Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions toFortnite,Facebook,Instagram,porn,Netflix, Youtube,Tinder… Findall the posts about digital addiction. Today, let’s talk about how to quit the fifa addiction.
- What’s the fifa addiction?
- Addiction to fifa, a “real” addiction?
- What’s considered fifa addiction
- How much fifa is too much?
- Some Video games addiction facts & statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the fifa addiction
- Why is fifa so addictive?
- Possible causes of fifa dependency
- Symptoms, Causes and Signs of fifa addiction
- Problems, impacts & bad effects of fifa
- Some benefits of fifa
- health problems
- impact on brain & mental health
- impact on relationships
- How to stop & quit your fifa addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the fifa addiction
- Best fifa blocker apps & functionalities
- where to seek extra help?
- To Go Further
- How to help someone with fifa addiction
- Best books about Video games addiction
- Research about Video games addiction
What is the fifa addiction?
FIFA stands for Federation Internationale de Football Association and is the global governing body of football/soccer. It is responsible for organizing international tournaments such as the World Cup.
Addiction to fifa, a “real” addiction?
Officially an addiction?
First, let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes fifa addiction?
No, FIFA addiction is not listed in the DSM-5.
So what means “fifa addiction”?
FIFA addiction is a term used to describe a person’s extreme obsession with the FIFA video game series. People who are addicted to the game may spend countless hours playing it, often neglecting other activities, such as school, work, and socializing. Those who are addicted may also experience feelings of restlessness or irritability when they are not able to play the game.
What is considered fifa addiction?
- 1. Spending excessive amounts of time playing FIFA games.
- 2. Becoming preoccupied with the game, such that it begins to interfere with other aspects of life.
- 3. Neglecting personal hygiene and other responsibilities due to playing FIFA.
- 4. Withdrawing from friends and family in order to play FIFA.
- 5. Experiencing feelings of guilt or shame when not playing FIFA.
- 6. Becoming irritable and isolated when not playing FIFA.
- 7. Experiencing physical symptoms such as headaches and fatigue due to lack of sleep or poor nutrition while playing FIFA.
- 8. Becoming obsessed with the game, such that it is the most important activity in one’s life.
How much fifa is too much?
It depends on the individual. Some people find that spending a few hours a week playing FIFA is a fun and enjoyable way to spend their time. Others may find that spending too much time on FIFA can lead to addiction, neglect of other responsibilities, and psychological issues. Ultimately, it is up to an individual to decide how much time is too much.
Some Video games addiction facts & statistics
Video game addiction, also known as gaming disorder, is a relatively new phenomenon and the statistics vary depending on the source and definition of addiction. Here are some statistics related to video game addiction:
1. According to a survey conducted by the Entertainment Software Association, 65% of American adults play video games, and the average age of a video gamer is 35 years old.
2. According to a study published in the Journal of Adolescent Health, approximately 8.5% of adolescents in the United States meet the criteria for video game addiction.
3. The World Health Organization (WHO) included gaming disorder as a diagnosable conditionin the 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11.. The WHO estimates that gaming disorder affects 3-4% of gamers.
4. According to a study published in the Journal of Medical Internet Research, gamers who play for more than 40 hours per week are more likely to report depression, anxiety, and lower overall life satisfaction.
5. A study conducted by the University of Oxford found that playing video games for less than an hour per day was associated with higher levels of well-being, while those who played for more than three hours per day had lower levels of well-being.
It is important to note that not all video game usage is considered addiction, and many people are able to enjoy video games in a healthy and balanced way.
Is the fifa addiction widespread?
FIFA is a popular video game with a large following, and like any addictive activity, there are likely some individuals who struggle with compulsive gaming behaviors related to FIFA. It’s important for individuals to monitor their gaming habits and seek help if they feel they are struggling with addiction.
Symptoms, Causes and Signs of fifa addiction
Why is fifa so addictive?
FIFA is an incredibly popular video game that is addictive for many reasons. It offers an intense, immersive experience with realistic graphics, sound and gameplay. The game also features a wide variety of teams, players and modes, allowing players to customize their experience to their liking.
Additionally, FIFA is a competitive game that allows players to challenge each other and climb up the leaderboard rankings. Finally, the game is constantly evolving, adding new features and content to keep players engaged for longer.
Possible causes of fifa dependency
- 1. The Competitive Nature: FIFA has a highly competitive environment which encourages players to outperform each other. This can lead to a sense of satisfaction and enjoyment when you win, as well as a desire to keep playing and improving.
- 2. The Social Aspect: The game is made more enjoyable by playing with friends or online. This leads to more social interaction, which can lead to an increase in the amount of time spent playing the game.
- 3. The Rewards: The rewards and incentives within the game encourage players to keep playing and competing. The rewards can range from in-game rewards (such as coins, avatars, and virtual items) to real-world rewards such as trophies and prizes.
- 4. The Immersion: The graphics and animations in FIFA are among the best in the gaming market, and the sound effects and commentary make the game feel real. The feeling of being part of a virtual football match can add to the overall experience.
- 5. The Ease of Access: FIFA is very accessible as it is available on multiple platforms, such as consoles, PCs and mobile devices. This makes it easy to access and play at any time.
Signs & Symptoms of fifa addiction
Now let’s see if you have the fifa addiction problem.
- 1. You spend hours playing FIFA online and offline.
- 2. You talk about FIFA all the time.
- 3. You have an extensive knowledge of FIFA rules and regulations.
- 4. You can’t help but talk about the latest transfer news.
- 5. You make sure to watch or attend every major FIFA tournament.
- 6. You constantly compare yourself to other FIFA players.
- 7. You have multiple accounts and teams in FIFA Ultimate Team.
Problems, impacts & bad effects of fifa: should you quit?
What are some benefits of fifa
FIFA is the world’s most popular video game series and has been around since
- 1993. It is the most successful and popular soccer video game series of all time, with almost every release becoming an instant hit.
Pros and Advantages of FIFA:
- 1. It has a realistic game play, with excellent graphics and animations that make it feel almost like you’re playing an actual soccer match.
- 2. You can play with teams from all around the world, giving you a huge selection of players to choose from.
- 3. You can pick from hundreds of different leagues and tournaments to play in.
- 4. You can customize your team’s kit, badge and stadium, giving you a unique and personal feel to the game.
- 5. It has a great career mode and manager mode, allowing you to run your own team and compete against other teams.
- 6. The Ultimate Team mode allows you to create a dream team of players from any league and compete in online tournaments.
- 7. There is an online mode, where you can compete against other players around the world.
- 8. The game has regularly updated content, with new players, teams and tournaments added every year.
- 9. It has an AI system that makes the game feel realistic and complex.
- 10. It has a great community of players and fans, who are always willing to help each other out.
But at the opposite, what can be some fifa addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
- 1. Increased Risk of Injury: FIFA is a very physically demanding sport and players are at risk of getting injured during gameplay. This can include sprains, strains, fractures, and more serious injuries such as concussions.
- 2. Muscular Imbalance: FIFA requires players to use certain muscles more than others and this can lead to a muscular imbalance. This can cause pain, stiffness, and even increase the risk of injury.
- 3. Stress and Fatigue: FIFA can be a very intense and competitive sport, and it can cause a lot of stress and fatigue. This can lead to exhaustion, irritability, and even burnout.
- 4. Poor Mental Health: Constant competition and the need to win can take a toll on mental health. This can lead to increased levels of anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues.
fifa and sleep disorder
It is unlikely that FIFA (or any video game) can directly cause sleep disorders or sleep problems. However, it is important to note that excessive use of electronic devices, including playing video games, can disrupt sleep patterns and make it harder to fall asleep. The blue light emitted by screens can interfere with the production of melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep.
Additionally, playing stimulating games close to bedtime can make it harder to relax and fall asleep. It is important to establish healthy sleep habits, including limiting screen time before bedtime, to promote good sleep hygiene.
fifa affecting your brain & mental health: bad for brain and mental health?
Some effects of fifa on your brain
- 1. Reduced Attention Span: Playing FIFA for long periods of time can cause players to lose focus and become less attentive. This can lead to poor performance in school, work or other activities.
- 2. Reduced Social Interaction: Spending time playing FIFA can lead to reduced social interaction, as players may become less interested in socializing with other people.
- 3. Reduced Cognitive Performance: Playing FIFA can cause players to become less cognitively agile, as they may become less capable of responding to different situations quickly.
- 4. Increased Aggression: Playing FIFA can lead to increased aggression, as players become used to competing in a virtual environment and take out their frustrations in the real world.
- 5. Increased Risk of Addiction: As with any game or activity, there is a risk of becoming addicted to FIFA if it is played for too long or too often. This can lead to serious problems, such as neglecting other responsibilities or poor performance in school or work.
Some effects of fifa on your mental health
FIFA can have a detrimental effect on one’s mental health. The pressure to win and the competition can cause anxiety, stress, and depression. The game can also lead to obsessive behavior, as players become overly fixated on the game.
Additionally, players may become isolated as they focus more on the game than on socializing with friends and family. Finally, playing FIFA can cause players to become overly competitive, which can lead to aggressive and even violent outbursts.
Does fifa cause stress and anxiety?
Yes, playing FIFA (or any video game) for an extended period of time or in a competitive setting can cause stress or anxiety for some individuals. The pressure to win, the frustration of losing, and the intensity of the game can all contribute to feelings of stress and anxiety.
Additionally, if playing FIFA interferes with other important activities or responsibilities, it can also cause feelings of guilt and anxiety. It is important to balance gaming with other activities and take breaks when feeling overwhelmed.
Can fifa addiction lead to sadness and depression?
Yes, FIFA addiction can lead to sadness and depression. Addiction to any activity or substance can have negative effects on mental health, and video game addiction is no exception. When someone becomes addicted to FIFA, they may spend excessive amounts of time playing the game, which can lead to social isolation, neglect of responsibilities, and a lack of physical activity. This can lead to feelings of sadness and depression.
Additionally, FIFA addiction can lead to a sense of frustration and anger when the player is not performing well or losing games. This can further exacerbate feelings of sadness and depression. It is important to seek help if you or someone you know is struggling with addiction to FIFA or any other video game.
Dopamine and fifa
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that plays a key role in the brain’s reward and pleasure centers. It is associated with feelings of pleasure, motivation, and reinforcement.
FIFA is a popular video game that simulates the experience of playing soccer. It is known for its competitive gameplay and realistic graphics, which can be highly engaging for players.
When playing FIFA, the brain releases dopamine in response to positive experiences such as scoring a goal, winning a match, or unlocking a new achievement. This release of dopamine can create a feeling of pleasure and satisfaction, which may encourage players to continue playing the game.
However, excessive or prolonged gaming can also lead to addiction and negative effects on mental health, such as anxiety and depression. It is important to balance gaming with other healthy activities and to be mindful of the potential risks.
fifa effects on Focus, productivity, attention span, academic performance…
Playing FIFA itself is not likely to have a significant impact on focus, productivity, attention span, or academic performance. However, playing FIFA for long periods of time could lead to a lack of sleep, which could then impact these areas.
Additionally, if playing FIFA becomes a distraction from other important tasks or responsibilities, it could also have negative effects on productivity and academic performance. It is important to find a balance and limit the amount of time spent playing FIFA to avoid any negative impacts.
A word about ADHD and fifa
People with ADHD may interact with FIFA (or any video game) differently than those without ADHD. They may be more easily distracted or have difficulty focusing on the game for extended periods of time. They may also be more impulsive and prone to making quick decisions without fully considering the consequences, which can lead to mistakes or poor gameplay. However, some people with ADHD may also find video games to be a helpful outlet for their hyperactivity and a way to improve their focus and attention span. It ultimately depends on the individual and how their ADHD affects their gaming experience.
affecting your relationships
fifa and self-esteem
FIFA can affect self-esteem in a number of ways. Here are a few examples:
1. Winning: Winning a game in FIFA can provide a sense of accomplishment and boost self-esteem. It can make the player feel more confident in their abilities and increase their belief in themselves.
2. Losing: Losing a game in FIFA can negatively affect self-esteem, especially if the player is highly invested in the game. It can make the player feel inferior and doubt their skills, leading to a decrease in self-esteem.
3. Social comparison: FIFA is often played with other people, either online or in person. This can lead to social comparison, where players compare themselves to others and judge their own worth based on how they stack up against others. This can either boost or decrease self-esteem, depending on how the player perceives themselves in comparison to others.
Overall, FIFA can have a complex effect on self-esteem, with both positive and negative outcomes depending on the individual and their experiences with the game.
fifa addiction leads to isolation and loneliness?
Yes, excessive FIFA addiction can lead to isolation and loneliness. When a person becomes addicted to playing FIFA, they may spend long hours alone playing the game, neglecting their social life and relationships with family and friends. This can lead to feelings of loneliness and isolation as they become disconnected from their loved ones.
Additionally, spending too much time playing FIFA can lead to a lack of social skills and difficulty in building new relationships, further exacerbating feelings of isolation. It is important to maintain a healthy balance between playing FIFA and engaging in social activities to prevent the negative effects of addiction.
Effects of fifa on your relationship
- 1. Shared interest: If both partners are football fans and enjoy playing or watching FIFA together, it can be a great bonding experience and a way to share a common interest.
- 2. Teamwork and communication: FIFA requires communication and teamwork, which can be beneficial for couples who want to improve their communication and cooperation skills.
- 3. Stress relief: Playing FIFA can be a fun and stress-relieving activity for couples who want to unwind and have some fun together.
- 1. Time-consuming: If one partner spends too much time playing FIFA, it can lead to neglect of the relationship and other responsibilities.
- 2. Competitive nature: FIFA can be a highly competitive game, which can lead to arguments and conflicts between partners who take the game too seriously.
- 3. Addiction: If one partner becomes addicted to FIFA, it can negatively impact their relationship and lead to neglect of other aspects of life.
How To Stop & quit Your fifa Addiction
Finally you think you are addicted to fifa and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for fifa?
Here are the best solutions, steps, supports, resources and help you can get to treat your fifa addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the fifa addiction
- 1. Recognize the signs of addiction. It’s important to be aware of the signs of addiction and to recognize that you may have a problem.
- 2. Reach out for help. Talk to your friends, family, or a professional about your addiction.
- 3. Change your environment. Don’t give yourself the opportunity to play FIFA. Avoid places where the game is available, such as friends’ houses, arcades, and gaming shops.
- 4. Find an alternate activity. Find something else to do to replace the time and energy you were using to play FIFA. This could be exercise, reading, or a hobby.
- 5. Practice self-care. Make sure to take care of your mental and physical health. Eat healthy, exercise, and get enough sleep.
- 6. Seek professional help. If you feel like you can’t control your addiction on your own, consider speaking to a mental health professional.
Actually, that’s what most documentation out there is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including fifa:
1. Purge temptations: Get rid of fifa
First, cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your fifa accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up: