Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions toFortnite,Facebook,Instagram,porn,Netflix, Youtube,Tinder… Findall the posts about digital addiction. Today, let’s talk about how to quit the death stranding addiction.
- What’s the death stranding addiction?
- Addiction to death stranding, a “real” addiction?
- What’s considered death stranding addiction
- How much death stranding is too much?
- Some video games addiction facts & statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the death stranding addiction
- Why is death stranding so addictive?
- Possible causes of death stranding dependency
- Symptoms, Causes and Signs of death stranding addiction
- Problems, impacts & bad effects of death stranding
- Some benefits of death stranding
- health problems
- impact on brain & mental health
- impact on relationships
- How to stop & quit your death stranding addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the death stranding addiction
- Best death stranding blocker apps & functionalities
- where to seek extra help?
- To Go Further
- How to help someone with death stranding addiction
- Best books about video games addiction
- Research about video games addiction
What is the death stranding addiction?
About death stranding
Death Stranding is a video game about reconnecting a fractured society by delivering cargo across a post-apocalyptic world.
Addiction to death stranding, a “real” addiction?
Officially an addiction?
First, let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes death stranding addiction?
No, death stranding addiction is not listed in the DSM-5.
So what means “death stranding addiction”?
Death Stranding addiction is a phenomenon in which people become addicted to the video game Death Stranding. The game, which was released in 2019, has a complex storyline and intense gameplay that has been described as “immersive” and “addictive”. People often become so engrossed in the game that they have difficulty focusing on anything else, and may experience withdrawal symptoms when they try to take a break.
What is considered death stranding addiction?
- 1. Spending excessive amounts of time playing Death Stranding
- 2. Preoccupation with Death Stranding in conversations and daydreams
- 3. Neglecting other activities and relationships because of Death Stranding
- 4. Experiencing difficulty in cutting back on or quitting Death Stranding
- 5. Feeling irritable when unable to play Death Stranding
- 6. Developing tolerance for the game, needing to play more to achieve the same level of satisfaction
- 7. Lying about how much time is spent playing Death Stranding
- 8. Continuing to play Death Stranding despite the occurrence of negative consequences
How much death stranding is too much?
That depends on the individual. Everyone is different and has different levels of tolerance for video games. If you start to feel overwhelmed or overly stressed playing Death Stranding, it may be time to take a break.
Some video games addiction facts & statistics
Video game addiction, also known as gaming disorder, is a relatively new phenomenon and the statistics vary depending on the source and definition of addiction. Here are some statistics related to video game addiction:
1. According to a survey conducted by the Entertainment Software Association, 65% of American adults play video games, and the average age of a video gamer is 35 years old.
2. According to a study published in the Journal of Adolescent Health, approximately 8.5% of adolescents in the United States meet the criteria for video game addiction.
3. The World Health Organization (WHO) included gaming disorder as a diagnosable conditionin the 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11.. The WHO estimates that gaming disorder affects 3-4% of gamers.
4. According to a study published in the Journal of Medical Internet Research, gamers who play for more than 40 hours per week are more likely to report depression, anxiety, and lower overall life satisfaction.
5. A study conducted by the University of Oxford found that playing video games for less than an hour per day was associated with higher levels of well-being, while those who played for more than three hours per day had lower levels of well-being.
It is important to note that not all video game usage is considered addiction, and many people are able to enjoy video games in a healthy and balanced way.
Is the death stranding addiction widespread?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as it ultimately depends on how one defines addiction and what criteria are used to measure it. However, it is fair to say that Death Stranding has been very popular among gamers, and many people have reported spending a significant amount of time playing the game. Some players may become so absorbed in the game that they prioritize it over other aspects of their lives, which could potentially be considered a form of addiction. However, it is important to remember that not everyone who plays Death Stranding or any other video game is addicted, and that the vast majority of players are able to enjoy the game in a healthy and balanced way.
Symptoms, Causes and Signs of death stranding addiction
Why is death stranding so addictive?
Death Stranding is a highly immersive experience that rewards players for exploring its world. It has an engaging narrative and a unique style, as well as a deep and rewarding character customization system. Players can also use the game’s online features to connect with other players, share their experiences and collaborate on tasks. All of these elements combine to create a captivating experience that draws players in and keeps them hooked.
Possible causes of death stranding dependency
- 1. Lack of Self Control: People can become addicted to Death Stranding through a lack of self-control when it comes to playing the game. It can be easy to become excessively immersed in the game and lose track of time, leading to addiction.
- 2. Social Interaction: Death Stranding offers an immersive social experience that can be difficult to find in other games. The game allows players to form bonds with their fellow players, which can lead to an addiction to the game.
- 3. Stress Relief: Playing Death Stranding can be a form of stress relief for some players, which can lead to an unhealthy reliance on the game. When dealing with difficult life situations, some players may turn to Death Stranding as a form of escape, leading to addiction.
- 4. Fear of Missing Out: Players may become addicted to Death Stranding out of fear of missing out on the latest developments in the game. This fear can lead to players spending excessive amounts of time playing the game, which can lead to addiction.
Signs & Symptoms of death stranding addiction
Now let’s see if you have the death stranding addiction problem.
- 1. You find yourself talking about the game all the time.
- 2. You can’t wait for the release of the game.
- 3. You constantly think about the characters and storylines in the game.
- 4. You watch trailers, interviews and gameplay footage just to get a glimpse of what the game may be like.
- 5. You’ve pre-ordered the game and you can’t wait to get your hands on it.
- 6. You follow the developers and actors on social media.
- 7. You get excited every time a new piece of information is released about the game.
Problems, impacts & bad effects of death stranding: should you quit?
What are some benefits of death stranding
- 1. Unique Storytelling and Gameplay: Death Stranding features a unique and captivating storyline, one which is both emotionally engaging and full of thought-provoking ideas. The game also features revolutionary gameplay mechanics, which allow players to experience an engrossing experience while exploring a vast, strange world.
- 2. Innovative and Engaging Multiplayer: Death Stranding allows players to build connections with friends and other players, allowing for a more engaging experience. By connecting with other players, it adds a new layer of strategy and cooperation to the game.
- 3. Advanced Technology: Death Stranding uses groundbreaking technologies to create a visually stunning world, with realistic lighting and detailed environments. The game also uses realistic physics and advanced AI to create a believable, living world.
- 4. Incredible Soundtrack: Death Stranding features a beautiful and moving soundtrack, composed by the legendary composer Ludvig Forssell.
- 5. Social Interaction: Death Stranding encourages players to interact with each other, by allowing them to create bridges and leave helpful items around the world. This fosters a sense of community and encourages players to work together.
Overall, Death Stranding is a unique, innovative, and captivating experience, offering something truly special to gamers of all types. It features revolutionary gameplay mechanics, an engaging story, advanced technology, and a beautiful soundtrack, making it a must-play game.But at the opposite, what can be some death stranding addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
The effects of Death Stranding on your health will depend on how much time you spend playing the game. If you are playing for extended periods of time, there is a risk of developing physical fatigue, eyestrain, and headaches. There is also the potential for developing mental health issues such as anxiety and depression. In addition, the game can also have a negative impact on your sleep patterns, as well as potentially increasing stress levels.
death stranding and sleep disorder
Playing video games, including Death Stranding, can disrupt sleep patterns and lead to sleep problems if played late at night or for extended periods. It is recommended that individuals establish a consistent sleep schedule and limit screen time before bedtime to improve sleep quality. If you experience persistent sleep problems, it is best to consult a healthcare professional.
death stranding affecting your brain & mental health: bad for brain and mental health?
Some effects of death stranding on your brain
- 1. Increased Stress and Anxiety: Death Stranding can increase stress and anxiety levels due to the intense action and suspense of the game. It can also be a source of frustration due to the difficulty of completing missions or puzzles.
- 2. Reduced Attention Span: Playing Death Stranding for long periods of time can reduce your attention span, as it requires intense concentration and focus.
- 3. Increased Aggression: Playing Death Stranding can cause an increase in aggression, as gamers can become frustrated when they fail to complete missions or puzzles.
- 4. Isolation: Playing Death Stranding can lead to increased isolation, as the game requires intense concentration and focus, and may prevent players from engaging in social activities.
Some effects of death stranding on your mental health
- 1. Increased Anxiety: Death Stranding can be an intense game with many difficult situations. This can lead to increased anxiety levels, as players are constantly under pressure to succeed and make the right decisions.
- 2. Stress: Death Stranding can be a very stressful game, as the player is constantly juggling missions, resources, and time. This can lead to feelings of stress, particularly if the player is not able to complete a task in time or fails to achieve their goals.
- 3. Isolation: Death Stranding is a solitary game, as the player is often alone in the world. This can lead to feelings of isolation and loneliness, as the player has no one to interact with.
- 4. Depersonalization: Death Stranding can be a very immersive game, and players can become so invested in the game that they start to feel detached from reality. This can lead to feelings of depersonalization, or a sense that the world around them is not real.
Does death stranding cause stress and anxiety?
It is possible for Death Stranding, like any form of media, to cause stress or anxiety in some individuals. The game is known for its atmospheric and often unsettling environments, as well as its themes of isolation and connection in a post-apocalyptic world.
Additionally, the gameplay mechanics, such as managing inventory and navigating difficult terrain, can be challenging and add to the overall sense of tension in the game. However, it is important to note that individual experiences may vary and what causes stress or anxiety for one person may not have the same effect on another. It is always important to prioritize self-care and take breaks if needed while playing any form of media that may be causing distress.
Can death stranding addiction lead to sadness and depression?
Yes, it is possible for an addiction to Death Stranding, or any video game, to lead to sadness and depression. When someone becomes addicted to a video game, they may neglect other aspects of their life, such as socializing, exercising, and maintaining healthy relationships, which can lead to feelings of isolation and loneliness.
Additionally, playing video games for long periods of time can disrupt sleep patterns and cause physical and mental exhaustion, which can contribute to feelings of sadness and depression. It is important to maintain a healthy balance between gaming and other aspects of life to prevent negative impacts on mental health.
Dopamine and death stranding
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that plays a role in regulating movement, motivation, and reward. In the video game Death Stranding, dopamine plays a key role in the gameplay mechanics. As the player completes tasks and makes progress in the game, their brain releases dopamine, which creates a sense of pleasure and motivation to continue playing.
In the game’s story, the concept of dopamine is also explored through the concept of “DOOMS” – a fictional condition that allows certain characters to sense the presence of the game’s supernatural enemies. This ability is directly linked to the release of dopamine in the brain, which is triggered by the presence of the enemies.
Overall, dopamine plays a significant role in both the gameplay and narrative elements of Death Stranding.
death stranding effects on Focus, productivity, attention span, academic performance…
Excessive gaming or screen time can have negative effects on physical and mental health, including disrupted sleep patterns and decreased physical activity, which can indirectly impact academic performance and productivity. It is important to balance gaming with other activities and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
A word about ADHD and death stranding
There is no clear answer to this question as everyone with ADHD is unique and may interact differently with video games like Death Stranding. However, there are some common traits and tendencies associated with ADHD that may affect how someone interacts with the game.
For example, people with ADHD may struggle with sustained attention and may find it difficult to focus on the game for extended periods of time. They may also be more impulsive and prone to taking risks in the game, which could lead to both positive and negative outcomes.
Additionally, people with ADHD may struggle with executive functioning skills such as planning and organization, which could make it harder for them to navigate the complex world of Death Stranding.
On the other hand, people with ADHD may also be more creative and innovative in their approach to the game, coming up with unique solutions to problems that other players may not consider. They may also thrive on the fast-paced, action-packed nature of the game, finding it engaging and stimulating.
Overall, it is difficult to generalize how people with ADHD will interact with Death Stranding as it will depend on the individual and their specific strengths and challenges.
affecting your relationships
death stranding and self-esteem
We can provide some general information on how video games, including Death Stranding, can potentially affect self-esteem.
Video games can have both positive and negative effects on self-esteem. On one hand, playing video games can provide a sense of accomplishment and mastery when the player successfully completes a level or task. This can boost self-esteem and confidence.
On the other hand, some video games, including Death Stranding, can be challenging and require a lot of time and effort to progress. If a player is not able to succeed in the game, it can lead to frustration and a decrease in self-esteem.
Additionally, if a player becomes too invested in the game and neglects other areas of their life such as work, relationships, and self-care, it can also negatively impact their self-esteem.
Overall, the impact of Death Stranding on self-esteem can vary depending on the individual player’s experience and relationship with the game.
death stranding addiction leads to isolation and loneliness?
Yes, it is possible for addiction to Death Stranding, or any video game, to lead to isolation and loneliness. When someone becomes addicted to a video game, they may spend excessive amounts of time playing it, often at the expense of socializing with friends and family. This can lead to feelings of loneliness and isolation, as well as a lack of social support and a decreased sense of belonging. It is important for individuals who struggle with addiction to seek help and support in order to avoid these negative consequences.
Effects of death stranding on your relationship
- 1. Shared Interest: If both partners are gamers or interested in gaming, playing Death Stranding together can strengthen their bond and provide a shared interest to discuss and enjoy.
- 2. Collaboration: Death Stranding requires players to work together and collaborate, which can improve communication and teamwork between partners.
- 3. Stress Relief: Playing video games can be a great stress reliever, and Death Stranding’s immersive world and storyline can help partners unwind and relax together.
- 1. Time Consumption: Playing video games can be time-consuming, and if one partner spends too much time playing Death Stranding, it can lead to neglecting the relationship and other responsibilities.
- 2. Conflict: If one partner is more invested in the game or is better at it, it can create a power dynamic or feelings of jealousy and competition that can lead to conflict.
- 3. Addiction: Video game addiction is a real concern, and if one partner becomes addicted to Death Stranding or other video games, it can have a negative impact on their relationship and overall well-being.
How To Stop & quit Your death stranding Addiction
Finally you think you are addicted to death stranding and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for death stranding?
Here are the best solutions, steps, supports, resources and help you can get to treat your death stranding addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the death stranding addiction
- 1. Admit that you are addicted and need help.
- 2. Set realistic goals for reducing your game time.
- 3. Find other activities to replace gaming time.
- 4. Talk to friends and family about your addiction.
- 5. Find a support group or therapist who specializes in gaming addiction.
- 6. Make a plan to manage your time better.
- 7. Seek professional help if needed.
- 8. Avoid triggers that may cause you to relapse.
- 9. Reward yourself for progress made.
- 10. Stay focused on your goals and continue to make changes in your life.
Actually, that’s what most documentation out there is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including death stranding:
1. Purge temptations: Get rid of death stranding
First, cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your death stranding accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up: