Officialy an addiction?
Let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes league of legends addiction?
There is no mention of league of legends addiction in the DSM-5.
So what is the league of legends addiction?
There is no definitive answer to this question as everyone experiences addiction differently. However, some common symptoms of addiction to League of Legends may include spending excessive amounts of time playing the game, neglecting other important aspects of life in favor of playing, and continuing to play despite negative consequences. If you or someone you know is exhibiting these behaviors, it is important to reach out for help.
What is considered league of legends addiction?
- 1. Preoccupation with playing League of Legends. This could be thinking about the game when you are not playing, or planning your next game while you are doing other things.
- 2. Neglecting other important aspects of your life in order to play League of Legends. This could be skipping work or school, or not spending time with family and friends in order to play.
- 3. Losing interest in other hobbies or activities that you used to enjoy in order to play League of Legends.
- 4. Continuing to play League of Legends despite negative consequences, such as losing a job or relationship.
- 5. needing to play League of Legends for longer and longer periods of time in order to feel satisfaction.
- 6. Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you are not playing League of Legends, such as irritability, anxiety, or depression.
How much league of legends is too much?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it varies from person to person. Some people may feel that they are spending too much time on League of Legends if they are neglecting their real-life responsibilities, such as work or school, in favor of playing the game. Others may be able to balance their time spent on League of Legends with their other commitments without feeling like they are spending too much time on the game. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide how much time is too much time spent on League of Legends.
Some alarming league of legends addiction statistics
There is no known cure for addiction to League of Legends, and the only thing that treatment can do is help the addict cope with their addiction and try to improve their gameplay.
Symptoms & Causes of the league of legends addiction
Why is league of legends so addictive?
There are many reasons why people find League of Legends addictive. For one, the game is very well designed and is always updated with new content to keep players engaged.
Additionally, the game is extremely competitive and requires a lot of strategic thinking and skill to master. Finally, the community of League of Legends players is very supportive and friendly, which makes the game even more enjoyable to play.
Possible causes of league of legends dependency
There is no one definitive answer to this question. Some people may become addicted to League of Legends because they enjoy the competitive nature of the game and the feeling of accomplishment they get from winning. Others may become addicted because they enjoy socializing with other players and forming in-game relationships. Still others may become addicted because they find the game to be a fun and entertaining way to spend their free time. Whatever the reason, addiction to League of Legends can be a very serious problem that can have detrimental effects on a person’s life.
Signs & Symptoms of league of legends addiction
- 1. You spend more time playing League of Legends than you do sleeping.
- 2. You can never get enough of playing League of Legends.
- 3. You have more friends in the League of Legends community than you do in real life.
- 4. You have memorized all of the item builds and strategies for all of the champions.
- 6. You find yourself thinking about League of Legends even when you’re not playing it.
- 7. You would do anything to improve your rank in the game.
Problem, consequences & bad effects of league of legends
What are some benefits of league of legends
- 1. It’s a very competitive game that requires skill and strategy to win.
- 2. There is a large variety of champions to choose from, which allows players to find ones that fit their playstyle.
- 3. The game is regularly updated with new content, keeping players engaged.
- 4. The community is very friendly and helpful, providing a great experience for all players.
But at the opposite, what can be some league of legends addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
There is no definitive answer to this question as everyone experiences different health effects while playing League of Legends. Some people may find that their mental and physical health improves while playing the game, while others may find that it has negative effects. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to determine how League of Legends affects their health.
affecting your brain & mental health
There is not much evidence to suggest that playing League of Legends has any negative effect on your brain. In fact, some research has suggested that playing the game can actually improve your cognitive skills.
Is league of legends bad for your mental health?
There is not a lot of research on the effects of playing League of Legends on mental health, but there are some potential risks. For example, because the game is so competitive, players may become anxious or stressed while playing. In addition, because the game requires quick thinking and reflexes, players may become frustrated if they are not able to perform well. This frustration can lead to negative emotions such as anger, sadness, or even depression. Finally, because League of Legends is an online game, players may be exposed to negative or hateful speech from other players. This exposure can lead to feelings of isolation, anxiety, or even depression.
affecting your relationship
It can be difficult to balance time spent playing League of Legends with time spent in a relationship. If one person is spending more time playing the game than the other, it can create tension. It’s important to communicate with your partner about how much time you’re both comfortable spending on the game, and to make sure you’re both getting enough time together.
How To Stop Your league of legends Addiction
So you think you are addicted to league of legends and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for league of legends ?
Here are the best solutions, steps, ressources and help you can get to treat your league of legends addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the league of legends addiction
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to get rid of a league of legends addiction may vary depending on the individual. However, some tips to get rid of a league of legends addiction may include setting limits on how much time is spent playing the game, seeking professional help, and avoiding triggers that may cause a person to relapse.
That’s what most documentation outhere is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including league of legends:
1. Purge temptations
Cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your league of legends accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up:
Click here if you want to see more of the Digital Purge!
2. Spot & Reveal your emotional triggers
There are some reasons, often hidden ones, that your brain and your heart love so much league of legends. Those reasons act as triggers to pull your cravings. Rather than chasing the addiction, it’s a more efficient strategy to look at the feelings driving you toward it. That way you can cure and heal the feeling. You’ll feel better and the cravings will magically disapear.
3. Rewire to life
An addiction FOMO (fear of missing out) can be huge and really painful to resist, especally if it was here for a long time. However learning to live with it is necessary to build a life full of peace and joy. Strategies to fight FOMO and rewire to life include meditation, nature activities, social interraction, intellectual and creative projects, meaningful adventures… basicaly anything that fill your soul.
4. How to not relapse and fully recover?
It may takes days, weeks, months or even years. You may relapse a few times, but the most important is that you keep engaging less and less with league of legends. Each day you resist to it is a day weakening your brain connections with league of legends. From your patience and discipline will arise incredible mind strength, hope and wisdom.
Best league of legends blocker apps & functionnalities
Additionally, you can limit or block access to league of legends using those apps:
Best books around league of legends
- 1. “League of Legends Addiction: The Ultimate Guide to quitting” by Mark J.
- 2. “The League of Legends Addiction Recovery Handbook” by Ryan M.
- 3. “How to Quit League of Legends: A Step-By-Step Guide” by James D.
- 4. “The League of Legends Way to Quit: A Game Plan for Recovery” by Tom F.
- 5. “The League of Legends 12-Step Program: A Game Plan for Recovery” by Chris G.
where to seek extra help?
Do you need some support and help to stop and overcome your league of legends addiction? If you or someone you know is struggling with league of legends addiction, there are a few places to seek help.
First, check our course The Digital Purge. This course has already helped many digital addicts to rewire to what matter. But other options also exist.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best place to seek help for league of legends addiction will vary depending on the individual’s circumstances. However, some places to consider seeking help include counseling, therapy, or support groups specifically for people with video game addictions.
I’m not going to lie, overcoming my addiction to League of Legends was really hard. I’m not going to sugarcoat it or try to make it sound like it was easy, because it wasn’t. It took a lot of hard work, dedication, and willpower. However, it was definitely worth it in the end. I’m now able to enjoy the game without being obsessed with it, and I’m a much happier person because of it. If you’re struggling with an addiction to League of Legends, know that you’re not alone and that it is possible to overcome it.
To go further, please check our course The Digital Purge.