Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addictions toFortnite,Facebook,Instagram,porn,Netflix, Youtube,Tinder… Findall the posts about digital addiction. Today, let’s talk about how to quit the adidas addiction.
- What’s the adidas addiction?
- Addiction to adidas, a “real” addiction?
- What’s considered adidas addiction
- How much adidas is too much?
- Some Online shopping addiction facts & statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the adidas addiction
- Why is adidas so addictive?
- Possible causes of adidas dependency
- Symptoms, Causes and Signs of adidas addiction
- Problems, impacts & bad effects of adidas
- Some benefits of adidas
- health problems
- impact on brain & mental health
- impact on relationships
- How to stop & quit your adidas addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the adidas addiction
- Best adidas blocker apps & functionalities
- where to seek extra help?
- To Go Further
- How to help someone with adidas addiction
- Best books about Online shopping addiction
- Research about Online shopping addiction
What is the adidas addiction?
Adidas is a multinational corporation that designs and manufactures sports shoes, apparel, and accessories. It is one of the largest sportswear manufacturers in the world and has a presence in over 160 countries, with its headquarters in Germany.
Addiction to adidas, a “real” addiction?
Officially an addiction?
First, let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes adidas addiction?
No, Adidas addiction is not listed as a diagnosable disorder in the DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition) or any other recognized diagnostic manual. While some people may develop an obsessive or compulsive relationship with acquiring Adidas products, this would likely fall under the broader category of a shopping addiction or compulsive buying disorder.
So what means “adidas addiction”?
Adidas addiction refers to the strong attachment and loyalty that some people feel towards Adidas products. This can manifest in various ways, such as collecting multiple pairs of Adidas shoes or clothing, tracking limited edition releases, following Adidas-sponsored athletes or teams, and attending Adidas-sponsored events. It is similar to other brand addictions, where individuals feel a strong sense of identity and community through their association with a particular brand.
What is considered adidas addiction?
Here are some potential signs that someone may be addicted to Adidas products:
- 1. Obsessive behavior: The person may frequently talk about Adidas products, constantly seek out new releases, and spend a significant amount of time browsing Adidas websites or stores.
- 2. Spending excessive amounts of money: The person may spend a large portion of their income on Adidas products, even if it means sacrificing other necessities.
- 3. Prioritizing Adidas over other responsibilities: The person may prioritize purchasing or wearing Adidas products over other important tasks or responsibilities, such as work or family obligations.
- 4. Emotional attachment: The person may feel a strong emotional connection to Adidas products, and may become distressed or upset if they are unable to acquire a desired item.
- 5. Social isolation: The person may prioritize their love for Adidas over social relationships, leading to isolation from friends and family who do not share their passion for the brand.
It’s important to note that these signs may also be present in individuals who simply have a strong affinity for a particular brand or hobby, and do not necessarily indicate addiction. If you are concerned about your own or a loved one’s relationship with Adidas or any other brand, it may be helpful to seek the advice of a mental health professional.
How much adidas is too much?
The amount of time spent on adidas depends on an individual’s personal circumstances, priorities, and goals. For example, if someone enjoys shopping, following fashion trends, or is a fan of the brand, they may spend more time on adidas than others. On the other hand, if someone has other responsibilities, such as work, school, or family, they may have less time to spend on the brand. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to determine how much time they want to spend on adidas and balance it with other aspects of their life.
Some Online shopping addiction facts & statistics
We can provide you with some statistics related to online shopping addiction:
- 1. According to a study by CouponFollow, 57% of online shoppers admit to making a purchase they regretteddue to compulsive shopping behavior.
- 2. A survey conducted by Finder.com found that 23% of Americans have made a purchase they regretted while under the influence of alcohol, highlighting how impulsive online shopping can be.
- 3. A study by Harris Poll found that 81% of Americans have made an online purchase in the past year, and 20% of those shoppers made purchases at least once a week.
- 4. According to a survey by Statista, 42% of online shoppers in the US reported spending more moneyonline than they had intended.
- 5. A study by the University of California, San Francisco found that online shopping addiction affects approximately 5.5% of the US population.
Is the adidas addiction widespread?
Adidas is a popular brand worldwide, and many people are loyal to the brand and its products. Some people may have a strong affinity for Adidas products and collect them, while others may simply find them comfortable or fashionable. It’s essential to note that addiction is a serious issue that affects individuals’ behavior and mental health, and seeking professional help is recommended for anyone struggling with addiction.
Symptoms, Causes and Signs of adidas addiction
Why is adidas so addictive?
Adidas is a popular brand known for its stylish and high-quality athletic wear, shoes, and accessories. The company has a long-standing reputation for producing products that are not only comfortable and functional but also fashionable. People often become attached to the brand because of its perceived value and status.
Additionally, the brand’s marketing and advertising strategies may contribute to its addictiveness, as they often feature popular athletes and celebrities and create a sense of exclusivity and desirability. Overall, the appeal of Adidas can be attributed to a combination of quality, style, and branding.
Possible causes of adidas dependency
” However, some possible reasons why someone may develop a strong attachment to Adidas products are:
- 1. Brand loyalty: Adidas is a well-known and popular brand that has a reputation for quality and style. People who are loyal to the brand may feel a sense of identification and pride in wearing their products.
- 2. Social influence: Seeing others wearing Adidas products or being part of a community that values the brand can influence someone’s decision to purchase and wear Adidas products.
- 3. Marketing tactics: Adidas uses various marketing strategies to promote its products, such as sponsoring athletes and celebrities, offering limited edition releases, and partnering with popular brands. These tactics can create hype and exclusivity around the brand.
- 4. Comfort and performance: Adidas products are known for their comfort and performance, which can make them appealing to people who value these qualities in their footwear and apparel.
- 5. Personal style: Some people may simply enjoy the look and style of Adidas products, and choose to wear them as part of their personal style.
Signs & Symptoms of adidas addiction
Now let’s see if you have the adidas addiction problem.
- 1. Your closet is filled with adidas apparel: If you own a significant amount of adidas clothing and shoes, you may be an adidas addict. Your wardrobe is dominated by adidas items, and you can’t resist buying new pieces whenever you get the chance.
- 2. You follow adidas on social media: You eagerly await the latest news, releases, and collaborations from adidas, and you follow them on all social media platforms. You love to stay updated on the latest trends and styles.
- 3. You know the history of adidas: You know everything about the history of adidas, from the founder to the different collections and collaborations. You love to share your knowledge of adidas with others.
- 4. You collect limited edition adidas items: You are always on the hunt for limited edition adidas items, from sneakers to clothing. You know the value of these items and the rarity of finding them.
- 5. You always wear adidas: You wear adidas every day, whether you are going to the gym, running errands, or just hanging out with friends. You love the comfort and style of adidas, and can’t imagine wearing anything else.
- 6. You attend adidas events: You attend adidas events, from product launches to fashion shows. You love being part of the adidas community and getting to meet other adidas addicts.
- 7. You prioritize adidas purchases: You prioritize buying adidas items over other purchases, even if it means sacrificing other things. You need the latest adidas sneakers or clothing to complete your collection.
Problems, impacts & bad effects of adidas: should you quit?
What are some benefits of adidas
Adidas is a popular brand that has a wide range of advantages and benefits. Here are some of the main pros and advantages of Adidas:
- 1. High-quality products: Adidas has a reputation for producing high-quality products that are durable and long-lasting.
- 2. Innovative designs: Adidas is known for its innovative designs, which are not only stylish but also functional.
- 3. Wide range of products: Adidas offers a wide range of products, including shoes, clothing, and accessories, which cater to different needs and preferences.
- 4. Comfort: Adidas products are designed to provide maximum comfort, whether you’re working out or just going about your day.
- 5. Sustainability: Adidas has a strong commitment to sustainability and has implemented various initiatives to reduce its impact on the environment.
- 6. Brand recognition: Adidas is a well-known brand that has a strong reputation for quality and style.
- 7. Sponsorship deals: Adidas has sponsorship deals with some of the biggest athletes and sports teams in the world, which helps to reinforce its brand image and credibility.
Overall, Adidas is a great brand that offers high-quality products, innovative designs, and a commitment to sustainability, making it a popular choice for many consumers.But at the opposite, what can be some adidas addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
There are several potential effects of Adidas on your health, both positive and negative:
- 1. Comfort: Adidas shoes are designed to provide cushioning and support, which can reduce discomfort and stress on your feet, knees, and back while walking or running.
- 2. Protection: Adidas shoes can protect your feet from injuries caused by slips, falls, and impact.
- 3. Motivation: Wearing stylish and comfortable Adidas sportswear can motivate you to engage in physical activity and exercise, which can improve your overall health and fitness.
- 1. Overuse injuries: Wearing Adidas shoes that are worn out or do not fit properly can lead to overuse injuries such as plantar fasciitis, shin splints, and stress fractures.
- 2. Allergies: Some people may develop an allergic reaction to the materials used in Adidas shoes or clothing.
- 3. Skin irritation: Tight-fitting Adidas clothing can cause skin irritation and chafing, especially if you sweat excessively during exercise.
Overall, the effects of Adidas on your health depend on how you use their products and whether you take care of your feet and body while wearing them.
adidas and sleep disorder
No, Adidas cannot create sleep disorders or sleep problems as they are a sportswear and accessories brand that focuses on providing comfortable and high-quality products for athletes and active individuals. Sleep disorders and problems are typically caused by factors such as stress, poor sleep habits, medical conditions, and environmental factors. It is important to consult a healthcare professional if you are experiencing sleep problems or disorders.
adidas affecting your brain & mental health: bad for brain and mental health?
Some effects of adidas on your brain
We can provide some information on the potential negative effects of consumerism and the overemphasis on material possessions, which may be associated with the Adidas brand.
Excessive materialism and consumerism can lead to negative psychological effects, such as increased stress, anxiety, and dissatisfaction with life. This is because people who place too much value on material possessions may feel pressured to constantly acquire more things to maintain their status or self-worth, leading to a cycle of never feeling satisfied.
Additionally, the marketing tactics used by companies such as Adidas can contribute to the overemphasis on material possessions and consumerism. Advertising that promotes the idea that owning certain products will make you more attractive, popular, or successful can create unrealistic expectations and cause people to make purchases that they may not necessarily need or can afford.
It’s important to maintain a balanced perspective when it comes to material possessions and consumerism and prioritize things that bring genuine happiness and fulfillment, such as personal relationships and experiences.
Some effects of adidas on your mental health
There is no evidence to suggest that Adidas has any direct negative effects on mental health. However, excessive consumption of products or material possessions, in general, can lead to a sense of materialism and comparison with others, which may affect self-esteem and mental well-being. It is essential to maintain a healthy balance between material possessions and other aspects of life that contribute to overall happiness and well-being.
Does adidas cause stress and anxiety?
It is unlikely that Adidas, as a brand, would directly cause stress or anxiety. However, if an individual experiences stress or anxiety related to their personal experiences with the brand (e.g. financial strain from purchasing expensive Adidas products, pressure to fit in with social groups that wear Adidas), it is possible that they could feel stressed or anxious in relation to the brand. It is important to remember that everyone’s experiences and reactions are unique and valid. If an individual is experiencing stress or anxiety related to a particular brand, they may benefit from seeking support from a mental health professional.
Can adidas addiction lead to sadness and depression?
Addiction can cause changes in brain chemistry and disrupt normal brain function, leading to mood swings and emotional instability.
Additionally, excessive spending on Adidas products can lead to financial stress and hardship, which can contribute to feelings of sadness and depression. It is important to seek professional help if you or someone you know is struggling with addiction and negative emotional states.
Dopamine and adidas
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter in the brain that is associated with pleasure and reward. Adidas, on the other hand, is a multinational corporation that designs and manufactures sportswear and footwear. There is no direct connection between dopamine and Adidas, but it is possible that wearing Adidas apparel or shoes can trigger the release of dopamine in some individuals, especially if they associate the brand with positive experiences or achievements, such as winning a game or achieving a fitness goal.
Additionally, Adidas may use marketing strategies that appeal to the reward center of the brain, such as offering discounts or exclusive products to create a sense of excitement and anticipation, which can also trigger the release of dopamine.
adidas effects on Focus, productivity, attention span, academic performance…
There is no scientific evidence to suggest that wearing Adidas affects focus, productivity, attention span, or academic performance. These factors are influenced by a variety of other variables such as individual motivation, sleep, nutrition, and learning environment. The type of clothing one wears may affect their confidence and self-esteem, which could indirectly impact these factors. However, there is no direct link between Adidas clothing and the aforementioned factors.
A word about ADHD and adidas
There is no evidence to suggest that people with ADHD interact differently with Adidas or any other brand than individuals without ADHD. ADHD affects an individual’s ability to focus, pay attention, and regulate impulses, but it does not impact one’s ability to interact with brands or products. The way individuals interact with a brand or product is influenced by personal preferences, experiences, and other factors that are not related to ADHD.
affecting your relationships
adidas and self-esteem
Adidas can affect self-esteem in several ways:
- 1. Brand association: Adidas is a well-known brand and wearing its products can make people feel like they are part of a cool and stylish community. This sense of belonging can boost self-esteem.
- 2. Performance enhancement: Adidas products are designed for sports and physical activities. Wearing high-quality sportswear can make people feel more confident and motivated during workouts, leading to a sense of accomplishment and improved self-esteem.
- 3. Social status: Adidas products can be expensive and owning them can signal social status. This can lead to feelings of pride and increased self-esteem.
- 4. Self-expression: Adidas offers a variety of styles and designs, allowing people to express their individual personalities through their clothing choices. This can lead to a sense of confidence and authenticity, boosting self-esteem.
Overall, wearing Adidas products can positively affect self-esteem by providing a sense of community, performance enhancement, social status, and self-expression.
adidas addiction leads to isolation and loneliness?
It is unlikely that addiction to a specific brand of clothing or footwear, such as Adidas, would directly lead to isolation and loneliness. However, if someone becomes excessively fixated on buying and wearing Adidas products, they could potentially prioritize their obsession over other aspects of their life, such as spending time with friends and family. This could eventually lead to feelings of isolation and loneliness.
Additionally, if someone is struggling with an underlying mental health issue, such as anxiety or depression, their fixation on Adidas or any other brand could be a symptom of their condition and contribute to feelings of isolation and loneliness.
Effects of adidas on your relationship
- 1. Sharing a common interest in Adidas products can help bring couples or friends together and create a shared bond.
- 2. Sporting Adidas clothing or shoes can be motivating and encourage an active lifestyle, which can improve physical and mental health.
- 3. Adidas sponsorships of sports events or teams can provide opportunities for couples or friends to attend and enjoy together.
- 1. Overindulgence in buying Adidas products can lead to financial strain and stress on relationships.
- 2. Prioritizing athletic pursuits over spending time with loved ones can create feelings of neglect and distance.
- 3. The pressure to maintain a certain athletic image, often associated with Adidas, can lead to body image issues and strain on relationships.
How To Stop & quit Your adidas Addiction
Finally you think you are addicted to adidas and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for adidas?
Here are the best solutions, steps, supports, resources and help you can get to treat your adidas addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the adidas addiction
If you feel that you have an addiction to Adidas or any other brand, it is important to seek professional help from a healthcare provider or addiction specialist. They can provide you with a personalized treatment plan that may include:
- 1. Acknowledge the addiction: Accept and acknowledge that you have an addiction to Adidas and that it is causing problems in your life.
- 2. Set achievable goals: Set realistic and achievable goals to overcome the addiction. This may include reducing the amount of time and money you spend on Adidas products.
- 3. Seek support: Reach out to friends and family for support, or consider joining a support group or enlisting the help of a therapist or counselor.
- 4. Replace the addiction with a healthy habit: Find a new hobby or activity that can replace the time and energy you once spent on Adidas. This could be anything from reading to exercise.
- 5. Stay accountable: Stay accountable to yourself and others by tracking your progress and celebrating your milestones along the way.
Actually, that’s what most documentation out there is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including adidas:
1. Purge temptations: Get rid of adidas
First, cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your adidas accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up: