Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addiction to Roblox, all the posts about digital addiction. Today, let’s talk about how to quit the clash royale addiction.
- What’s the clash royale addiction?
- Addiction to clash royale, a “real” addiction?
- What’s considered clash royale addiction
- How much clash royale is too much?
- Some video games addiction facts & statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the clash royale addiction
- Why is clash royale so addictive?
- Possible causes of clash royale dependency
- Symptoms, Causes and Signs of clash royale addiction
- Problems, impacts & bad effects of clash royale
- Some benefits of clash royale
- health problems
- impact on brain & mental health
- impact on relationships
- How to stop & quit your clash royale addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the clash royale addiction
- Best clash royale blocker apps & functionalities
- where to seek extra help?
- To Go Further
- How to help someone with clash royale addiction
- Best books about video games addiction
- Research about video games addiction
What is the clash royale addiction?
About clash royale
Clash Royale is a real-time online multiplayer game in which players battle each other using a variety of cards featuring characters from the Clash of Clans universe.
Addiction to clash royale, a “real” addiction?
Officially an addiction?
First, let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes clash royale addiction?
No, Clash Royale Addiction is not listed in the DSM-5. However, the excessive use of video games, including those of the MOBA genre such as Clash Royale, is considered a disorder in the DSM-5, known as Internet Gaming Disorder.
So what means “clash royale addiction”?
Clash Royale addiction is an obsessive behavior characterized by compulsive game playing, difficulty stopping or controlling game playing, and preoccupation with the game. In extreme cases, it can take over a person’s life, leading to significant problems in relationships, work, and other areas of life. Symptoms of Clash Royale addiction can include spending an excessive amount of time playing the game, neglecting personal responsibilities or relationships, and feeling anxious when not playing the game.
What is considered clash royale addiction?
- 1. Spending an excessive amount of time playing the game.
- 2. Overlooking other activities to play the game.
- 3. Becoming irritable or angry when not playing the game.
- 4. Preoccupation with the game and its progress.
- 5. Difficulty concentrating on tasks unrelated to the game.
- 6. Becoming defensive when asked about their game time.
- 7. Having difficulty sleeping or having nightmares related to the game.
- 8. An inability to stop playing the game, even when it’s causing distress.
- 9. Spending money on in-app purchases or microtransactions.
- 10. Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not playing the game.
How much clash royale is too much?
The amount of time spent on Clash Royale that is considered too much is subjective and varies from person to person. It is up to the individual player to decide when they have reached their limit and need to take a break.
Some video games addiction facts & statistics
Video game addiction, also known as gaming disorder, is a relatively new phenomenon and the statistics vary depending on the source and definition of addiction. Here are some statistics related to video game addiction:
1. According to a survey conducted by the Entertainment Software Association, 65% of American adults play video games, and the average age of a video gamer is 35 years old.
2. According to a study published in the Journal of Adolescent Health, approximately 8.5% of adolescents in the United States meet the criteria for video game addiction.
3. The World Health Organization (WHO) included gaming disorder as a diagnosable conditionin the 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11.. The WHO estimates that gaming disorder affects 3-4% of gamers.
4. According to a study published in the Journal of Medical Internet Research, gamers who play for more than 40 hours per week are more likely to report depression, anxiety, and lower overall life satisfaction.
5. A study conducted by the University of Oxford found that playing video games for less than an hour per day was associated with higher levels of well-being, while those who played for more than three hours per day had lower levels of well-being.
It is important to note that not all video game usage is considered addiction, and many people are able to enjoy video games in a healthy and balanced way.
Is the clash royale addiction widespread?
Like any popular video game, there may be some individuals who struggle with addiction to the game. It’s important for individuals to monitor their gaming habits and seek help if they feel they may have a problem with addiction.
Symptoms, Causes and Signs of clash royale addiction
Why is clash royale so addictive?
Clash Royale is a highly addictive game due to its strategic and competitive nature. The game’s balance of strategy, skill and luck creates an engaging and dynamic experience.
Additionally, the game’s real-time multiplayer component keeps players engaged by making each match a unique challenge. Players are rewarded with chests and cards for their success, which gives them a sense of accomplishment and encourages them to continue playing. Finally, the game’s social component allows players to compete against friends and share their achievements. All these factors combine to make Clash Royale an incredibly addictive game.
Possible causes of clash royale dependency
- 1. Immediate Gratification: The game provides an adrenaline rush with each win, which can be addictive.
- 2. The Competition: Players compete against each other, leading to a feeling of accomplishment when they win and a desire to keep playing to try to win again.
- 3. Social Interaction: Players can interact with each other and form clans, making the game even more enjoyable.
- 4. Rewards: The game offers rewards for completing in-game tasks, which encourages players to keep playing.
- 5. Accessibility: The game is available on mobile devices, making it easy to access and play.
Signs & Symptoms of clash royale addiction
Now let’s see if you have the clash royale addiction problem.
- 1. You think about playing Clash Royale at all times.
- 2. You spend more time playing Clash Royale than doing anything else.
- 3. You have become a master of the game, always winning battles.
- 4. You talk about Clash Royale with your friends regularly.
- 5. You always have to have the latest updates on the game.
- 6. You plan your day around when you can squeeze in a few Clash Royale battles.
- 7. You find yourself daydreaming or fantasizing about winning epic battles.
Problems, impacts & bad effects of clash royale: should you quit?
What are some benefits of clash royale
- 1. Fun and addictive gameplay: Clash Royale is an exciting game with a mix of real-time strategy, tower defense, and card collection mechanics. This makes the game incredibly fun and addictive.
- 2. Competitive: If you want to compete with other players, there are plenty of opportunities in Clash Royale. You can join tournaments, join a clan, and challenge your friends.
- 3. Strategic: The game requires you to think strategically and plan your moves. You need to use the right cards and deploy your troops in the right spots in order to win.
- 4. Variety: There are tons of cards, troops, spells, and arenas to choose from. This makes the game incredibly diverse and keeps it from getting repetitive.
- 5. User-friendly: The game is easy to learn and has an intuitive user interface. It’s also available on multiple platforms, making it accessible to a wider audience.
- 6. Free to play: While there are in-app purchases, the game is free to play and you can still have a great time without spending any money.
- 7. Great graphics and animations: Clash Royale has great visuals and animations, making it a very visually appealing game.
- 1. Great for casual and competitive gamers: Clash Royale is a great game for both casual and competitive gamers. Whether you’re just looking for a fun game to pass the time or you want to test your skills against other players, you’ll find something to enjoy in Clash Royale.
- 2. Challenging and rewarding: Clash Royale is both challenging and rewarding. As you play, you’ll get better and improve your skills. You also have the opportunity to win prizes, such as cards and gems.
- 3. Social: The game has great social features, such as clan battles and tournaments, which make it even more enjoyable. You can also chat with other players and make friends.
But at the opposite, what can be some clash royale addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
- 1. Reduced Sleep Quality: Clash Royale is a game that requires a lot of concentration and can be very addictive, which can lead to players staying up late at night playing. This can result in a lack of sleep, which can have a negative impact on overall health.
- 2. Increased Stress Levels: Playing Clash Royale can be a very competitive game and can lead to players feeling stressed and anxious. This can lead to an increase in cortisol levels, which can have a negative impact on overall health.
- 3. Reduced Concentration: Too much time playing Clash Royale can lead to players experiencing reduced concentration levels as their minds become overwhelmed with the game. This can lead to poor performance in other areas of life.
- 4. Increased Risk of Injury: Players can experience physical strain from sitting for long periods of time playing Clash Royale, which can lead to neck and back pain.
Additionally, the repetitive motions involved in playing can cause carpal tunnel syndrome.
clash royale and sleep disorder
It is possible for excessive use of any electronic device, including playing Clash Royale, to disrupt sleep patterns and potentially lead to sleep disorders or problems. The blue light emitted by screens can suppress the production of melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep, and can make it harder to fall asleep or stay asleep. It is important to limit screen time before bed and establish a regular sleep routine to promote healthy sleep habits.
clash royale affecting your brain & mental health: bad for brain and mental health?
Some effects of clash royale on your brain
- 1. Diminished Attention Span: One of the most concerning effects of playing Clash Royale is the potential for decreased attention span. Playing the game can cause a person to become overly focused on short-term objectives and goals, leading to an inability to focus on longer-term tasks.
- 2. Increased Anxiety and Stress: Another potential downside of playing Clash Royale is the increase in anxiety and stress levels. Players may become anxious about their ability to win and progress in the game, leading to heightened tension and frustration.
- 3. Social Isolation: The game also has the potential to lead to social isolation as players become more involved with their virtual worlds and less interested in interacting with real-world peers.
- 4. Sleep Deprivation: The game can lead to sleep deprivation as players stay up late into the night trying to improve their skills or progress in the game.
- 5. Impulsivity: The game can also have a negative effect on decision-making, as players may take risks without considering the consequences. Impulsivity can lead to reckless behavior in the real world.
Some effects of clash royale on your mental health
- 1. Increased Anxiety: Playing Clash Royale can increase feelings of anxiety because the game is highly competitive and requires players to constantly strategize and plan ahead in order to win.
- 2. Diminished Attention Span: If you are playing the game for long periods of time, it can cause a decrease in your attention span as you become increasingly distracted by the game.
- 3. Stress: Playing competitive games can be stressful and can cause you to become overly competitive and frustrated when you don’t win.
- 4. Sleep Deprivation: The game can be highly addictive, causing players to stay up late in order to play, resulting in sleep deprivation.
- 5. Social Isolation: Spending too much time playing the game can lead to social isolation as you become more and more disengaged from your friends and family.
Does clash royale cause stress and anxiety?
Yes, Clash Royale can cause stress or anxiety in some individuals. The competitive nature of the game, the pressure to win battles, and the fear of losing trophies can lead to feelings of stress and anxiety.
Additionally, the constant need to level up and collect cards can create a sense of urgency and pressure to play the game frequently, which can also contribute to stress and anxiety. It is important to take breaks and practice healthy gaming habits to prevent these negative effects.
Can clash royale addiction lead to sadness and depression?
Yes, it is possible for addiction to any activity, including Clash Royale, to lead to sadness and depression. Addiction can lead to a decrease in social interaction, physical activity, and other healthy behaviors, which can contribute to feelings of loneliness, isolation, and sadness.
Additionally, if a person is spending excessive amounts of time playing Clash Royale, they may neglect responsibilities and relationships, causing stress and negative emotions. It is important to monitor video game use and seek help if addiction is suspected.
Dopamine and clash royale
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that plays a crucial role in reward-motivated behavior. Clash Royale, being a mobile strategy game, utilizes various game mechanics to stimulate the release of dopamine in the brain.
One way that Clash Royale triggers dopamine release is through its reward system. Players are rewarded with in-game currency, chests, and other items for completing tasks, winning battles, and progressing through the game. These rewards activate the brain’s pleasure centers, leading to the release of dopamine and a sense of achievement and satisfaction.
Another way Clash Royale stimulates dopamine release is through its competitive gameplay. The game’s ranking system and leaderboard encourage players to compete with others, triggering a sense of competition and achievement when they succeed. This competition also creates a sense of urgency, leading to the release of adrenaline and dopamine, which can make the game more exciting and engaging.
Overall, the combination of rewards and competitive gameplay in Clash Royale can lead to the release of dopamine in the brain, which can make the game more enjoyable and addictive for some players.
clash royale effects on Focus, productivity, attention span, academic performance…
Yes, playing Clash Royale can affect focus, productivity, attention span, and academic performance because it can be a highly addictive and time-consuming game. Playing the game for extended periods of time can lead to distractions and decreased productivity in other areas of life, including work and school. It can also impact attention span and make it difficult to concentrate on other tasks.
Additionally, if playing Clash Royale interferes with important responsibilities, such as studying or completing homework, it can have a negative impact on academic performance. It is important to balance game time with other activities and responsibilities to maintain focus, productivity, and academic success.
A word about ADHD and clash royale
People with ADHD may interact differently with Clash Royale due to their attention and impulse control difficulties. Some possible differences may include:
- 1. Difficulty staying focused: People with ADHD may struggle to stay focused on the game for extended periods, leading to shorter play sessions.
- 2. Impulsivity: People with ADHD may be more impulsive in their decision-making, leading to riskier gameplay strategies and potentially losing more matches.
- 3. Hyperfocus: On the other hand, people with ADHD may also experience hyperfocus, becoming fully engrossed in the game for long periods, potentially neglecting other responsibilities.
- 4. Difficulty with multitasking: People with ADHD may struggle to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, such as keeping track of multiple cards and the opponent’s gameplay.
Overall, while individuals with ADHD may experience challenges in their gameplay, they can also bring unique strengths such as creativity and quick thinking to the game.
affecting your relationships
clash royale and self-esteem
Clash Royale can affect self-esteem in a number of ways, both positively and negatively. Here are some potential impacts:
- 1. Winning matches and progressing through the game can boost self-esteem by providing a sense of accomplishment and mastery.
- 2. Playing well and receiving positive feedback from other players can also boost self-esteem by providing a sense of validation and social connection.
- 3. Being part of a team or clan can provide a sense of belonging and support, which can boost self-esteem.
- 1. Losing matches or not progressing as quickly as desired can lead to feelings of frustration, disappointment, and lowered self-esteem.
- 2. Being criticized or insulted by other players can lead to feelings of inadequacy, shame, and lowered self-esteem.
- 3. Spending too much time playing the game can lead to neglect of other important areas of life, which can negatively impact self-esteem.
Overall, the impact of Clash Royale on self-esteem will depend on the individual’s experience and how they interpret and respond to the game. It is important for players to maintain a healthy balance and perspective, and to seek support if needed.
clash royale addiction leads to isolation and loneliness?
Yes, excessive addiction to Clash Royale or any other video game can lead to isolation and loneliness. When individuals become too engrossed in the game, they may neglect other social activities and relationships, leading to isolation from friends and family. This isolation can lead to loneliness and ultimately affect an individual’s mental health. Therefore, it is essential to maintain a healthy balance between playing games and engaging in other social activities.
Effects of clash royale on your relationship
- 1. Shared interest: Playing Clash Royale together can be a fun and engaging way to spend time with your partner and share a common interest.
- 2. Communication: Playing together can improve communication between partners, as they may need to strategize and make decisions together.
- 3. Bonding: Collaborating in a game can create a sense of teamwork and unity, which can strengthen the bond between partners.
- 1. Competitive tension: Playing Clash Royale can become competitive and may lead to tension between partners if one is more skilled or successful than the other.
- 2. Time constraints: Spending too much time playing the game can lead to neglecting other important aspects of the relationship, such as spending quality time together or fulfilling responsibilities.
- 3. Addiction: Playing Clash Royale excessively can lead to addiction, which can negatively impact relationships, as it may lead to neglecting partners and other responsibilities.
How To Stop & quit Your clash royale Addiction
Finally you think you are addicted to clash royale and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for clash royale?
Here are the best solutions, steps, supports, resources and help you can get to treat your clash royale addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the clash royale addiction
- 1. Identify your triggers: Start by understanding what makes you want to play Clash Royale. What are the situations that make it difficult to resist playing the game?
- 2. Set realistic limits: Set a limit on how much time you can spend playing Clash Royale each day and stick to it.
- 3. Find an alternative: Find a hobby or activity that can help you to fill the time you would have spent playing the game. This could be something like reading, exercising, or learning a new skill.
- 4. Stay accountable: Ask a friend or family member to help you stay accountable and remind you to stick to your limits.
- 5. Seek professional help: If you find it difficult to break your addiction to Clash Royale, consider seeking professional help from a mental health professional.
Actually, that’s what most documentation out there is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including clash royale:
1. Purge temptations: Get rid of clash royale
First, cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your clash royale accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up: