Working hard is the key to success, they say. But what good is all that effort if you don’t have any compassion? Being kind is one of the most important things a person can do in life, and it doesn’t take any extra effort at all. In fact, being kind can make you happier and more successful! Here are some of our favorite kindness quotes to get you started.
The best kindness quotes
1. Kindness gives birth to kindness. — Sophocles
2. I always win in every fight — my secret weapons are my kindness and forgiveness.
3. Kindness trumps everything. Kind people are magnets for all of the good things in life. — Tom Giaquinto, Be A Good Human
4. Be an example of small acts of kindness — help someone in need.
5. Kindness trumps everything. Kind people are magnets for all of the good things in life. — Tom Giaquinto, Be A Good Human
6. Avoid anger — embrace kindness.
7. Kindness is really at the core of what it means to be and feel alive. — Sharon Salzberg, Real Love: The Art of Mindful Connection
8. Don’t ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness for weakness. — Unknown Author 909
9. Compassion for others begins with kindness to ourselves. — Pema Chodron
10. The activity of loving kindness is the bridge that allows you to slowly, slowly realise the wisdom and perfection of this moment. — Tony Samara
11. When all you have is the darkness of hate, kindness is a beacon that burns bright. — Reyna Pryde, Unique: A New Breed
12. Give Happiness, Patience, kindness, and Care, and the PAIN goes away.Then only LOVE remains… — Tsem Tulku Rinpoche, 108 Ways to Grab My Apples
13. We have a great deal more kindness than is ever spoken. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. I get a lot of people trying to take advantage of me because of my kindness. So, I’m either real nice to you, or I want to cut your head off. There’s no in between with me. — Mike Epps
15. I would rather make mistakes in kindness and compassion than work miracles in unkindness and hardness. — Mother Teresa, A Gift for God: Prayers and Meditations
16. It is those who injure women who get the most kindness from them. — William Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair
17. May my thoughts of kindness stretch over like a warm blanket to envelop your being and caress your soul. — Truth Devour, Wantin
18. When someone you love makes compassion, kindness, forgiveness, respect and God an option, you can be sure they have made you an option, as well. — Shannon L. Alder
19. Imagine the greatness this world would know if kindness were as contagious and enduring as the common cold. — Richelle E. Goodrich, Slaying Dragons
20. Honesty and integrity are the yardsticks by which we measure our intrinsic value. — Orly Wahba, Kindness Boomerang: How to Save the World (and Yourself) Through 365 Daily Acts
21. A Simple act of Kindness can create endless Ripples — Pushkar Saraf
22. Treat everyone with politeness and kindness, not because they are nice, but because you are. — Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
23. Sleep on it until your thoughts are rational and your tongue is capable of speaking only kindness and truth. — Toni Sorenson
24. The spirit of Christmas is a sweet, internal peace that testifies of the power of kindness and charity. — Richelle E. Goodrich, Slaying Dragons
25. Kindness is wisdom. — Philip James Bailey
26. The embodiment of kindness is often made difficult by our long ingrained patternsof fear & jealousy. — Sharon Salzberg, The Force of Kindness: Change Your Life with Love & Compassion
27. Whatever one does without the right belief (samkit–Self–realization) will lead to karmic bondage. Even when he gives to charity or shows kindness — it is all karma bondage.
28. His kindness was only meant to make later torments crueler. — Rosamund Hodge, Cruel Beauty
29. Kindness is a calling. Caring about people is powerful. Love changes lives. — Rachel Hamilton
30. Pity is an insult. Kindness is a miracle. — Patrick Ness
31. His kindness was only meant to make later torments crueler. — Rosamund Hodge, Cruel Beauty
32. Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom. — Theodore Isaac Rubin
33. The sun is never denied the light it gives; likewise, you are never denied the kindness you bestow. — Matshona Dhliwayo
34. The essence of love is kindness. — Robert Louis Stevenson
35. For loneliness, worries, difficulties, the unsatisfied need for kindness and sympathy–that is what is hard to bear. — Vincent Van Gogh
36. Love, real Love, comes with three conditions–respect, kindness and trust. It isn’t, and should never be, unconditional. — Megan Jacobson, The Build–up Season
37. Communication is the key and saying your words with kindness is the way to go. — Pamela Cummins, Insights for Singles: Steps to Find Everlasting Love
38. Imagine the greatness this world would know if kindness were as contagious and enduring as the common cold. — Richelle E. Goodrich, Slaying Dragons
39. Kindness is ever the begetter of kindness. — Sophocles
40. He was funny and charming, but also kind. It seemed the older she got, the more she appreciated kindness in people. — Susan Mallery, All Summer Long
41. Kindness is the best prayer — never forget to be kind and pray.
42. Cheerfulness will help you draw strangers, cleverness will help gain acquaintances, faithfulness will help you keep companions, and kindness will help you multiply friends. — Matshona Dhliwayo
43. Kindness gives birth to kindness. — Sophocles
44. If we will have the kindness of others, we must endure their follies. — Samuel Johnson
45. Be kinder to yourself. And then let your kindness flood the world. — Pema Chodron
46. When someone you love makes compassion, kindness, forgiveness, respect and God an option, you can be sure they have made you an option, as well. — Shannon L. Alder
47. May I never get too busy in my own affairs that I fail to respond to the needs of others with kindness and compassion. — Thomas Jefferson
48. To eliminate the inner turmoil we must focus our attention inward and act with loving kindness to ourselves–and each other. — Michelle Cruz–Rosado
49. Beauty lives with kindness. — William Shakespeare
50. Close your eyes, forget everything that hurts you and dream love, kindness and compassion. — M.F. Moonzajer
Kindness is a core value that should be embraced by everyone. It is the key to a more peaceful and harmonious society. As the great author George Eliot once said, “What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?” Let us all strive to practice kindness and make our world a better place.