- What is the fortnite addiction?
- What is considered fortnite addiction?
- How much fortnite is too much?
- Some alarming fortnite addiction statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the fortnite addiction
- Symptoms & Signs of fortnite addiction
- Possible causes of fortnite dependency
- Why is fortnite so addictive?
- Problem, bad effects & consequences of fortnite
- creating general health problems
- affecting your brain & mental health
- affecting your relationships
- How to stop your fortnite addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the fortnite addiction
- Best fortnite blocker apps & software
- Best books to quit fortnite
- where to seek extra help?
Am I Addicted To fortnite?
Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions to Fortnite, Facebook, Instagram, porn, Netflix, Youtube, Tinder… (find them all here).
Today, let’s talk about the fortnite addiction.
Fortnite is a free-to-play online video game developed by Epic Games and released in 2017. It is a cooperative survival game with a Battle Royale mode.
fortnite, a “real” addiction?
Officialy an addiction?
Let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes fortnite addiction?
There is no mention of Fortnite addiction in the DSM-5.
So what is the fortnite addiction?
There is no single answer to this question as everyone experiences addiction differently. However, in general, addiction can be defined as a compulsive and often damaging need to engage in a particular activity, despite the negative consequences it may have on one’s life. For some people, addiction to Fortnite may manifest as an inability to stop playing the game, even when it interferes with work, school, or relationships. Others may find that they are spending more money on in-game purchases than they can afford, or that they are neglecting important responsibilities in order to play. Whatever the form it takes, addiction can have a serious impact on an individual’s life, and it is important to seek professional help if you feel that you may be struggling with an addiction.
What is considered fortnite addiction?
- 1. Preoccupation with fortnite: Individuals who are addicted to fortnite may spend a large amount of time thinking about the game, planning their next game session, or talking to others about the game.
- 2. Loss of control: Individuals who are addicted to fortnite may feel that they cannot control their game-playing behavior, and may continue to play even when they are supposed to be doing other things.
- 3. Negative consequences: Individuals who are addicted to fortnite may experience negative consequences as a result of their game-playing behavior, such as poor performance at work or school, financial problems, or relationship difficulties.
- 4. Tolerance: Individuals who are addicted to fortnite may find that they need to play for longer periods of time or at higher levels to achieve the same level of satisfaction.
- 5. Withdrawal: Individuals who are addicted to fortnite may experience withdrawal symptoms when they stop playing the game, such as anxiety, irritability, or depression.
How much fortnite is too much?
There is no one answer to this question as everyone has different opinions. Some people may feel that spending any amount of time on Fortnite is too much, while others may be fine with spending several hours a day on the game. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide how much time is too much.
Some alarming fortnite addiction statistics
There is no definitive answer to this question as there is no formal diagnosis of Fortnite addiction. However, some experts estimate that as many as 1 in 10 people who play the game may be addicted to it. Symptoms of Fortnite addiction may include neglecting important real-life responsibilities in favor of playing the game, spending excessive amounts of time playing the game, and feeling unable to stop playing the game.
Symptoms & Causes of the fortnite addiction
Why is fortnite so addictive?
There are a number of reasons why Fortnite is so addictive. For one, the game is extremely competitive and encourages players to keep coming back for more.
Additionally, the game is free-to-play, which means that there is no barrier to entry for new players. Finally, the game is constantly updated with new content, which keeps players engaged.
Possible causes of fortnite dependency
There is no definitive answer to this question as everyone may have different reasons for becoming addicted to Fortnite. However, some possible causes could include the game’s engaging and addictive gameplay, social interaction with other players, and the sense of accomplishment and rewards that come from winning.
Signs & Symptoms of fortnite addiction
- 1. You spend more time thinking about Fortnite than anything else.
- 2. You can’t go more than a few hours without playing Fortnite.
- 3. You’re always talking about Fortnite with your friends.
- 4. You’ve started neglecting your other hobbies because of Fortnite.
- 5. You’re spending more money on Fortnite than you’d like to admit.
- 6. You’re starting to feel like you’re addicted to Fortnite.
- 7. You can’t imagine your life without Fortnite.
Problem, consequences & bad effects of fortnite
What are some benefits of fortnite
Some people may think that Fortnite is great because it is a free game that is constantly updated with new content. Others may find the building mechanics and destruction to be more interesting and entertaining than other games in the genre.
But at the opposite, what can be some fortnite addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
There is no definitive answer to this question as the health effects of playing Fortnite will vary from person to person. Some potential health effects that have been associated with playing video games like Fortnite include:
• neck pain
• eye strain
• carpal tunnel syndrome
• poor posture
• weight gain
• sleep problems
affecting your brain & mental health
Fortnite can have negative effects on your brain, especially if you play it for long periods of time. It can lead to problems with concentration and attention, and it can also cause you to feel anxious and stressed. You may also experience sleep problems, headaches, and dizziness.
Is fortnite bad for your mental health?
There is not enough research to definitively say what the long-term effects of playing Fortnite may be. However, some experts have suggested that it could lead to increases in anxiety and depression, as well as problems with attention and concentration.
Additionally, the game can be quite addictive, which could lead to issues with time management and social interaction.
affecting your relationship
If you are in a relationship, spending too much time on Fortnite can affect it. You may find yourself neglecting your partner in favor of the game or spending more time arguing about it. The game can also cause you to withdraw from socializing with friends and family.
How To Stop Your fortnite Addiction
So you think you are addicted to fortnite and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for fortnite ?
Here are the best solutions, steps, ressources and help you can get to treat your fortnite addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the fortnite addiction
- 1. Recognizing that there is a problem and that help is needed.
- 2. Seeking professional help from a therapist or counselor who specializes in treating addictions.
- 3. Participating in a treatment program designed to help people overcome their addictions.
- 4. Making lifestyle changes to support recovery, such as eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and avoiding triggers that can lead to relapse.
- 5. Building a support system of family and friends who can offer encouragement and help during difficult times.
That’s what most documentation outhere is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including fortnite:
1. Purge temptations
Cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your fortnite accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up:
Click here if you want to see more of the Digital Purge!
2. Spot & Reveal your emotional triggers
There are some reasons, often hidden ones, that your brain and your heart love so much fortnite. Those reasons act as triggers to pull your cravings. Rather than chasing the addiction, it’s a more efficient strategy to look at the feelings driving you toward it. That way you can cure and heal the feeling. You’ll feel better and the cravings will magically disapear.
3. Rewire to life
An addiction FOMO (fear of missing out) can be huge and really painful to resist, especally if it was here for a long time. However learning to live with it is necessary to build a life full of peace and joy. Strategies to fight FOMO and rewire to life include meditation, nature activities, social interraction, intellectual and creative projects, meaningful adventures… basicaly anything that fill your soul.
4. How to not relapse and fully recover?
It may takes days, weeks, months or even years. You may relapse a few times, but the most important is that you keep engaging less and less with fortnite. Each day you resist to it is a day weakening your brain connections with fortnite. From your patience and discipline will arise incredible mind strength, hope and wisdom.
Best fortnite blocker apps & functionnalities
Additionally, you can limit or block access to fortnite using those apps:
- 1. Parental controls for iOS devices
- 2. net Nanny
- 3. Kaspersky Safe Kids
- 4. Qustodio
- 5. Screen Time
Best books around fortnite
- 1. “Fortnite Addiction: How to Overcome Your Obsession with the Game” by James D. Salyers
- 2. “How to Break Your Fortnite Addiction” by Anthony Bevilacqua
- 3. “Fortnite Addiction: A Parent’s Guide” by Ryan Van Cleave
- 4. “How to Quit Playing Fortnite” by Nate Jackson
- 5. “Fortnite: Battle Royale Master Guide” by BradyGames
where to seek extra help?
Do you need some support and help to stop and overcome your fortnite addiction? If you or someone you know is struggling with fortnite addiction, there are a few places to seek help.
First, check our course The Digital Purge. This course has already helped many digital addicts to rewire to what matter. But other options also exist.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. Some people may find self-help groups or therapy helpful, while others may prefer to seek help from a doctor or other medical professional.
It’s not easy overcoming any addiction, but it’s definitely possible with hard work and determination. Just like anything else in life, it’s going to take time and effort to wean yourself off of Fortnite. However, it’ll be worth it in the end when you’re free from the addiction and can live your life to the fullest.
To go further, please check our course The Digital Purge.