Welcome to our digital detoxing series! A series on how to stop addiction to Roblox, all the posts about digital addiction. Today, let’s talk about how to quit the 8 ball pool addiction.
- What’s the 8 ball pool addiction?
- Addiction to 8 ball pool, a “real” addiction?
- What’s considered 8 ball pool addiction
- How much 8 ball pool is too much?
- Some Video games addiction facts & statistics
- Symptoms & Causes of the 8 ball pool addiction
- Why is 8 ball pool so addictive?
- Possible causes of 8 ball pool dependency
- Symptoms, Causes and Signs of 8 ball pool addiction
- Problems, impacts & bad effects of 8 ball pool
- Some benefits of 8 ball pool
- health problems
- impact on brain & mental health
- impact on relationships
- How to stop & quit your 8 ball pool addiction
- Main steps and solutions to break the 8 ball pool addiction
- Best 8 ball pool blocker apps & functionalities
- where to seek extra help?
- To Go Further
- How to help someone with 8 ball pool addiction
- Best books about Video games addiction
- Research about Video games addiction
What is the 8 ball pool addiction?
About 8 ball pool
8 Ball Pool is a online billiards game where players can compete against each other in 1v1 or 8-player tournaments. Players use their cue to aim and shoot at the balls to pocket them in the designated pockets.
Addiction to 8 ball pool, a “real” addiction?
Officially an addiction?
First, let’s have a look to the DSM-5,the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Does it includes 8 ball pool addiction?
No, 8 Ball Pool addiction is not listed in the DSM-5.
So what means “8 ball pool addiction”?
8 Ball Pool Addiction is a term used to describe a person’s compulsive need to play the popular online billiards game. The game is highly addictive due to its simple yet highly competitive nature. Players can compete with one another in tournaments and leaderboards, leading to an intense desire to become the best. Many players report difficulty in quitting the game, and some will play for hours at a time.
What is considered 8 ball pool addiction?
- 1. Excessive gaming: Spending hours playing 8 ball pool or any other game, to the detriment of other activities.
- 2. Preoccupation with the game: Thinking about the game or planning out strategies for it even when not playing.
- 3. Withdrawal symptoms: Feeling irritable, anxious, or depressed when not playing.
- 4. Loss of control: Being unable to limit the amount of time spent playing, despite attempts to do so.
- 5. Tolerance: Needing to play longer or more often to get the same level of enjoyment.
- 6. Inability to fulfill responsibilities: Neglecting school, work, or family obligations in order to play 8 ball pool.
- 7. Unsuccessful attempts to quit: Repeated unsuccessful attempts to quit or limit playing.
- 8. Continuing to play despite negative consequences: Continuing to play despite negative consequences such as relationship problems, financial issues, or legal troubles.
How much 8 ball pool is too much?
There is no definitive answer to this question. It depends on the individual and their lifestyle. However, if you find that you are spending an excessive amount of time on 8 ball pool and it is affecting your daily responsibilities, then it may be time to take a break.
Some Video games addiction facts & statistics
Video game addiction, also known as gaming disorder, is a relatively new phenomenon and the statistics vary depending on the source and definition of addiction. Here are some statistics related to video game addiction:
1. According to a survey conducted by the Entertainment Software Association, 65% of American adults play video games, and the average age of a video gamer is 35 years old.
2. According to a study published in the Journal of Adolescent Health, approximately 8.5% of adolescents in the United States meet the criteria for video game addiction.
3. The World Health Organization (WHO) included gaming disorder as a diagnosable conditionin the 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11.. The WHO estimates that gaming disorder affects 3-4% of gamers.
4. According to a study published in the Journal of Medical Internet Research, gamers who play for more than 40 hours per week are more likely to report depression, anxiety, and lower overall life satisfaction.
5. A study conducted by the University of Oxford found that playing video games for less than an hour per day was associated with higher levels of well-being, while those who played for more than three hours per day had lower levels of well-being.
It is important to note that not all video game usage is considered addiction, and many people are able to enjoy video games in a healthy and balanced way.
Is the 8 ball pool addiction widespread?
It is possible that some individuals may become addicted to the game due to its competitive nature and the satisfaction of winning. It is important to maintain a healthy balance between gaming and other aspects of life such as work, social relationships, and physical activity.
Symptoms, Causes and Signs of 8 ball pool addiction
Why is 8 ball pool so addictive?
8 Ball Pool is an incredibly addictive game because it offers a competitive and social experience that can be enjoyed by anyone. You can challenge players from around the world, join tournaments, and customize your own table. The game also has a leveling system so you can keep track of your progress and strive for higher ranks. With its simple but challenging gameplay, 8 Ball Pool is an exciting and enjoyable game that can be played for hours on end.
Possible causes of 8 ball pool dependency
- 1. Competitive Nature: Playing 8 ball pool is a competitive game and can be very addictive as players strive to improve their game and get better scores.
- 2. Social Interaction: 8 ball pool can be a great way to stay connected with friends and family, as well as meet new people online.
- 3. Rewards: Players can earn coins and other rewards by winning games and completing challenges. This can be very motivating and encourages players to keep coming back for more.
- 4. Easy Access: 8 ball pool is a mobile game, so it’s easy to access and play anytime, anywhere.
- 5. Escapism: For some players, 8 ball pool can be a way to escape from the stresses of everyday life and relax.
Signs & Symptoms of 8 ball pool addiction
Now let’s see if you have the 8 ball pool addiction problem.
- 1. You find yourself daydreaming about playing 8 ball pool during your free time.
- 2. You’re always looking for new opponents to challenge.
- 3. You have a hard time stopping yourself from playing 8 ball pool.
- 4. You’ve started to notice yourself playing more and more, even when you should be doing something else.
- 5. You’ve started to recognize the different sound effects and can figure out what’s happening in the game without looking.
- 6. You’ve become more critical of your technique and are constantly trying to improve.
- 7. You’ve started to plan your day around when you can play 8 ball pool.
Problems, impacts & bad effects of 8 ball pool: should you quit?
What are some benefits of 8 ball pool
- 1. Easy to Learn: 8 Ball Pool is an easy game to learn, even for those who have never played pool before. The rules are simple, and the game is easy to pick up and play.
- 2. Fun and Challenging: 8 Ball Pool is a fun game that offers a challenge to all skill levels. Players must use strategy and skill to win the game, making it exciting and engaging.
- 3. Competitive: 8 Ball Pool is a great game for competing against friends and family, as well as other players online. Players can challenge each other to matches, and the game offers leaderboards and tournaments to make it even more competitive.
- 4. Social Aspect: 8 Ball Pool offers an online chat feature, allowing players to socialize and interact with each other. This adds a social aspect to the game, making it even more enjoyable.
- 5. Variety of Tables: 8 Ball Pool offers a variety of tables and game modes to play, including the classic 8-ball, 9-ball, and Snooker. This allows for variety and replayability, so players never get bored.
- 6. Avatars: 8 Ball Pool allows players to customize their avatars, giving them their own unique look and style. This feature adds a personal touch to the game, making it even more enjoyable.
But at the opposite, what can be some 8 ball pool addiction problems addicts suffer from?
general health problems
- 1. Eye Strain: Playing 8 Ball Pool for long periods of time can lead to eye strain, which can cause headaches, blurred vision, and difficulty focusing.
- 2. Neck and Shoulder Pain: Poor posture when playing 8 Ball Pool can cause neck and shoulder pain due to the hunched-over position.
- 3. Wrist and Hand Pain: Repetitive motions of playing 8 Ball Pool can cause pain in the wrists and hands due to carpal tunnel syndrome.
- 4. Poor Social Interaction: Playing 8 Ball Pool can lead to a lack of real-world social interaction, leading to feelings of isolation and loneliness.
- 5. Addiction: 8 Ball Pool can become addictive, leading to players neglecting their real-world responsibilities.
8 ball pool and sleep disorder
It is possible for excessive use of electronic devices, including playing 8 ball pool, to disrupt sleep patterns and contribute to sleep problems. The blue light emitted by electronic screens can suppress the production of melatonin, a hormone that promotes sleep, and make it harder to fall asleep at night.
Additionally, playing 8 ball pool or other video games late into the night can interfere with the body’s natural sleep-wake cycle and make it difficult to get adequate rest. It is recommended to limit screen time before bedtime to reduce the risk of sleep problems.
8 ball pool affecting your brain & mental health: bad for brain and mental health?
Some effects of 8 ball pool on your brain
- 1. Decreased Concentration: Long hours of playing 8 ball pool can lead to a decrease in concentration as your mind is overstimulated by the lights and sounds of the game.
- 2. Loss of Social Interaction: 8 ball pool can be a solitary activity, and when done for too long it can lead to decreased social interaction with friends and family.
- 3. Increased Stress Levels: Due to the competitive nature of the game, playing 8 ball pool for too long can lead to increased stress levels that can have a detrimental effect on your mental health.
- 4. Addiction: 8 ball pool can be an addictive game, and if not played in moderation it can lead to an unhealthy obsession with the game.
Some effects of 8 ball pool on your mental health
There are several potential negative effects of 8 ball pool on mental health. These include:
- 1. Increased Stress: The intense competition in 8 ball pool can cause players to become overly stressed and anxious. This can lead to feelings of frustration and restlessness.
- 2. Decreased Focus: Spending too much time playing 8 ball pool can lead to a decrease in focus and concentration, which can impair performance in school and work.
- 3. Social Isolation: Spending time on 8 ball pool can lead to social isolation as it can be difficult to maintain meaningful relationships with friends and family while devoting time to the game.
- 4. Addiction: 8 ball pool can be addictive, as players may become addicted to the thrill of competition and the sense of achievement when they win. This can lead to unhealthy habits and a decrease in real-life activities.
Does 8 ball pool cause stress and anxiety?
Playing 8 ball pool may not necessarily cause stress or anxiety, but it can be a contributing factor if you are already prone to these conditions. Winning or losing a game can create feelings of frustration or disappointment, and the pressure to perform well may also add to feelings of stress. However, it is important to note that everyone experiences stress and anxiety differently, and some may find playing 8 ball pool to be a relaxing and enjoyable activity. It is always important to monitor your own emotions and seek help if you feel overwhelmed or anxious.
Can 8 ball pool addiction lead to sadness and depression?
Yes, excessive addiction to 8 ball pool or any other game can lead to sadness and depression. When someone is addicted to a game, they may prioritize playing the game over other important aspects of their life such as work, school, relationships, and self-care. This can lead to feelings of guilt, shame, and isolation, which can contribute to depression.
Additionally, spending excessive amounts of time playing a game can lead to social isolation, lack of physical activity, and disrupted sleep patterns, which can also contribute to depression. It is important for individuals to maintain a healthy balance between leisure activities and other important aspects of their life to avoid negative mental health consequences.
Dopamine and 8 ball pool
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that plays a role in the brain’s reward system, and 8 ball pool is a popular billiards game that can be played on a variety of platforms, including smartphones, tablets, and computers. Playing 8 ball pool can stimulate the release of dopamine in the brain, as winning a game or achieving a high score can provide a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. However, excessive or compulsive playing of 8 ball pool (or any other video game) can lead to addiction and interfere with daily functioning. It’s important to maintain a healthy balance and limit screen time to prevent negative consequences.
8 ball pool effects on Focus, productivity, attention span, academic performance…
Playing 8 ball pool can have both positive and negative effects on focus, productivity, attention span, and academic performance, depending on how much time and effort is spent playing the game.
– Playing 8 ball pool can help to improve hand-eye coordination and motor skills, which can be beneficial in other areas of life.
– It can also provide a fun and relaxing break from academic work or other tasks, which can help to relieve stress and improve overall mood.
– Spending too much time playing 8 ball pool can be a distraction from important tasks, leading to decreased productivity and a decrease in academic performance.
– It can also be addictive, leading to a loss of focus and attention span.
– Playing the game late into the night can also disrupt sleep patterns, leading to fatigue and decreased cognitive function the next day.
Overall, playing 8 ball pool in moderation can be a fun and beneficial activity, but it is important to balance it with other important tasks and responsibilities.
A word about ADHD and 8 ball pool
It is possible that people with ADHD may interact differently with 8 ball pool compared to those without the condition. ADHD can affect an individual’s ability to focus and concentrate for extended periods of time, which may impact their gameplay. They may have difficulty staying engaged in the game, become easily distracted, or struggle with impulsivity, which could lead to impulsive shots or decisions. However, it is important to note that not all individuals with ADHD will have the same experiences or challenges with playing 8 ball pool.
affecting your relationships
8 ball pool and self-esteem
8 ball pool can have both positive and negative effects on self-esteem.
On the positive side, playing and winning in 8 ball pool can give a sense of accomplishment and boost self-confidence. The feeling of mastering a skill and competing against others can be empowering and satisfying, leading to a heightened sense of self-worth.
However, on the negative side, losing repeatedly or struggling to improve can lead to feelings of frustration, inadequacy, and low self-esteem. Comparison to other players and feeling like one is not good enough can also contribute to negative self-talk and damaging thoughts.
Overall, it is important to approach 8 ball pool and any competitive activity with a balanced mindset, focusing on personal growth and improvement rather than solely on winning or losing.
8 ball pool addiction leads to isolation and loneliness?
Yes, excessive addiction to any activity, including 8 ball pool, can lead to isolation and loneliness. When individuals become addicted to an activity, they may prioritize it over social interactions with family and friends, leading to a decrease in social connections and feelings of loneliness.
Additionally, excessive screen time can lead to a lack of physical activity and a sedentary lifestyle, further contributing to isolation and loneliness. It is essential to maintain a healthy balance between leisure activities and social interactions to prevent addiction and promote overall well-being.
Effects of 8 ball pool on your relationship
- 1. Enhances Communication: Playing 8 ball pool together can be a great way to improve communication skills between partners. It requires good communication and teamwork to strategize and win the game.
- 2. Builds Trust: Playing 8 ball pool together can build trust between partners. It requires trust and confidence in each other’s abilities to make the right shots and win the game.
- 3. Increases Bonding: Playing 8 ball pool together can be a fun and enjoyable activity, which can increase bonding and intimacy between partners.
- 4. Relieves Stress: Playing 8 ball pool can be a great stress reliever for both partners. It can help reduce tension and promote relaxation.
- 1. Addiction: Playing 8 ball pool excessively can lead to addiction and excessive time spent on the game, which can negatively impact the partner’s relationship.
- 2. Competition: Playing 8 ball pool can be a competitive activity, which can cause tension and conflict in the relationship if one partner is more competitive than the other.
- 3. Neglect: Playing 8 ball pool can lead to neglect of other important aspects of the relationship, such as spending quality time together, communication, and intimacy.
- 4. Financial Burden: Playing 8 ball pool can also be a financial burden if one partner spends too much money on the game, causing stress and tension in the relationship.
How To Stop & quit Your 8 ball pool Addiction
Finally you think you are addicted to 8 ball pool and you are wondering how to quit it? How to break and overcome your cravings for 8 ball pool?
Here are the best solutions, steps, supports, resources and help you can get to treat your 8 ball pool addiction.
Main steps and solutions to break the 8 ball pool addiction
- 1. Set a time limit: Decide how much time you want to spend on 8 Ball Pool and set a timer to remind you when your time is up.
- 2. Uninstall the game: Delete the game app from your device to limit your access.
- 3. Find an alternative activity: Find a different activity to fill the time you would have spent on 8 Ball Pool.
- 4. Talk to someone: Talk to a friend or family member about your addiction and how it is affecting your life.
- 5. Seek help: Consider seeking professional help if you feel your 8 Ball Pool addiction is becoming too hard to manage.
Actually, that’s what most documentation out there is about… However, quitting a digital addiction can be a bit trickier than that.
So our team, after testing many ways, designed a bulletproof way to overcome them. Here are some clear and practical steps that are very powerful to quit a digital addiction, including 8 ball pool:
1. Purge temptations: Get rid of 8 ball pool
First, cleaning your life from temptations is much easier than resisting to them. Disable or delete your 8 ball pool accounts, change the password and hide it somewhere you can’t access easily, keep your phone / computer far away… Out of sight out of mind.
Here is a video from our course the The Digital Purge. on how to add resistance to your temptations, so you become so lazy to engage with them that you give them up: