Belief is the glue that holds our dreams together. It keeps us moving forward even when we can’t see a way to make things happen. And it’s the fuel that powers our passions.
The best belief quotes
1. If you can’t believe then you can’t achieve and belief is intrinsic to every human — so what are you waiting for? Go ahead and get what you believe to achieve.
2. Tolerance is not the absence of belief. Tolerance is how your beliefs teach you to treat other people — Timothy Keller
3. It is not what happens to you or for you that makes you grateful. It’s how you respond to what is happening, that shows your belief about gratitude. — Sumner Davenport
4. As long as the belief is: we need suffering to grow, the world will be suffering and the belief will be limiting. — Nataša Nuit Pantović, A–Ma Alchemy of Love
5. Our minds were circumscribed within narrow limits by an habitual belief that it was our duty to be subordinate to the mother country. — Thomas Jefferson
6. Don’t let the world around you defeat the belief within you. — Nick Jonas
7. I would much rather lose people than compromise my beliefs & values to please them. — Trevor Driggers
8. The whole conviction of my life now rests upon the belief that loneliness, far from being a rare and curious phenomenon, is the central and inevitable fact of human existence. — Thomas Wolfe
9. Just as it is the love of money that is the root of all evil, it is the belief in shamefulness that is the root of all misery. — Stephen Fry
10. Belief consists in accepting the affirmations of the soul; unbelief, in denying them. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. I am a bit of a hopeless romantic. I really do have a faith and a belief in love, and when I love, I love hard. — Melanie Fiona
12. All of us are driven by a simple belief that the world as it is just won’t do–that we have an obligation to fight for the world as it should be. — Michelle Obama
13. Faith is what is left after all your beliefs have been blown to hell. — Ram Dass
14. People’s beliefs and faiths are as a result of their place of birth, or how they were brought up — Osazee Williams Omoregie, Life Unleashed
15. Faith, it is said, is better than belief, because belief is when someone else does the thinking. — Mitch Albom
16. One must marry one’s feelings to one’s beliefs and ideas. That is probably the only way to achieve a measure of harmony in one’s life. — Napoleon Hill
17. Beliefs are conclusions reached by men who are lazy to think for themselves. — Mokokoma Mokhonoana
18. Literature isn’t a moral beauty contest. Its power arises from the authority and audacity with which the impersonation is pulled off; the belief it inspires is what counts. — Philip Roth
19. Our greatest dreams are never out of reach, only out of belief. — Wayne Dyer
20. I think the common experience is that modern shamans are called by the spirits — we just don’t have a collective belief system or community that recognizes the calling for what it is.
21. Begging is much more difficult than it looks. Contrary to popular belief, it’s a high art form that takes years of dedicated practice to master. — Sol Luckman, Beginner’s Luke
22. Nothing, absolutely nothing, has a more direct bearing on the moral choices made by individuals or the purposes pursued by society than belief or disbelief in God. — Ravi Zacharias
23. By way of watching your mind, you will see life beyond a mere set of habits, emotions and beliefs. — Rajeev Kurapati, Unbound Intelligence: A Personal Guide to Self–Discovery
24. The strong belief can make things out of imagination.But that can also make facts as if they were fairy tales. — Toba Beta, Master of Stupidity
25. You get the results your belief dictates — Tony Curl, Seriously Simple Stuff to Get You Unstuck
26. The only thing that can free you is the belief that you can be free. — Oprah Winfrey
27. Happiness does not come from a job. It comes from knowing what you truly value, and behaving in a way that’s consistent with those beliefs. — Mike Rowe
28. Zealous men are ever displaying to you the strength of their belief, while judicious men are showing you the grounds of it. — William Shenstone
29. And maybe she had certain beliefs that if you love somebody, [you’re] gonna like them too. And that isn’t necessarily true. — Tori Amos
30. If you have a strong belief in yourself, in what you are doing and what you want to do, no adversity is too difficult to overcome. — Napoleon Hill
31. You must continue to believe with all your heart. Sometimes belief is all if takes to make something real. — Morgan Rhodes, Falling Kingdoms
32. I think most things are pretty magical, and that it’s less a matter of belief than it is one of just stopping to notice. — Neil Gaiman
33. Beliefs are choices. First you choose your beliefs. Then your beliefs affect your choices. — Roy T. Bennett
34. All over the world, belief in the supernatural has authorised the sacrifice of people to propitiate bloodthirsty gods, and the murder of witches for their malevolent powers. — Steven Pinker
35. Change will come slowly, across generations, because old beliefs die hard even when demonstrably false. — E. O. Wilson
36. An attitude of philosophic doubt, of suspended judgment, is repugnant to the natural man. Belief is an independent joy to him. — William Minto
37. They say: Belief is important. I say: No, actions are important. Judge by deed, not by creed. — Robert Green Ingersoll
38. The beliefs concerning reincarnation have great ethical impact on human life and our relationship to the world. — Stanislav Grof
39. Poverty on both a personal and worldwide level is supported by our collective belief in scarcity. — Shakti Gawain
40. It’s a wholly illogical but nonetheless powerful belief that things will change for the better in a new place — that the urge to self–destruct will magically disappear.
41. Intellectuals are naturally attracted by the idea of a planned society, in the belief that they will be in charge of it. — Roger Scruton
42. Ali’s belief in himself was something I picked up on, and it’s become my own philosophy. — Sugar Ray Leonard
43. And then he’d tried to become an official Atheist and hadn’t got the rock–hard self–satisfied strength of belief even for that. — Neil Gaiman
44. Affirming belief that America is an exceptional nation has become a test of patriotism in American politics. — Michael Ignatieff
45. Nothing is as powerful as one’s beliefs. — Patty Houser, A Woman’s Guide to Knowing What You Believe: How to Love God With Your Heart and Your Mind
46. Make sure your beliefs match who you are: love. — Renae A. Sauter, An Empowered Life: Mind/Body/Spirit Empowerment
47. Your moral values & ability to rationalize — not your religious beliefs or political affiliations define what you should stand for in society.
48. One of the hardest expressions of self–assertiveness is challenging your limiting beliefs. — Nathaniel Branden
49. I think the common experience is that modern shamans are called by the spirits — we just don’t have a collective belief system or community that recognizes the calling for what it is.
50. Belief fuels our decisions–even when we are not clearly aware of those beliefs. — Mary Anne Radmacher
No matter how hard times may seem, it is important to never lose hope. Our beliefs are the foundation of our lives, so it is important to stay true to them. With these uplifting quotes, we hope that you have been inspired to keep believing in yourself and the world around you.