Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions toFortnite,Facebook,Instagram,porn,Netflix, Youtube,Tinder… Findall the posts about digital addiction. Today, let’s talk about how to quit the aliexpress addiction.
- What’s the aliexpress addiction?
- Addiction to aliexpress, a “real” addiction?
- What’s considered aliexpress addiction
- How much aliexpress is too much?
- Some online shopping addiction facts & statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the aliexpress addiction
- Why is aliexpress so addictive?
- Possible causes of aliexpress dependency
- Symptoms, Causes and Signs of aliexpress addiction
- Problems, impacts & bad effects of aliexpress
- Some benefits of aliexpress
- health problems
- impact on brain & mental health
- impact on relationships
- How to stop & quit your aliexpress addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the aliexpress addiction
- Best aliexpress blocker apps & functionalities
- where to seek extra help?
- To Go Further
- How to help someone with aliexpress addiction
- Best books about online shopping addiction
- Research about online shopping addiction
What is the aliexpress addiction?
Aliexpress is an online shopping platform offering a large selection of products at low prices. It offers buyers and sellers a secure way to buy and sell products worldwide.
Addiction to aliexpress, a “real” addiction?
Officially an addiction?
First, let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes aliexpress addiction?
No, aliexpress addiction is not listed in the DSM-5, the official manual of mental disorders published by the American Psychiatric Association.
So what means “aliexpress addiction”?
Aliexpress addiction is a term used to describe an individual’s excessive use of the online shopping website Aliexpress. It is often characterized by a compulsion to buy unnecessary items, an inability to stop shopping, or a tendency to overspend.
What is considered aliexpress addiction?
- 1. Preoccupation with online shopping: Spending increasing amounts of time searching for deals and making purchases on AliExpress.
- 2. Spending more money than you can afford: Loss of control when it comes to spending money on AliExpress despite having a budget.
- 3. Withdrawal symptoms when not shopping: Experiencing symptoms of anxiety, depression, or irritability when not shopping on AliExpress.
- 4. Using AliExpress as a form of escape: Shopping on AliExpress to escape from stress or negative emotions.
- 5. Declining performance in other areas of life: Neglecting responsibilities or hobbies in favor of AliExpress shopping.
- 6. Neglecting relationships: Prioritizing AliExpress shopping over relationships with friends, family, or significant others.
How much aliexpress is too much?
It depends on the individual. If you find that you are spending too much time on AliExpress and it is impacting your daily activities, then it may be a good idea to take a break and evaluate your use of the website.
Some online shopping addiction facts & statistics
We can provide you with some statistics related to online shopping addiction:
- 1. According to a study by CouponFollow, 57% of online shoppers admit to making a purchase they regretteddue to compulsive shopping behavior.
- 2. A survey conducted by Finder.com found that 23% of Americans have made a purchase they regretted while under the influence of alcohol, highlighting how impulsive online shopping can be.
- 3. A study by Harris Poll found that 81% of Americans have made an online purchase in the past year, and 20% of those shoppers made purchases at least once a week.
- 4. According to a survey by Statista, 42% of online shoppers in the US reported spending more moneyonline than they had intended.
- 5. A study by the University of California, San Francisco found that online shopping addiction affects approximately 5.5% of the US population.
Is the aliexpress addiction widespread?
It is possible that some individuals may become addicted to online shopping in general, including AliExpress. Addiction to shopping can be harmful if it leads to financial problems or other negative consequences. It is important to maintain a healthy balance and use self-control when shopping online.
Symptoms, Causes and Signs of aliexpress addiction
Why is aliexpress so addictive?
Aliexpress is so addictive because it offers a wide variety of products, often at discounted prices, that can be conveniently purchased from home.
Additionally, the website offers a range of promotional deals and discounts, allowing shoppers to save even more money. The website also offers an easy-to-use, intuitive interface for completing orders quickly and securely. Finally, Aliexpress offers a customer loyalty program, which rewards customers for returning purchases and shopping frequently.
Possible causes of aliexpress dependency
- 1. Low prices: Aliexpress offers incredibly low prices compared to other online retailers, which makes it incredibly tempting to shop on the site.
- 2. Wide selection: Aliexpress has a wide selection of items available, making it easy to find what you’re looking for.
- 3. Convenience: Shopping on Aliexpress is incredibly convenient since you can shop from anywhere with an internet connection.
- 4. Variety of payment methods: Aliexpress offers a variety of payment methods, making it easier to purchase the items you want.
- 5. Rewards: Aliexpress offers rewards for loyal customers, which further encourages people to shop on the site.
- 6. Social media marketing: Aliexpress heavily promotes its products and services on social media, making it more visible to potential shoppers.
Signs & Symptoms of aliexpress addiction
Now let’s see if you have the aliexpress addiction problem.
- 1. You spend hours browsing the Aliexpress website looking for the perfect item.
- 2. You have a mental list of items you want to buy from Aliexpress.
- 3. You check the Aliexpress website daily to see what new products they have.
- 4. You have more than one Aliexpress account.
- 5. You find yourself buying from Aliexpress even when you don’t really need the item.
- 6. You have a folder dedicated to screenshots of the items you want to buy from Aliexpress.
- 7. You find yourself recommending Aliexpress to your friends and family.
Problems, impacts & bad effects of aliexpress: should you quit?
What are some benefits of aliexpress
- 1. Low Prices: AliExpress is known for its low prices that are typically much lower than those of other online retailers. This is due to the large variety of sellers offering their products on AliExpress, which allows for competitive pricing.
- 2. Variety: AliExpress offers a wide range of products from different sellers, so customers can easily find what they are looking for.
- 3. Quality: AliExpress has a reputation for offering high-quality products from reliable sellers. Many of the items are also backed by warranties.
- 4. Convenience: Shopping on AliExpress is easy and convenient. Customers can shop from the comfort of their own homes and have their items delivered to their doorsteps.
- 5. International Shipping: AliExpress offers international shipping to most countries around the world. This makes it easy for customers to shop from different parts of the world.
- 6. Customer Service: AliExpress provides excellent customer service. Customers can easily contact customer service representatives with any questions or concerns they may have.
But at the opposite, what can be some aliexpress addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
There are no direct health effects associated with using AliExpress. However, when shopping online, people should be aware of the potential for identity theft and other types of scams.
Additionally, if people are buying products from overseas, they should consider any potential health and safety risks associated with the product.
aliexpress and sleep disorder
No, AliExpress is an online marketplace and does not have the ability to create sleep disorders or sleep problems. However, excessive use of electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, and computers, which may be used to shop on AliExpress, can disrupt sleep patterns and lead to sleep problems. It is recommended to limit the use of electronic devices before bedtime to improve sleep quality.
aliexpress affecting your brain & mental health: bad for brain and mental health?
Some effects of aliexpress on your brain
1. Mental Exhaustion: Shopping for a variety of items on AliExpress can be mentally tiring and cause mental exhaustion. This can lead to difficulty concentrating, fatigue, and even depression.
2. Decision Fatigue: Making decisions on AliExpress can be overwhelming due to the large selection of items available. This can result in decision fatigue, which can lead to impulsive buying, which can lead to buyer’s remorse.
3. Addiction: Shopping on AliExpress can be addictive, as the variety of items and low prices can be difficult to resist. This can cause people to spend more money than they can afford, leading to financial problems.
Some effects of aliexpress on your mental health
- 1. Anxiety: Many people find themselves anxious when shopping on AliExpress due to the fear of not receiving their order or not receiving the quality product they expected.
- 2. Stress: The pressure to make the best decision when shopping on AliExpress can be stressful for some people.
- 3. Frustration: Many people become frustrated when dealing with customer service representatives or when an order is lost or delayed.
- 4. Impulsivity: It can be easy to get carried away when shopping on AliExpress and impulsively purchase items that are not necessary. This can lead to buyers’ remorse and a feeling of regret.
Does aliexpress cause stress and anxiety?
Using AliExpress may cause stress or anxiety for some people, especially if they experience:
- 1. Uncertainty: There can be uncertainty about the quality of the products, delivery time, and seller’s reliability.
- 2. Communication barriers: As AliExpress is an international platform, communication can be difficult due to language barriers and different time zones.
- 3. Shipping delays: Shipping delays can cause frustration and anxiety, especially if the product is needed urgently.
- 4. Security concerns: There can be concerns about the security of personal information and payment details.
- 5. Refund issues: Some buyers may experience difficulties in getting refunds for defective products or failed deliveries.
It’s important to manage expectations and do thorough research before making a purchase on AliExpress to minimize the risk of stress or anxiety.
Can aliexpress addiction lead to sadness and depression?
Yes, it is possible for an addiction to shopping on AliExpress or any other online store to lead to sadness and depression. Shopping addiction, like any other addiction, can result in negative consequences such as financial problems, social isolation, and feelings of guilt or shame.
Excessive shopping can also become a coping mechanism for individuals who are struggling with stress, anxiety, or depression. However, the temporary high of buying something new wears off quickly, leaving the individual feeling worse than before.
It is important to seek help if you or someone you know is struggling with shopping addiction or any other type of addiction that is impacting their mental health.
Dopamine and aliexpress
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that is associated with pleasure and reward in the brain. When we experience something pleasurable, dopamine is released in our brains, creating a positive sensation. AliExpress is an online marketplace where people can buy and sell goods from all over the world. The connection between dopamine and AliExpress is that people may experience a dopamine rush when they find something they have been looking for or when they get a good deal on a product they want to purchase. This can lead to a sense of satisfaction and pleasure, which can be addictive and lead to compulsive buying behavior. However, it’s important to be mindful and not let the rush of dopamine override rational decision-making when shopping on AliExpress or any other online marketplace.
aliexpress effects on Focus, productivity, attention span, academic performance…
Aliexpress is an online shopping platform where users can purchase a wide variety of products. While using Aliexpress may be distracting and time-consuming, it is unlikely to have a significant impact on focus, productivity, attention span, or academic performance. However, excessive use of online shopping platforms can lead to procrastination and may interfere with important tasks and responsibilities. It is important to use online shopping platforms responsibly and set boundaries to avoid negative impacts on academic and personal goals.
A word about ADHD and aliexpress
People with ADHD may have difficulties with attention, focus, and organization, which may affect how they interact with online shopping platforms like AliExpress. They may find it challenging to navigate and stay focused on the website, leading to impulsive buying decisions or leaving items in their shopping cart. It is essential to find strategies or tools that can help manage ADHD symptoms and improve online shopping experiences.
affecting your relationships
aliexpress and self-esteem
AliExpress is an online shopping platform that allows people to buy products from various sellers around the world. Whether or not AliExpress affects someone’s self-esteem depends on their personal relationship with shopping and their experiences on the platform. Here are a few ways that AliExpress could potentially affect someone’s self-esteem:
- 1. Positive shopping experiences: If someone has positive experiences on AliExpress, such as finding great deals on products they love or receiving high-quality items, it could boost their self-esteem. They may feel proud of their shopping skills and happy with the items they’ve purchased.
- 2. Negative shopping experiences: On the other hand, if someone has negative experiences on AliExpress, such as receiving low-quality items or dealing with unresponsive or unhelpful sellers, it could lower their self-esteem. They may feel frustrated, disappointed, and like they wasted their money.
- 3. Comparison to others: If someone frequently compares their shopping experiences on AliExpress to those of others, it could affect their self-esteem. For example, if they see someone else getting better deals or higher-quality items, they may feel like they’re not as good at shopping or that they’re missing out.
- 4. Materialism: If someone places a lot of importance on material possessions and acquiring new things, using AliExpress to shop could potentially reinforce this mindset. They may feel like they need to constantly buy new things to feel good about themselves, which could negatively impact their self-esteem in the long run.
Overall, whether or not AliExpress affects someone’s self-esteem depends on a variety of factors, including their personal shopping habits, experiences on the platform, and mindset around material possessions.
aliexpress addiction leads to isolation and loneliness?
It is possible for an addiction to AliExpress or any other online shopping platform to lead to isolation and loneliness. Excessive use of technology and online shopping can lead to a decrease in face-to-face interactions and social connections, which can result in feelings of loneliness and isolation.
Additionally, if someone is spending an excessive amount of time and money on online shopping, it can lead to financial problems, which can also contribute to feelings of isolation and stress. It’s important to maintain a balance between online activities and real-life interactions to avoid the negative effects of technology addiction.
Effects of aliexpress on your relationship
- 1. Increased affordability: AliExpress offers products at lower prices, which can help couples save money on purchases and reduce financial stress.
- 2. Convenience: Shopping on AliExpress can be done from the comfort of one’s home, which can save time and energy for couples who lead busy lives.
- 3. Variety: AliExpress offers a wide range of products, which can help couples find unique and personalized gifts for each other.
- 1. Trust issues: Shopping on AliExpress requires trusting the seller and the platform, which can lead to anxiety and mistrust if a product doesn’t meet expectations or if there are issues with shipping or returns.
- 2. Quality issues: The quality of products on AliExpress can vary widely, which can lead to disappointment and frustration if a product doesn’t meet expectations.
- 3. Addiction: The ease and convenience of shopping on AliExpress can lead to compulsive buying behaviors, which can strain relationships if one partner feels the other is spending too much money or time on the platform.
How To Stop & quit Your aliexpress Addiction
Finally you think you are addicted to aliexpress and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for aliexpress?
Here are the best solutions, steps, supports, resources and help you can get to treat your aliexpress addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the aliexpress addiction
- 1. Identify the reasons behind your addiction: Take some time to identify why you are addicted to AliExpress. Is it because of an emotional need, boredom, or simply a need to buy things?
- 2. Make a list of your goals: Make a list of what you would like to achieve in life, such as getting a better job, learning a new skill, or traveling. This will help to redirect your focus away from AliExpress.
- 3. Create a budget: Create a budget for yourself and identify how much you can spend each month on AliExpress. This will help you to keep track of your spending and stay within your budget.
- 4. Limit your time: Set limits on how much time you spend on AliExpress each day or week. This will help you to stay focused and avoid getting distracted.
- 5. Seek professional help: If you are finding it difficult to break your addiction, then seek professional help. Counselling or therapy may be beneficial in helping you to overcome your addiction.
Actually, that’s what most documentation out there is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including aliexpress:
1. Purge temptations: Get rid of aliexpress
First, cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your aliexpress accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up: