Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions toFortnite,Facebook,Instagram,porn,Netflix, Youtube,Tinder… Findall the posts about digital addiction. Today, let’s talk about how to quit the boom beach addiction.
- What’s the boom beach addiction?
- Addiction to boom beach, a “real” addiction?
- What’s considered boom beach addiction
- How much boom beach is too much?
- Some Video games addiction facts & statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the boom beach addiction
- Why is boom beach so addictive?
- Possible causes of boom beach dependency
- Symptoms, Causes and Signs of boom beach addiction
- Problems, impacts & bad effects of boom beach
- Some benefits of boom beach
- health problems
- impact on brain & mental health
- impact on relationships
- How to stop & quit your boom beach addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the boom beach addiction
- Best boom beach blocker apps & functionalities
- where to seek extra help?
- To Go Further
- How to help someone with boom beach addiction
- Best books about Video games addiction
- Research about Video games addiction
What is the boom beach addiction?
About boom beach
Boom Beach is a strategy game where players battle against the evil Blackguard and explore the mysterious island, while building and defending their bases. Players can join forces to form powerful task forces to take on tougher enemies and gain rewards.
Addiction to boom beach, a “real” addiction?
Officially an addiction?
First, let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes boom beach addiction?
No, Boom Beach addiction is not listed in the DSM-5.
So what means “boom beach addiction”?
Boom Beach addiction is a term used to describe the intense and compulsive playing of the popular mobile game Boom Beach. Players of the game may become so addicted that they spend hours playing and neglect important tasks such as work or school. The game can also become a source of conflict between family members and friends due to the amount of time being devoted to playing.
What is considered boom beach addiction?
- 1. Spending excessive time playing Boom Beach and neglecting family, friends, or other activities.
- 2. Feeling an urge to play Boom Beach even when it may be inappropriate or inconvenient.
- 3. Becoming irritable when not playing Boom Beach.
- 4. Feeling a need to increase the amount of time playing Boom Beach to achieve the same level of satisfaction.
- 5. Finding it difficult to stop playing Boom Beach, even when faced with negative consequences.
- 6. Lying about the amount of time spent playing Boom Beach.
- 7. Becoming socially isolated in order to continue playing Boom Beach.
- 8. Feeling anxious or depressed when not playing Boom Beach.
- 9. Neglecting personal hygiene, sleep, or nutrition in order to play Boom Beach.
- 10. Obsessing over strategies to win Boom Beach and becoming obsessed with the game.
How much boom beach is too much?
It is impossible to say how much time is too much when it comes to playing Boom Beach. Everyone’s situation is different and it is up to the individual to decide when they have spent enough time playing the game.
Some Video games addiction facts & statistics
Video game addiction, also known as gaming disorder, is a relatively new phenomenon and the statistics vary depending on the source and definition of addiction. Here are some statistics related to video game addiction:
1. According to a survey conducted by the Entertainment Software Association, 65% of American adults play video games, and the average age of a video gamer is 35 years old.
2. According to a study published in the Journal of Adolescent Health, approximately 8.5% of adolescents in the United States meet the criteria for video game addiction.
3. The World Health Organization (WHO) included gaming disorder as a diagnosable conditionin the 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11.. The WHO estimates that gaming disorder affects 3-4% of gamers.
4. According to a study published in the Journal of Medical Internet Research, gamers who play for more than 40 hours per week are more likely to report depression, anxiety, and lower overall life satisfaction.
5. A study conducted by the University of Oxford found that playing video games for less than an hour per day was associated with higher levels of well-being, while those who played for more than three hours per day had lower levels of well-being.
It is important to note that not all video game usage is considered addiction, and many people are able to enjoy video games in a healthy and balanced way.
Is the boom beach addiction widespread?
Like any online game, it is possible for individuals to become addicted to playing it. It is important for individuals to monitor their gaming habits and seek help if they feel that they are losing control.
Symptoms, Causes and Signs of boom beach addiction
Why is boom beach so addictive?
Boom Beach is a highly addictive game because of its captivating graphics, exciting storyline, and rewarding gameplay. The game has a simple yet engaging goal, which is to build and defend a beach base. It is also an incredibly strategic game that requires players to think tactically and come up with creative strategies.
Additionally, the game features daily rewards, seasonal events, and leaderboards which keep players engaged and motivated.
Possible causes of boom beach dependency
- 1. The appeal of playing a strategy game: Boom Beach is a strategy game that demands players to think carefully about their actions in order to progress in the game. This creates an addictive experience that keeps players coming back for more.
- 2. Social media: Playing Boom Beach with friends or in an online community can create an even more addictive experience. Players can compare their progress, share strategies, and compete against each other to see who can get the highest score.
- 3. The ability to have an impact: Many players enjoy the fact that their actions have an impact on the game’s world. By completing tasks, building structures and defeating enemies, players can watch as their progress changes the game’s landscape.
- 4. The sense of accomplishment: As players progress through Boom Beach, they will be rewarded with new items, upgrades, and levels. This gives players a sense of accomplishment and encourages them to keep playing.
Signs & Symptoms of boom beach addiction
Now let’s see if you have the boom beach addiction problem.
- 1. You spend hours playing Boom Beach and can’t seem to stop.
- 2. You have dreams about playing Boom Beach.
- 3. You find yourself talking about Boom Beach with your friends.
- 4. You make strategic plans for how to progress in Boom Beach.
- 5. You find yourself checking the leaderboard rankings to see how you’re doing.
- 6. You often find yourself planning your next move when you’re not playing the game.
- 7. You often find yourself logging on to Boom Beach multiple times a day.
Problems, impacts & bad effects of boom beach: should you quit?
What are some benefits of boom beach
Pros of Boom Beach:
- 1. Easy to Learn: The game is simple and intuitive, allowing players of all levels of experience to jump right in.
- 2. Strategic Gameplay: Boom Beach encourages players to plan and strategize their moves, as well as think ahead in order to succeed.
- 3. Social Features: Boom Beach allows players to join clans, build up their base, and join forces with other players for even greater challenges.
- 4. Free to Play: Boom Beach is free to download and play, making it accessible to everyone.
- 5. Creative and Engaging: With its vivid graphics and engaging sound effects, Boom Beach provides an immersive gaming experience.
- 6. Updates and Events: The game is constantly updated and new events are added regularly, making it more fun and dynamic.
But at the opposite, what can be some boom beach addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
The physical effects of Boom Beach on your health are largely dependent on the amount of time spent playing. Spending too much time playing can lead to fatigue, headaches, and even carpal tunnel syndrome from repetitive motions of the fingers.
Additionally, playing Boom Beach can lead to increased stress and anxiety levels, which can have physical effects such as elevated heart rate and blood pressure.
On the mental side, Boom Beach can lead to an addiction. This addiction can lead to an unhealthy obsession with the game, causing players to neglect important real-life responsibilities.
Additionally, playing Boom Beach can lead to an increase in aggression and irritability, as well as a decrease in self-esteem and confidence.
boom beach and sleep disorder
It is unlikely that playing Boom Beach directly causes sleep disorders or sleep problems. However, excessive use of electronic devices, including playing mobile games like Boom Beach, can disrupt sleep patterns. The blue light emitted by screens can suppress the production of the sleep hormone melatonin, making it more difficult to fall asleep.
Additionally, playing the game late at night may stimulate the brain and make it harder to wind down and sleep. To prevent sleep problems, it is recommended to limit screen time before bed and establish a relaxing bedtime routine.
boom beach affecting your brain & mental health: bad for brain and mental health?
Some effects of boom beach on your brain
- 1. Diminished Concentration: The constant stimulation of playing Boom Beach can lead to an inability to concentrate on other tasks. The addicting nature of the game can also lead to decreased attention span and difficulty focusing on important tasks.
- 2. Poor Cognitive Function: The constant distractions of playing Boom Beach can impede cognitive functioning. This can lead to poor decision making and difficulty focusing on important tasks.
- 3. Reduced Motivation: Playing Boom Beach can lead to a decrease in motivation to do other activities, such as studying or working. This can lead to an overall reduction in productivity.
- 4. Emotional/Behavioral Changes: Playing Boom Beach can lead to an increase in stress levels and a decrease in emotional regulation. This can lead to outbursts of anger, which may have long-term effects.
Some effects of boom beach on your mental health
- 1. Stress: Playing Boom Beach can be highly stressful. The continuous need to build and upgrade can create a sense of pressure that may lead to stress and anxiety.
- 2. Addiction: Boom Beach can become an addictive game, and this can lead to a decrease in productivity as well as an increase in frustration.
- 3. Isolation: Spending too much time playing Boom Beach can lead to feelings of isolation as you spend less time engaging with family and friends.
- 4. Loss of Sleep: Staying up late to play Boom Beach can lead to a loss of quality sleep, which can negatively affect your mental health.
- 5. Loss of Time: Spending too much time playing Boom Beach can lead to a loss of time that could be used for better purposes.
Does boom beach cause stress and anxiety?
It is possible that playing Boom Beach for extended periods of time or experiencing a lot of losses in the game could contribute to stress or anxiety. However, it ultimately depends on the individual’s personal tolerance for frustration and how they handle competitive situations. It is important to take breaks and engage in other activities to maintain a healthy balance and avoid excessive stress or anxiety.
Can boom beach addiction lead to sadness and depression?
Yes, excessive and uncontrolled addiction to any video game, including Boom Beach, can lead to sadness and depression. Addiction to video games can cause a person to neglect personal responsibilities, such as school, work, and relationships, leading to feelings of guilt, isolation, and loneliness. Moreover, the constant stimulation and excitement provided by the game can create a dependence on the game for happiness and fulfillment, leading to feelings of emptiness and dissatisfaction with real-life experiences.
Additionally, the fear of missing out on in-game events and rewards can cause anxiety and stress, further exacerbating feelings of sadness and depression. It is essential to maintain a healthy balance between gaming and other aspects of life to avoid the negative consequences of addiction.
Dopamine and boom beach
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter in the brain that is associated with feelings of pleasure and reward. Boom Beach is a mobile strategy game that can release dopamine in the brain when players achieve certain goals, such as completing levels or unlocking new features. This release of dopamine can create a sense of satisfaction and motivation to continue playing the game, leading to a potential addiction to the game. The game’s design, with its reward systems and constant updates and challenges, is specifically crafted to trigger the release of dopamine in the brain and keep players engaged.
boom beach effects on Focus, productivity, attention span, academic performance…
Playing Boom Beach for extended periods of time can have a negative impact on focus, productivity, attention span, and academic performance. This is because excessive gaming can lead to a lack of sleep, poor time management, and reduced physical activity, all of which can negatively affect cognitive function and academic performance.
Additionally, the constant stimulation and instant gratification of gaming can lead to a decreased ability to focus on important tasks and a reduced attention span. However, playing the game in moderation and balancing it with other activities can help prevent these negative effects.
A word about ADHD and boom beach
It is possible that people with ADHD may interact differently with Boom Beach due to their cognitive differences. ADHD can affect attention, focus, and impulsivity, which can impact gameplay. For example, individuals with ADHD may struggle to stay focused on a task for a long time, which could make it challenging to complete levels or missions. They may also be more impulsive, which could lead to making hasty decisions that are not strategic.
On the other hand, people with ADHD may also be more creative and innovative in their gameplay. They may be more likely to come up with new strategies or approaches that other players may not have thought of.
Additionally, the fast-paced and stimulating nature of the game may appeal to individuals with ADHD, as they may enjoy the excitement and challenge.
Overall, there is no one definitive answer to how individuals with ADHD may interact with Boom Beach or any other video game. The impact of ADHD on gameplay will depend on the individual and the severity of their symptoms.
affecting your relationships
boom beach and self-esteem
Boom Beach is a mobile strategy game that involves building a base, training troops, and attacking enemy bases. While playing games like Boom Beach can be a fun way to pass the time, it’s important to consider how they might affect our self-esteem.
On one hand, playing Boom Beach can be a confidence booster. Successfully building a strong base and defeating enemy bases can give players a sense of accomplishment and pride. It can also build teamwork and communication skills when playing with others.
However, the game can also negatively impact self-esteem. Losing battles repeatedly can cause frustration and feelings of inadequacy. It can also lead to comparisons with other players who might be more skilled or have better resources, leading to a sense of inferiority.
Moreover, the game can become addictive, leading to players dedicating long hours and feeling guilty or anxious when not playing. This can cause feelings of low self-worth and a lack of control.
In summary, while playing Boom Beach can be a fun way to challenge oneself and build skills, it’s important to be mindful of how it’s affecting our self-esteem and overall well-being. It’s important to take breaks and not let the game consume too much of our time and energy.
boom beach addiction leads to isolation and loneliness?
It is possible for any kind of addiction to lead to social isolation and loneliness, including a video game addiction like Boom Beach. When someone becomes addicted to a game, they may spend excessive amounts of time playing it, neglecting their relationships, responsibilities, and other activities. This can lead to strained relationships with family and friends, and the person may become increasingly isolated as they withdraw from social interactions and only focus on the game. Over time, this can lead to feelings of loneliness and disconnection from others. It is important to recognize the signs of addiction and seek help if necessary to prevent negative consequences.
Effects of boom beach on your relationship
- 1. Cooperation and teamwork: Playing Boom Beach together can promote cooperation and teamwork between partners, as they work together to build and defend their base against the enemy.
- 2. Communication: Playing Boom Beach can improve communication between partners, as they discuss strategies, resources and tactics to win the game.
- 3. Fun and bonding: Playing Boom Beach together can be a fun and bonding experience for couples, as they share the excitement and challenges of the game.
- 1. Time spent on the game: Playing Boom Beach can take up a lot of time, which can lead to neglecting other aspects of the relationship.
- 2. Arguments and conflicts: Disagreements over strategies or resources in the game can lead to arguments and conflicts between partners.
- 3. Addiction: Playing Boom Beach excessively can lead to addiction, which can negatively impact the relationship and other areas of life.
How To Stop & quit Your boom beach Addiction
Finally you think you are addicted to boom beach and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for boom beach?
Here are the best solutions, steps, supports, resources and help you can get to treat your boom beach addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the boom beach addiction
- 1. Admit that you have a problem. Acknowledging that you have an addiction is the first step to getting help.
- 2. Cut down your play time. Start by slowly reducing the amount of time you spend playing the game each day.
- 3. Find a new hobby. Replace the time you would spend playing the game with activities and hobbies that can help you stay away from the game.
- 4. Avoid triggers. Uninstall the game from your device and block websites, apps and games that are similar or related to it.
- 5. Talk to someone. Reach out and talk to someone you trust about your addiction and seek help if needed.
- 6. Seek professional help. If you find that you are still struggling with the addiction, consider seeking professional help from a therapist or an addiction specialist.
Actually, that’s what most documentation out there is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including boom beach:
1. Purge temptations: Get rid of boom beach
First, cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your boom beach accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up: