Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions toFortnite,Facebook,Instagram,porn,Netflix, Youtube,Tinder… Findall the posts about digital addiction. Today, let’s talk about how to quit the coin master addiction.
- What’s the coin master addiction?
- Addiction to coin master, a “real” addiction?
- What’s considered coin master addiction
- How much coin master is too much?
- Some Online entertainment addiction facts & statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the coin master addiction
- Why is coin master so addictive?
- Possible causes of coin master dependency
- Symptoms, Causes and Signs of coin master addiction
- Problems, impacts & bad effects of coin master
- Some benefits of coin master
- health problems
- impact on brain & mental health
- impact on relationships
- How to stop & quit your coin master addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the coin master addiction
- Best coin master blocker apps & functionalities
- where to seek extra help?
- To Go Further
- How to help someone with coin master addiction
- Best books about Online entertainment addiction
- Research about Online entertainment addiction
What is the coin master addiction?
About coin master
Coin Master is a mobile game where players collect coins and spins to build their own village, earn rewards and attack other players’ villages to steal their resources.
Addiction to coin master, a “real” addiction?
Officially an addiction?
First, let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes coin master addiction?
No, coin master addiction is not listed in the DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition) as a specific disorder. However, it is possible that the symptoms associated with excessive gameplay, such as compulsive behavior, loss of control, and social impairment, could be indicative of an underlying addiction or other mental health condition. It is important to seek professional help if you or someone you know is experiencing negative consequences related to coin master gameplay.
So what means “coin master addiction”?
Coin Master addiction refers to a compulsive behavior of playing the mobile game Coin Master for extended periods of time, often neglecting other responsibilities and daily activities. The game involves spinning a virtual slot machine to earn coins and build villages, which can be attacked and raided by other players. The addictive nature of the game is attributed to its reward system, social features, and constant updates and events that keep players engaged and motivated to progress. Coin Master addiction can have negative impacts on mental and physical health, social relationships, and financial stability.
What is considered coin master addiction?
- 1. Preoccupation: The individual spends a lot of time thinking about playing Coin Master and planning their next moves. They may prioritize playing the game over other activities, such as work or socializing.
- 2. Tolerance: The individual needs to play for longer periods of time or spend more money in order to get the same level of enjoyment or satisfaction from the game.
- 3. Withdrawal symptoms: The individual experiences negative emotions or physical symptoms (such as irritability, anxiety, or restlessness) when they are not able to play Coin Master.
- 4. Loss of control: The individual has difficulty limiting their playing time or spending money on the game. They may continue to play even when it is causing problems in their personal or professional life.
- 5. Interference with daily life: The individual’s addiction to Coin Master has a negative impact on their daily life, such as causing them to neglect responsibilities or relationships.
- 6. Continued use despite negative consequences: The individual continues to play Coin Master even when it is causing financial, social, or emotional problems.
- 7. Deception: The individual hides or lies about their playing habits, such as the amount of time or money they spend on the game, from family and friends.
- 8. Escapism: The individual uses Coin Master as a way to escape from reality and cope with stress or negative emotions.
How much coin master is too much?
If playing Coin Master starts to interfere with your daily routine, responsibilities, and personal relationships, then it might be a sign that you are spending too much time on the game. It’s important to maintain a healthy balance between leisure activities and other aspects of your life.
Some Online entertainment addiction facts & statistics
Online entertainment addiction is a growing concern as more and more people spend their time on the internet for entertainment purposes. Here are some statistics related to online entertainment addiction:
1. According to a 2018 study by the Pew Research Center, 26% of adults in the United States say they are “almost constantly” online.
2. A 2019 survey by Common Sense Media found that 50% of teens feel addicted to their mobile devices.
3. A 2019 study published in the Journal of Behavioral Addictions found that 14% of college students in China were addicted to online entertainment.
4. A 2020 survey by the National Institute on Drug Abuse found that 10% of American adults had experienced internet addiction at some point in their lives.
5. A 2021 study published in the Journal of Medical Internet Research found that social media use was associated with increased risk of depression and anxiety among young adults.
Overall, these statistics suggest that online entertainment addiction is a growing concern, especially among young people, and may have negative effects on mental health.
Is the coin master addiction widespread?
It is difficult to determine the exact number of people addicted to Coin Master as there is no official data available. However, the game has been downloaded over 100 million times on Google Play Store alone, which suggests that there are many people who enjoy playing the game. Some individuals may become addicted to the game due to its addictive gameplay, social features, and the ability to win rewards. It is important to practice moderation and balance when playing any game to avoid becoming addicted.
Symptoms, Causes and Signs of coin master addiction
Why is coin master so addictive?
Coin Master is an addictive game because it incorporates several elements that keep players hooked. These elements include:
- 1. Simple and easy gameplay: The game is easy to play and understand, making it accessible to players of all ages and backgrounds.
- 2. Rewards and incentives: The game offers rewards and incentives to players for completing various tasks and activities. These rewards include coins, spins, and other items that can be used to progress in the game.
- 3. Social features: Coin Master allows players to connect with their friends and compete against them, making the game more engaging and competitive.
- 4. Randomness and chance: The game incorporates elements of luck and chance, making it unpredictable and exciting.
- 5. Continuous updates and new content: The game is regularly updated with new features and content, keeping players engaged and interested.
Overall, the combination of these elements makes Coin Master an addictive game that keeps players coming back for more.
Possible causes of coin master dependency
Based on the available research, some possible causes of coin master addiction may include:
- 1. Reward system: Coin Master provides a reward system that releases dopamine in the brain, creating a sense of pleasure and satisfaction when rewards are obtained.
- 2. Social connection: Coin Master has a social aspect that allows players to connect with friends and other players, creating a sense of community and belonging.
- 3. Escapism: Coin Master can be a way for individuals to escape from reality and their daily stresses, providing a sense of relief and distraction.
- 4. Competitive nature: The competitive nature of Coin Master can drive individuals to continue playing to beat others and achieve higher rankings.
- 5. FOMO: Fear of Missing Out (FOMO) can cause individuals to feel the need to continually play Coin Master to keep up with friends and not miss out on any rewards or experiences.
Signs & Symptoms of coin master addiction
Now let’s see if you have the coin master addiction problem.
- 1. You cannot resist spinning the slot machine in Coin Master game, even when you have other important things to do.
- 2. You have a strong urge to collect all the coins and cards available in the game, and spend hours trying to do so.
- 3. You have set alarms or reminders on your phone to ensure you don’t miss any Coin Master events or offers.
- 4. You find yourself spending real money on virtual coins or spins to progress faster in the game.
- 5. You get frustrated or upset when you lose a battle or fail to get the desired cards or coins in the game.
- 6. You constantly talk about the game with friends and family, and try to convince them to join and play with you.
- 7. You dream about the game or think about it even when you are not playing it, and it affects your daily routine and productivity.
Problems, impacts & bad effects of coin master: should you quit?
What are some benefits of coin master
- 1. Fun and Engaging Gameplay: Coin Master is a fun and addictive game that combines elements of strategy, luck, and social interaction. The game is easy to learn but difficult to master, making it enjoyable for players of all ages and skill levels.
- 2. Social Interaction: One of the unique features of Coin Master is its social aspect. Players can connect with their friends and compete against them in the game. This adds a new level of excitement and fun to the game.
- 3. Free-to-Play: Coin Master is a free-to-play game, which means that anyone can download and play the game without having to spend any money. This makes it accessible to a wide range of players, regardless of their financial situation.
- 4. In-Game Rewards: Coin Master offers a variety of in-game rewards that keep players engaged and motivated. Players can earn coins, spins, and other rewards by completing various tasks and challenges in the game.
- 5. Regular Updates: The developers of Coin Master are constantly updating the game with new features and content. This ensures that the game remains fresh and exciting for players, and keeps them coming back for more.
Overall, Coin Master is a great game that offers a fun and engaging experience for players. Its social aspect, free-to-play model, and regular updates are just a few of the many reasons why it is so popular among players.But at the opposite, what can be some coin master addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
Playing Coin Master, like any other video game, can have both positive and negative effects on your health. Here are some potential effects:
- 1. Stress relief: Playing Coin Master can be a way to relax and unwind after a long day.
- 2. Cognitive benefits: Playing Coin Master can improve hand-eye coordination, attention, and decision-making skills.
- 3. Social benefits: Coin Master allows you to connect with other players and make new friends.
- 1. Addiction: Playing Coin Master for extended periods of time can lead to addiction and compulsive behavior, which can have negative effects on your mental health.
- 2. Eye strain: Staring at a screen for prolonged periods can cause eye strain and headaches.
- 3. Sedentary lifestyle: If playing Coin Master becomes your primary activity, you may spend hours sitting and not getting enough physical activity.
It’s important to find a balance and limit your screen time to avoid negative effects.
coin master and sleep disorder
Playing the Coin Master game alone should not cause sleep disorders or sleep problems in healthy individuals. However, if someone is already struggling with sleep problems, excessive use of any electronic device, including playing games like Coin Master, can potentially worsen the condition. It is important to maintain a healthy sleep routine and limit screen time before bedtime to avoid any disruption in sleep patterns.
coin master affecting your brain & mental health: bad for brain and mental health?
Some effects of coin master on your brain
Here are some potential negative effects of playing Coin Master excessively:
- 1. Addiction: Coin Master can be highly addictive, leading to excessive gaming and neglecting other important aspects of life such as work, relationships, and self-care.
- 2. Impulsivity: The game may encourage impulsive behavior as players are prompted to spin the wheel and make quick decisions to progress in the game.
- 3. Anxiety and stress: The pressure to win coins and complete missions can cause anxiety and stress in players, leading to negative impacts on mental health.
- 4. Lower attention span: The fast-paced nature of the game can lead to a lower attention span, making it harder to focus on tasks that require sustained concentration.
- 5. Financial strain: Players can spend real money on in-app purchases to buy coins or spins, leading to financial strain and potential debt.
Some effects of coin master on your mental health
- 1. Addiction: One of the most significant negative effects of playing Coin Master is addiction. The game is designed to be addictive, and players often find it challenging to stop playing once they start. This can lead to a loss of control over their gaming habits, which can negatively impact their mental health.
- 2. Anxiety and stress: Playing Coin Master can be stressful and anxiety-provoking, especially when players are trying to win and progress through levels. This can lead to feelings of frustration, anger, and even depression, which can have a significant impact on mental health.
- 3. Obsessive behavior: Some players may become obsessed with the game and spend excessive amounts of time playing. This can lead to neglect of other important aspects of life, such as work, school, and relationships, which can have a negative impact on mental health.
- 4. Financial stress: Coin Master is a game that requires players to spend real money to purchase in-game items. This can lead to financial stress and anxiety, especially for those who have limited financial resources.
- 5. Social isolation: Playing Coin Master can lead to social isolation, as players may spend hours playing alone instead of engaging in social activities with friends and family. This can lead to feelings of loneliness and depression, which can negatively impact mental health.
Overall, while playing Coin Master may be enjoyable in moderation, excessive use of the game can have negative effects on mental health. It is essential to maintain a healthy balance between gaming and other aspects of life to protect mental health and well-being.
Does coin master cause stress and anxiety?
Some players may experience stress or anxiety due to the competitive nature of the game, the pressure to progress quickly, or a fear of missing out on rewards or prizes. It is important to take breaks and not let the game consume too much time or energy. If you feel that Coin Master is causing stress or anxiety, it may be helpful to speak with a mental health professional.
Can coin master addiction lead to sadness and depression?
Yes, it is possible for addiction to coin master, or any other game, to lead to sadness and depression. When a person becomes addicted to a game, they may spend excessive amounts of time playing it, neglecting other important aspects of their life such as work, school, social relationships, and self-care. This can lead to feelings of guilt, shame, and a sense of loss of control.
Additionally, if a person becomes too invested in the game and their progress within it, they may experience disappointment, frustration, and anger when they are unable to achieve their goals or when they lose progress due to technical issues. All of these factors can contribute to a sense of sadness and depression in a person who is addicted to coin master or any other game.
Dopamine and coin master
Coin Master is a mobile game that involves spinning a virtual slot machine to earn coins and attack other players’ villages. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that is released in the brain when we experience pleasure or reward. The game has been designed to trigger the release of dopamine in players, by offering rewards and creating a sense of achievement when they win coins, attack other players, and advance to higher levels.
The constant anticipation of winning and the thrill of attacking other players’ villages keeps players engaged in the game, leading to a release of dopamine every time they win. This release of dopamine can create a sense of pleasure and satisfaction, which encourages players to continue playing the game.
However, excessive use of the game can lead to addiction, as the brain becomes accustomed to the release of dopamine and craves more of it. This can lead to players spending more money on in-game purchases and spending excessive amounts of time playing the game. It is important to use the game in moderation and be aware of the potential risks of addiction.
coin master effects on Focus, productivity, attention span, academic performance…
Coin Master, like any other game or activity, can affect focus, productivity, attention span, and academic performance depending on the amount of time and energy one spends on it. If someone spends excessive amounts of time playing Coin Master, it may lead to a decrease in productivity, attention span, and academic performance as it may interfere with studying or completing other tasks. However, if played in moderation, it may not have a significant impact on these factors. It is important to balance leisure activities with responsibilities and prioritize academic and professional goals.
A word about ADHD and coin master
They may enjoy the fast-paced and visually stimulating nature of the game and may be more likely to spend extended periods playing the game. However, people with ADHD may also struggle with impulsivity and may be more susceptible to spending real money on in-game purchases or becoming addicted to the game. It is important for individuals with ADHD to monitor their gaming habits and set limits for themselves to avoid negative consequences.
affecting your relationships
coin master and self-esteem
Coin Master is a mobile game that allows players to spin virtual slot machines, earn coins, and use those coins to build and upgrade their virtual villages. While the game itself may not directly affect self-esteem, the way players perceive their success or failure in the game could potentially impact their self-esteem.
For some players, achieving high levels, obtaining rare items, and dominating in-game events may boost their confidence and make them feel accomplished. On the other hand, losing frequently or being unable to progress in the game may lead to feelings of frustration or inadequacy, potentially lowering self-esteem.
Additionally, social comparison is a common phenomenon that occurs in many online games, including Coin Master. Players may compare their progress or success in the game to that of their friends or other players, which can lead to feelings of inferiority or jealousy.
Overall, while Coin Master itself may not have a direct impact on self-esteem, the way players perceive their success or failure in the game and the social comparisons they make could potentially affect their self-esteem.
coin master addiction leads to isolation and loneliness?
Yes, coin master addiction can potentially lead to isolation and loneliness as the person may spend excessive amounts of time playing the game instead of engaging in social activities or maintaining relationships with friends and family. They may also withdraw from social interactions and become more isolated as the addiction takes hold.
Additionally, the addiction may interfere with daily responsibilities such as work or school, which can further impact their social life and relationships.
Effects of coin master on your relationship
Positive effects of Coin Master on your relationship:
- 1. Bonding time: Playing Coin Master together can be a fun bonding activity for couples. It provides a shared interest and an opportunity to spend quality time together.
- 2. Teamwork: Coin Master is a game that requires teamwork to succeed. Playing together can strengthen communication and cooperation skills.
- 3. Stress relief: Playing Coin Master can be a stress-relieving activity for couples. It provides a distraction from the daily routine and can help reduce stress levels.
- 4. Competitive spirit: Coin Master can awaken a competitive spirit in couples and can be a fun way to challenge each other to improve their gameplay.
Negative effects of Coin Master on your relationship:
- 1. Addiction: Coin Master can be addictive, and if one partner becomes too consumed by the game, it can negatively impact the relationship by taking away from quality time together.
- 2. Neglect: If one partner becomes too engrossed in the game, they may neglect their partner and their responsibilities, leading to feelings of neglect and resentment.
- 3. Financial strain: Coin Master is a free game, but it has in-app purchases that can add up quickly. If one partner spends too much money on the game, it can cause financial strain in the relationship.
- 4. Frustration: Coin Master is a game that requires luck, and if one partner consistently has bad luck, it can lead to feelings of frustration and disappointment, which can affect the relationship.
How To Stop & quit Your coin master Addiction
Finally you think you are addicted to coin master and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for coin master?
Here are the best solutions, steps, supports, resources and help you can get to treat your coin master addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the coin master addiction
Here are some main steps to get rid of coin master addiction:
- 1. Acknowledge the addiction: The first step towards getting rid of any addiction is to acknowledge it. Accept that you have a problem with the game and that you need to take steps to overcome it.
- 2. Set limits: Set limits on the amount of time you spend playing the game every day. Try to gradually reduce the time you spend playing the game until you are no longer addicted.
- 3. Find alternative activities: Find alternative activities to replace the time you spend playing the game. This can be anything from reading a book to going for a walk.
- 4. Seek support: Seek support from friends and family members. Talk to them about your addiction and ask for their help in overcoming it.
- 5. Delete the game: If you find it hard to control your urge to play the game, delete it from your phone or tablet. This will help you break the habit and move on.
- 6. Seek professional help: If you are finding it hard to overcome your addiction on your own, seek professional help. A counselor or therapist can help you work through your addiction and develop strategies to overcome it.
Actually, that’s what most documentation out there is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including coin master:
1. Purge temptations: Get rid of coin master
First, cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your coin master accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up: