Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions toFortnite,Facebook,Instagram,porn,Netflix, Youtube,Tinder… Findall the posts about digital addiction. Today, let’s talk about how to quit the brawl stars addiction.
- What’s the brawl stars addiction?
- Addiction to brawl stars, a “real” addiction?
- What’s considered brawl stars addiction
- How much brawl stars is too much?
- Some video games addiction facts & statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the brawl stars addiction
- Why is brawl stars so addictive?
- Possible causes of brawl stars dependency
- Symptoms, Causes and Signs of brawl stars addiction
- Problems, impacts & bad effects of brawl stars
- Some benefits of brawl stars
- health problems
- impact on brain & mental health
- impact on relationships
- How to stop & quit your brawl stars addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the brawl stars addiction
- Best brawl stars blocker apps & functionalities
- where to seek extra help?
- To Go Further
- How to help someone with brawl stars addiction
- Best books about video games addiction
- Research about video games addiction
What is the brawl stars addiction?
About brawl stars
Brawl Stars is a multiplayer mobile game developed by Supercell. It involves players battling in various game modes using a variety of characters, known as brawlers, each with their unique abilities and strengths.
Addiction to brawl stars, a “real” addiction?
Officially an addiction?
First, let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes brawl stars addiction?
No, Brawl Stars addiction is not listed in the DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition). However, gaming addiction is recognized as a disorder in the DSM-5 under the category of “Internet Gaming Disorder” as a condition for further study.
So what means “brawl stars addiction”?
Brawl Stars addiction refers to the excessive and compulsive use of the mobile game Brawl Stars, which can lead to negative consequences in a person’s life. Addiction to Brawl Stars can be characterized by a strong urge or desire to continuously play the game, neglecting other responsibilities and social activities, and experiencing withdrawal symptoms when unable to play. Some people may also spend money on in-game purchases to progress faster or obtain new characters, leading to financial problems. Brawl Stars addiction can impact a person’s mental and physical health, relationships, and overall well-being.
What is considered brawl stars addiction?
- 1. Preoccupation with Brawl Stars: The individual may spend an excessive amount of time thinking about Brawl Stars, planning to play the game, or watching videos related to the game.
- 2. Loss of control: The individual may have difficulty limiting the amount of time spent playing Brawl Stars and neglecting other important responsibilities such as work, school, or personal relationships.
- 3. Withdrawal symptoms: The individual may experience discomfort or irritability when unable to play Brawl Stars.
- 4. Tolerance: The individual may need to play Brawl Stars more frequently or for longer periods to achieve the same level of enjoyment or satisfaction.
- 5. Negative consequences: The individual may experience negative consequences as a result of playing Brawl Stars such as poor academic or work performance, strained relationships, and neglect of personal hygiene or health.
It is important to note that not all individuals who play Brawl Stars will develop an addiction, and these criteria should only be used as a guideline. If you or someone you know is experiencing negative effects from playing Brawl Stars, seeking professional help may be beneficial.
How much brawl stars is too much?
Excessive gaming can potentially lead to negative effects on one’s physical and mental health, academic or work performance, and relationships. It is recommended that individuals limit their screen time and prioritize other important aspects of their lives such as exercise, socializing, and work or school responsibilities. The specific amount of time spent on Brawl Stars that can be considered “too much” may vary for each person depending on their individual circumstances and priorities.
Some video games addiction facts & statistics
Video game addiction, also known as gaming disorder, is a relatively new phenomenon and the statistics vary depending on the source and definition of addiction. Here are some statistics related to video game addiction:
1. According to a survey conducted by the Entertainment Software Association, 65% of American adults play video games, and the average age of a video gamer is 35 years old.
2. According to a study published in the Journal of Adolescent Health, approximately 8.5% of adolescents in the United States meet the criteria for video game addiction.
3. The World Health Organization (WHO) included gaming disorder as a diagnosable conditionin the 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11.. The WHO estimates that gaming disorder affects 3-4% of gamers.
4. According to a study published in the Journal of Medical Internet Research, gamers who play for more than 40 hours per week are more likely to report depression, anxiety, and lower overall life satisfaction.
5. A study conducted by the University of Oxford found that playing video games for less than an hour per day was associated with higher levels of well-being, while those who played for more than three hours per day had lower levels of well-being.
It is important to note that not all video game usage is considered addiction, and many people are able to enjoy video games in a healthy and balanced way.
Is the brawl stars addiction widespread?
Like any other game, there may be some individuals who become addicted to playing it, but it is important to maintain a healthy balance and not let it interfere with other important aspects of life.
Symptoms, Causes and Signs of brawl stars addiction
Why is brawl stars so addictive?
Brawl Stars is a game that can be addictive for several reasons:
- 1. Quick and easy gameplay: Brawl Stars has fast-paced gameplay with short matches that can be completed in a few minutes. This makes it easy for players to pick up the game and play for a short time, which can lead to repeated play sessions.
- 2. Varied game modes: The game offers a variety of game modes, each with different objectives and gameplay mechanics. This keeps the gameplay fresh and interesting, and players can switch between modes to avoid getting bored.
- 3. Social aspect: Brawl Stars can be played online with other players, which adds a social element to the game. Playing with friends and forming teams can be a fun and engaging experience.
- 4. Rewards and progression: The game rewards players with in-game currency, new characters, and other items as they progress. This creates a sense of accomplishment and encourages players to keep playing to unlock more rewards.
Overall, Brawl Stars provides an engaging and satisfying gameplay experience that keeps players coming back for more.
Possible causes of brawl stars dependency
Some of the reasons that can lead to addiction to Brawl Stars are:
- 1. Reward system: Brawl Stars has a reward system that provides players with incentives to keep playing. This system makes players feel good when they achieve a goal or when they earn rewards.
- 2. Social interaction: Brawl Stars allows players to interact with other players from all over the world. The game’s social aspect can make players feel connected to others, which can be addictive.
- 3. Challenge: The game’s fast-paced and competitive nature can be challenging and engaging for players. This challenge can motivate players to keep playing to improve their skills.
- 4. Escapism: Brawl Stars can provide an escape from reality for some players. The game’s colorful graphics and exciting gameplay can be a way for players to forget about their problems and relax.
- 5. FOMO (Fear of Missing Out): Brawl Stars often releases limited-time events, skins, and other content. This can create a fear of missing out among players, causing them to play more to ensure they don’t miss anything.
Signs & Symptoms of brawl stars addiction
Now let’s see if you have the brawl stars addiction problem.
- 1. You play Brawl Stars every chance you get: Whether you’re waiting in line at the grocery store or taking a break at work, you always find a way to play Brawl Stars.
- 2. You think about Brawl Stars even when you’re not playing: You find yourself thinking about strategies, new brawlers, and the latest updates even when you’re not playing the game.
- 3. You talk about Brawl Stars with everyone: You can’t help but bring up Brawl Stars in every conversation, whether it’s with your friends, family, or even strangers.
- 4. You spend a lot of money on the game: You don’t mind spending money on the game to unlock new brawlers or upgrade your existing ones.
- 5. You get upset when you lose: Losing a match can really ruin your day, and you find yourself getting angry or frustrated whenever you lose a game.
- 6. You obsess over your stats: You constantly check your win/loss ratio, trophies, and other stats to see how you’re doing in the game.
- 7. You dream about Brawl Stars: You have dreams about playing Brawl Stars or being one of the brawlers in the game.
Problems, impacts & bad effects of brawl stars: should you quit?
What are some benefits of brawl stars
There are several pros and advantages of Brawl Stars:
- 1. Multiplayer Fun: The game is multiplayer and can be played with friends or random players from around the world.
- 2. Easy to Learn: The game is easy to learn, with simple controls and game mechanics that are easy to understand.
- 3. Variety of Game Modes: Brawl Stars offers a variety of game modes, including Bounty, Heist, and Showdown, which keeps the game fresh and exciting.
- 4. Unique Characters: The game features a variety of unique and interesting characters, each with their own special abilities and strengths.
- 5. Regular Updates: The game is regularly updated with new content, including new characters, game modes, and skins.
- 6. Free-to-Play: Brawl Stars is free-to-play, which makes it accessible to a wide range of players.
Overall, Brawl Stars is great because it offers a fun and engaging multiplayer experience that is easy to learn and offers a variety of game modes and unique characters.
Additionally, its regular updates and free-to-play model make it a great value for players.But at the opposite, what can be some brawl stars addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
Playing Brawl Stars or any video game excessively can have various effects on your physical and mental health, such as:
- 1. Eye Strain: Staring at a screen for extended periods of time can cause eye strain, headaches, and dry eyes.
- 2. Physical Inactivity: Sitting for long periods while playing video games can lead to a sedentary lifestyle, which increases the risk of obesity, heart disease, and diabetes.
- 3. Poor Posture: Poor posture while playing video games can cause neck and back pain.
- 4. Addiction: Excessive gaming can lead to addiction and have negative impacts on mental health, including anxiety, depression, and social isolation.
- 5. Sleep Disturbances: Playing video games before bed can disrupt sleep patterns, leading to insomnia and tiredness during the day.
It is essential to maintain a healthy balance between gaming and other activities to avoid these negative effects.
brawl stars and sleep disorder
The blue light emitted by electronic devices can interfere with the production of melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep, making it difficult to fall asleep.
Additionally, playing an exciting game such as Brawl Stars can also stimulate the brain and make it harder to relax and unwind before sleep. It is recommended to avoid electronic devices for at least an hour before bedtime to promote healthy sleep habits.
brawl stars affecting your brain & mental health: bad for brain and mental health?
Some effects of brawl stars on your brain
There are some potential negative effects that excessive and uncontrolled use of Brawl Stars or any video game can have on the brain:
- 1. Addiction: Brawl Stars can be addictive, and playing it for extended periods can lead to a loss of control over the amount of time spent on the game, leading to neglect of other important activities.
- 2. Aggression: The game’s competitive nature can cause players to become more aggressive, leading to increased aggression in real life.
- 3. Poor sleep patterns: Playing Brawl Stars before bedtime can lead to poor sleep patterns, which can cause a decrease in focus and cognitive function.
- 4. Social Isolation: Playing Brawl Stars for long periods can lead to social isolation and a lack of social interaction, which can impact emotional and mental health.
- 5. Eye Strain: Excessive screen time can cause eye strain, headaches, and other physical discomforts.
It is important to note that moderate and controlled use of Brawl Stars can have positive effects on cognitive function, such as improved problem-solving skills and hand-eye coordination. It is essential to balance playing time with other activities and maintain healthy habits.
Some effects of brawl stars on your mental health
It is important to note that excessive or addictive gaming can have negative effects on mental health. Some potential negative effects of Brawl Stars or any video game on mental health can include:
- 1. Addiction: Playing Brawl Stars for extended periods of time can lead to addiction, causing individuals to neglect important responsibilities and relationships.
- 2. Anxiety and depression: Constantly playing Brawl Stars can lead to feelings of anxiety and depression due to the pressure to win and the fear of losing.
- 3. Sleep disturbances: Playing Brawl Stars late at night can disrupt sleep patterns, leading to insomnia and other sleep-related problems.
- 4. Social isolation: Spending excessive time playing Brawl Stars can lead to social isolation, as individuals may neglect their relationships with friends and family.
- 5. Aggression: Playing violent video games like Brawl Stars can lead to an increase in aggressive behavior and thoughts.
It is important to maintain a balance between gaming and other important aspects of life, such as work, relationships, and self-care. If you feel that your gaming habits have become excessive, it may be helpful to seek professional help.
Does brawl stars cause stress and anxiety?
Yes, playing Brawl Stars can cause stress or anxiety in some individuals. This may happen due to several reasons such as losing multiple matches in a row, feeling pressure to perform well in front of other players, or experiencing frustration with teammates who do not play effectively.
Additionally, some players may feel anxious or overwhelmed by the intensity and fast-paced nature of the game. It is important for individuals to take breaks and practice self-care if they feel stressed or anxious while playing Brawl Stars or any other video game.
Can brawl stars addiction lead to sadness and depression?
Yes, it is possible for Brawl Stars addiction to lead to sadness and depression, particularly if the individual is spending excessive amounts of time playing the game and neglecting other important areas of their life such as work, school, relationships, and self-care.
Addiction to video games, including Brawl Stars, can result in social isolation, poor physical health, and decreased academic or work performance. These consequences can lead to feelings of sadness, hopelessness, and depression.
Additionally, studies have shown that excessive video gaming can alter brain chemistry, leading to changes in mood and behavior.
It is important for individuals who feel they may be addicted to Brawl Stars or any other video game to seek help and support from friends, family, or a mental health professional. Moderation and balance are key to enjoying video games without negatively impacting one’s mental health and overall well-being.
Dopamine and brawl stars
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that is associated with pleasure, reward, and motivation. In the context of playing Brawl Stars, dopamine can be released when players achieve certain milestones, such as winning a game or unlocking a new character. This release of dopamine can create a sense of satisfaction and encourage players to continue playing the game, seeking out more rewards and achievements. However, excessive or addictive gameplay can also lead to negative effects on mental and physical health.
brawl stars effects on Focus, productivity, attention span, academic performance…
Yes, Brawl Stars can potentially affect focus, productivity, attention span, and academic performance if played excessively. Studies have shown that excessive video game playing can lead to decreased academic performance, reduced attention span, and decreased productivity. Playing Brawl Stars for an extended period can also lead to eye strain, headaches, and fatigue, which can further impact academic performance and productivity. However, playing in moderation and balancing it with other activities can help mitigate these negative effects. It is important to prioritize academic responsibilities and limit screen time to maintain a healthy balance.
A word about ADHD and brawl stars
It is possible that people with ADHD may interact differently with Brawl Stars compared to those without ADHD. ADHD can affect a person’s ability to focus, sustain attention, and regulate their emotions. This may impact their gameplay, as Brawl Stars requires sustained attention and quick decision-making. People with ADHD may also be more impulsive and have difficulty with self-control, which could affect their gameplay strategies and decision-making. However, it is important to note that each person is unique and may experience ADHD differently, so individual experiences may vary.
affecting your relationships
brawl stars and self-esteem
Brawl Stars can have both positive and negative effects on self-esteem. On one hand, winning matches and earning rewards can provide a sense of accomplishment and boost self-confidence. Playing with friends and being part of a team can also increase feelings of social connectedness and belonging.
On the other hand, losing matches or failing to achieve desired goals can lead to feelings of frustration, disappointment, and lowered self-esteem. This can be especially true if players compare themselves to others or engage in negative self-talk.
Additionally, excessive or obsessive gameplay can lead to neglect of other important aspects of life, such as school or work, which can further impact self-esteem and overall well-being.
Overall, the impact of Brawl Stars on self-esteem will depend on the individual’s relationship with the game and how they manage their emotions and time spent playing. It is important to maintain a healthy balance and prioritize self-care and other important responsibilities.
brawl stars addiction leads to isolation and loneliness?
Yes, excessive addiction to Brawl Stars or any other video game can lead to isolation and loneliness. People who spend a lot of time playing video games may withdraw from social activities or relationships and become more isolated. They may also neglect their responsibilities or lose interest in other hobbies, which can lead to feelings of loneliness.
Moreover, excessive gaming can also affect one’s mental and physical health, leading to sleep deprivation, poor diet, and lack of exercise, which can further exacerbate feelings of isolation and loneliness. Therefore, it is essential to maintain a healthy balance between gaming and other aspects of life to avoid the negative consequences of addiction.
Effects of brawl stars on your relationship
We can provide some general positive and negative effects of playing Brawl Stars on a relationship:
- 1. Shared Interest: Playing Brawl Stars together can give couples a shared interest, which can help them bond and have fun together.
- 2. Teamwork: Brawl Stars is a team-based game that requires cooperation and communication. Couples can develop teamwork skills by playing together.
- 3. Competitive Spirit: Playing Brawl Stars can bring out a competitive spirit in couples, which can be healthy if kept in check.
- 1. Time Consumption: Playing Brawl Stars can be addictive and time-consuming. Couples may neglect their relationship if they spend too much time playing the game.
- 2. Frustration: Losing in Brawl Stars can be frustrating, and couples may take their anger out on each other.
- 3. Jealousy: If one partner is better at the game than the other, it may cause jealousy and resentment.
How To Stop & quit Your brawl stars Addiction
Finally you think you are addicted to brawl stars and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for brawl stars?
Here are the best solutions, steps, supports, resources and help you can get to treat your brawl stars addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the brawl stars addiction
- 1. Acknowledge the problem: Recognize that you have an addiction and that it is negatively impacting your life.
- 2. Set achievable goals: Set small goals for yourself to gradually reduce the amount of time you spend playing Brawl Stars.
- 3. Seek support: Reach out to friends, family members or a mental health professional for support and guidance.
- 4. Find alternative activities: Find other activities that can give you the same excitement and satisfaction as playing Brawl Stars, such as exercising or reading.
- 5. Limit access: Restrict access to Brawl Stars by deleting the game or reducing the amount of time you spend on it.
- 6. Practice self-care: Take care of yourself physically and mentally by getting enough sleep, eating healthy, and engaging in activities that promote relaxation and stress reduction.
Remember that overcoming addiction is a process that takes time and effort. Be patient with yourself and seek help if needed.
Actually, that’s what most documentation out there is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including brawl stars:
1. Purge temptations: Get rid of brawl stars
First, cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your brawl stars accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up: